Han River Murder

The Obsessed

Dammit!”

He should’ve listened to his girlfriend; he should’ve studied.

“Hyung, let’s go play soccer,” Sehun suggested as he kneed the ball to Luhan.

The elder hit the soccer ball with the back of his arm and pulled the roots of his hair, “I can’t!” He exclaimed as he scribbled down notes on his study guide, “Since I’ve been with Heeyeon so much I’ve been procrastinating instead of studying.” 

Sehun rolled his eyes and grabbed the ball. Should’ve ditch the . He sighed and walked to the focused Luhan, “Come on, just one game.” 

“Dammit Sehun!” Luhan shouted as he slammed his hands to the desk and faced the younger boy, “No, Sehun, no! I cannot play soccer with you right now okay!” He sat down and began flipping through textbooks, “I have a finals in this class tomorrow and I cannot fail it.” He grabbed his pen and began to scribble down some notes. "Professor Cha does not grade nicely, especially for the finals." Luhan began to grumble. “Should’ve studied when Heeyeon told me to,” he mumbled. He threw his head on his desk and whined, “I wish he’d push back this or back or something.”

Sehun shrugged, "Alrighty then," he turned to the door to leave, "Have fun doing boring stuff!"

Once he opened the door, Heeyeon stood with her keys in her hand. Her face turned pale and her lips pressed onto each other. Fear quickly grew onto her and he knew it. Sehun smirked, "Hey noona, how was work?"

His voice sent unwanted chills down her back. Unable to answer, she pushed past him to make way into her apartment then shut the door. Sehun clucked his tongue, "Sheesh, you two are so rude today."

Heeyeon leaned on the door and took deep breaths. She managed to avoid him for a week, but seeing him again just right now, she just didn't know how to react. She had grown so frightened of him; his presence evoked utter fear and threat. She looked and saw a stressed out Luhan trying his best to get memorize all of his notes. His hands gripped his dirty blonde hair as he repeated the phrases. 

"Heeyeon?" He stopped, "Is that you?"

She walked to him and hugged him from behind, "Yes, it's me." She put her head on his shoulder and shut her eyes, "Baekhyun's been missing for a week now. I don't want to have any negative thoughts, but I can't help but think something terrible happened to him." Before Luhan could reply, she pushed herself off of him, "I'll let you study, now."

She walked to their room then sat on their bed. Work has been so stressful. As Baekhyun's replacement, they hired Minseok. Minseok was a sweet man and a hard worker, but things just weren't the same. Just the thought of her good friend left her heart feeling heavy. Heeyeon crossed her legs then held them close to her chest. She couldn't help but cry to herself. At first she was able to conceal them, but quickly after she found it impossible. She missed him so much, everything hurt. She balled up her fist and pressed it onto her lips, remembering that Luhan could have easily heard her. She laid down on the bed and quiet sobbed to herself.

Byun Baekhyun, where are you?

 

 

It was obvious who Sehun turned to. Sehun drove to Jongin's "bachelor pad" and stepped on the door step. He looked at the keypad that access the house. "Dumb should really think of another code."

0114

The lock clicked and the door unlocked. Sehun rolled his eyes, "One's birthday is just too damn easy." He walked in and saw the house empty, which was strange because it was always filled with either a bunch of girls or him walking around topless. Then it clicked to him, "Dumb sss is probably in the basement."

Jongin would hang out in his basement where "bad" things would happen. May it be drugs, booze, or  Jongin held everything private in thereand Sehun had total access to it. Sehun walked down the steps and heard grunting, groaning, and heavy breathing. Sehun grimaced having all of these dirty scenarios in his head. "Is the bastard having an at his hour?" He walked down then saw the scene.

“What the are you doing?”

Jongin looked over his shoulder and smirked, “Hey look,” he slapped the old man’s face, “I said look you motherer!” He threw his fist straight down the knuckle at the man’s bloody cheek. Weakly, the beaten man looked up. Jongin squeezed his flesh-ripped cheeks with his fingers. He nodded his head at Sehun, “We have a guest here.” He pushed the man’s face away then kicked his body, “Rude son of a .” Jongin spat at the man’s face then kicked his stomach.

Sehun gave Jongin a blank face, “You can’t go killing random people.”

Jongin laughed then the blood on his knuckles, “But you can?” He scrapped the blood off his tongue with his teeth. He gathered it in his mouth then spat it at the man, “Bastard purposely ing failed me.” He wiped his the excess spit from the side of his lips ten shrugged, “You know how my parents are.” He grabbed a pocket knife from the table and bent down, "Okay Professor Cha, how 'bout you grade me on how well I end your pathetic life."

Sehun's eyes narrowed. Professor Cha? Isn't that Luhan's professor's name also?

The professor grunted and resisted as much as his body would allow him to, but it was no use. Jongin punctured the knife in the man's throat. His screams became rapid vibrations of blood splattered pain. 

Jongin groaned as the blood got on his face, "Are you kidding me?" He stabbed the knife on Professor Cha's thighs. The man cried from the excruciating pain. Jongin stood up and got a cloth to wipe the blood off, "Can you believe the bastard had the audacity to get his blood on my face?"

"I mean you just stabbed the living out of him," Sehun monotonously replied, "That was the least he could do to get back at you." Sehun sighed, "Look you wanna play soccer or not? I'm not in the mood right now."

"Yeah of course!" Jongin looked at the professor, "After this." He yanked the knife out of the man's thigh then stabbed him in the heart. He pushed it in deeply then twisted the blade. He stood up and stepped on the weapon, impaling it in the dead man's body. Jongin smiled, "That should do it." Jongin kicked the man to check for a response—of course he got none; the man was dead. Jongin walked to the sink at the end of the basement to wash his hands.

"What about the body, smart one?" 
 
Jongin dried his hands, "I'll dump later when no one is awake, smart one." He walked to Sehun to ruffle his hair.
 
Sehun blocked his touch, "Do not touch me, you just killed someone." 
 
Jongin rolled his eyes, "You make it seem like you didn't." He walked up the stairs, "Lemme go change first then we can go play."
 
 
 
Luhan sat in class, chanting all of the key terms and notes that he had been relentlessly studying for the past two days. He found it peculiar how Professor wasn't there like always. No matter the occasion, his professor was always there even before class started. Whatever the reason, he just wish his studying will have pay off.
 
"Everyone, I have some devastating news for you."
 
Everyone looked up in front of the lecture hall and saw the Dean. He sighed and folded his hands together, "We have suffered a deep loss." He stumbled to continue. "Professor Cha was murdered, his body was dumped and found this early morning at the Han River."
 
The class stood still. Everyone was absolutely speechless. Luhan's eyes lost the ability to blink and his breath grew slow. 
 
"Because of this, your finals will be pushed back until further notice. Class is dismissed." He nodded to the students then walked out of the class with a teary-eye.
 
The class quickly buzzed with discussion. While some were thinking positively by including how the finals were pushed back, the majority was mourning over their teacher's death. Luhan couldn't believe it. Professor Cha, his Politics teacher, the man who he respected the most as an educator, had been murdered. Who would do such a thing? He and his classmates asked. He stood up and sheepishly walked down the steps and out of the classroom. 
 
Everything was so overwhelming. He couldn't believe it, this information just wouldn't progress in his head. He refused to believe that his favorite professor was dead. It couldn't be.
 
 
Today was the day, it was Luhan's Politics final. Sehun laughed to himself imagining how freaked out his hyung would be in class. Sehun looked up and coincidentally saw him: Luhan. Sehun smiled, "Hyung!" He walked over to him and noticed his gloom face. He chuckled, "What's up with the face?"
 
"Sehun-ah," Luhan looked at the younger with empty eyes, "My politics professor was murdered. His body was found in Han River this morning."
 
"Oh..." Sehun trailed. Dumb dumped his body in the Han River? Idiot. "What about your finals?"
 
"They got pushed back but—"
 
"That's great!" Sehun exclaimed, trying to make the situation better. "More time for you to study right?"
 
"Look—no—that's not the point. The point is my professor is dead and," he sighed in defeat. "I'm going home, I'll see you whenever." He faked a grin at the younger then walked away. 
 
 
 
Minseok's eyes widened. "Heeyeon-sshi, turn the volume up."
 
Heeyeon stopped and looked at the screen. 
 
Han River Murder
 
Her eyes widened then she turned it up louder. 
 
"This morning at 7 AM, a man spotted a floating body while jogging around the Han River. After reporting it to the police, the man was identified as Cha Jochung, a Political Studies professor at Seoul University."
 
Heeyeon's spirit fell, "Oh my gosh..." She slowly put down the cups. "Oh my gosh..."
 
Minseok grimaced at the screen, "The world has gotten so cruel in such a short amount of time."
 
She put her hands on her head, "Luhan, oh my god Luhan, his favorite professor too." She looked back the the screen.
 
"Investigations speculate that it was indeed murder, however the murderer has yet to be identified. Anyone who knows anything pertaining to the Han River Murder, please contact the police immediately."
 
Heeyeon took off her apron, "Minseok-sshi, I'm gonna go somewhere really quick. Close the shop until I come back, I promise I won't take long." Minseok nodded as she slipped on her jacket and ran out. Thankfully the bus didn't leave yet, so she quickly boarded on.
 
 
She entered their apartment breathing heavily. "Luhan?" Without a response, she walked into their room and saw Luhan sitting on their bed, staring out the window blankly. "Luhan," she said lowly. Slowly, she walked to him and sat down.
 
"Professor Cha is dead." His eyebrows furrowed, "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem right."
 
She hugged him, "Baby it's okay." She felt tears building up, seeing her boyfriend so emotionally pained.
 
Luhan pulled away, "I'm sorry but can you just leave me alone for a bit?"
 
Heeyeon nodded, respecting her boyfriend's request. She stood up then gave him a kiss on the forehead. She slowly shut the door behind her then walked then walked out of their apartment to pace herself to the elevator. Before she could press the button, the doors opened to reveal Sehun. He was casually sipping on his strawberry bubble tea while holding onto Luhan's taro flavor. Heeyeon narrowed her eyes at him. She pushed him back in the elevator then pressed all the buttons. 
 
"I know what you did," she snarled lowly.
 
He scoffed, "Can I not get strawberry flavor? Just wanted to try something new." His face grimaced, "Was getting tired of chocolate." She shoved him to the elevator wall and gave him a threatening look. She was no longer afraid of him, instead she became bold and audacious. Sehun chuckled huskily, "Is this one of your sick fantasies? Messing around with your boyfriend's best friend in an elevator?" 
 
"I know you have something to do with this, Oh Sehun."
 
He sipped on his drink, "What are you talking about?"
 
"Professor Cha and..." She hesitated, "Baekhyun's disappearance, they both have a connection: me and Luhan."
 
He laughed, mocking her ridiculous ephiphany, "Oh really now? Why would I have anything to do with it?"
 
She slammed him to the elevator, "What did you do?!" She screamed at him with tears streaming down her eyes, "What did you do?" She softly repeated.
 
Wit the force of his arm, Sehun pushed her off of him and to the corner. Her head the elevator's handle bars. "You're really funny you know that. Without even the littlest evidence you go ahead and go accusing people of committing crimes they didn't do." 
 
She looked up at him with tearful eyes, "I know you have something to do with it, I just know it."
 
He smirked and bent down to her level. He pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, making her flinch, "With what evidence?" The elevator dinged open. He stood up, "Thanks," he left his bubble tea for her, "You made me lose my ing apetite. Congrats on doing the impossible, tramp." He exited the elevator, "P.S."
 
Heeyeon looked up at him.
 
"You look like a ing mess. es look more appealing than you."
 
She grit her teeth, "Shut the  up!" She screamed at him. She kicked the bubble tea, but the door shut before it could reach him. It splattered on the floor of the elevator and her fur boots. She let at a loud sigh of frustration and hit the walls of the elevator.
 
Sehun smiled to himself, hearing the ruckus she caused. "Ah, she should cuss more often," he took out his phone, "It makes me feel better about myself." He dialed Jongin's number.
 
"Whut?" Jongin croacked from the other line.
 
"Han River? Really?" Sehun stopped at Luhan's doorstep. "You're so basic it hurts."
 
"I was in the neighborhood and just thought about how beautiful it'd be for him. I mean come on, it's the Han River! I was doing him a favor, in all honesty."
 
Sehun shook his head, "Okay then dumb , don't come crying to me when you're being ed by the gang leader in prison."
 
"More like he'll probably be my instead~" Jongin sang before Sehun could hang up.
 
Sehun looked at his phone, "Sick bastard, why do I associate with him?" Then he thought about Heeyeon. "She knows too much." He looked out the large window from the apartment floor and saw her running to chase the bus. "But she'll never catch up."

Hello everyone! It's been a while huh? Well I'm here to let y'all know that THE STORY IS BACK! I've finally finalized everything and I'm determined to finish it ASAP before anything. Thank you all for waiting so patiently and those new subbies who subscribed even when it was on semi-hiatus! I hope you guys liked this chapter ^^ I didn't edit it yet so excuse the mistakes.

P.S. CAN YOU ALL PLEASE VIEW ADN LIKE MY DANCE GROUP'S VIDEO? WE'RE ENTERING A COMPETITION AND WE NEED LIKES AND VIEWS IN ORDER TO WIN! THANK YOU!

WATCH AND LIKE HERE!