The Promise Keeper

The Obsessed

Not edited.

Will do it when I'm not too lazy.


Panting for air, sweating from the intensity, heaving from the immense heat, and the urge for victory fogged the field. Luhan kept his eye on the ball as Sehun put it to a stop, just about ready to make a goal. 
 
Sehun his lips, feeling the adrenaline pump from his heart and rush through his veins. He observed the net and Luhan's crouching blocking position. 
 
His mid standing point gives him the advantage of running to any given side I kick it to. He mentally noted carefully. His bent knees gives him the power to leap if I were to exceed his height. Sehun looked up at Luhan and rolled his eyes with a scoff. And his douche-o-meter has obviously skyrocketed. He took a deep breath with his eyes closed like as if he were meditating. 
 
Sehun opened his eyes and looked at Luhan's competitive smirk. "Sehun-ah," Luhan teasingly cooed,"Why aren't you kicking, huh?" Luhan heckled. He stood up straight and put his hands on his hips,"Afraid hyung would-"
 
With the force of his iron steel kick, Sehun struck the ball with a crisp, clear aim at the left corner of the net; Luhan's own personal weak spot. 
 
Sehun gasped out a vigorous smile as he stood up from his powerful kick. "Yeah!" He shouted victoriously with a high, proud jump.
 
Luhan chuckled and clapped his hands,"Good job, Sehun!" He congratulated. He turned around and  grabbed the soccer ball then looped it in his arms. Sehun ran up to his hyung with a suppressed self-satisfied grin. Luhan brought up his hand and ruffled the younger's hair,"Your aiming is getting better and better, you know that?"
 
They walked towards the bleachers and sat down. Sehun reached for his Gatorade bottle, "Of course it is," he squirt some in his mouth and gulped it down,"You're one hell of a blocker! It would have been impossible to score if I didn't improve my aiming and kicking."
 
Luhan laughed while grabbing his backpack from behind him. He took out his lunch box and looked at Sehun. "Well in that case," he opened it and took out two sandwiches," I guess I'll just have to improve myself then." Luhan handed Sehun a sandwich,"But as of now, let's eat."
 
Sehun eagerly took the food source,"Thank god, I was starving." He took a huge bite out of the mouth-watering sandwich and hummed out an 'Mmm'.
 
Luhan looked at the boy and laughed out loud. "Yah, slow down. Don't kill yourself now."
 
"This is good," Sehun murmured as he delved for another bite.
 
Luhan took a bite,"Thanks," he chewed with smiled of pride,"Heeyeon made it." 
 
From the mention of her name and the fact that she made the thing, Sehun felt his appetite go away. His chewing slowed down as he felt the deliciousness be replaced with pugnance, bitter, and distaste. 
 
Luhan smiled as he looked up at the clear blue sky. "I told her that I was gonna come practice with you and she made this for us." Luhan looked at Sehun with a grin,"Isn't she the sweetest?"
 
Sehun slightly grimaced,"Uh, yeah. The sweetest." He he said nonchalantly with a dash of sarcasm. Sehun looked away,"Actually I'm not so hungry anymore." He said as he placed it back in Luhan's lunch box. He got off of the bleachers and went down to the field to get the soccer ball.
 
Luhan laughed as he took a sip of Sehun's Gatorade,"Weren't you just devouring it a second ago like a pig?"
 
Sehun shrugged and played with the soccer ball with his hands ashe advanced towards the older one. "I don't know, just not hungry anymore." Because she made that piece of so-called food
 
Luhan shrugged,"Okay," he leaned back on the bleachers,"More for me." He said with a full mouth.
 
Sehun looked at Luhan eating the sandwich ravenously. He scoffed at himself, shameful that he was like Luhan for a slight second; voraciously eating the substance as if it held the holiest touch. He felt disgusted just at the thought that her fingers and her every cell covered that filthy sandwich, leaving perhaps the most dangerous diseases for him to consume. Sehun shivered at the thought, wanting to just puke out the toxins out of his system.
 
How could he have been so foolish? Of course it was made from the she-devil! Luhan never bought food for practice. It was always a trip to the bubble tea cafe afterwards. How could he have not suspected that the enemy wanted to poison him in the most vicious yet brilliantly cunning way possible such as a simple and manipulative sandwich.   
 
Sehun stopped messing with the soccer ball and looked at his hyung. It seems that Luhan was done eating and was now texting her a cute message. My god, how ty is this. Sehun scorned to himself. He rolled his eyes in an annoyed manner and made his way towards him to sat down. "Hey hyung."
 
"Yeah?" Luhan answered without breaking away from his phone.
 
Sehun shot laser from his eyes to the irritating device, specifially to the person on the other line. "What makes you the happiest?" He asked curiously whilst rolling the soccer ball in his hands.
 
Luhan looked up from his phone and thought aloud. "Hm," he placed his phone down and placed his arms at his sides. "Well, aside from Heeyeon and you..."
 
Sehun's lip twitched upon hearing her name first. Why is Heeyeon first? He pondered with a hurt clenching his heart. He and Luhan had been practically brothers for so long and yet this woman was already considered someone of higher importance than him?! Sehun was enraged, but undoubtedly hurt.
 
Luhan looked at the stadium that they were in with a prideful glint. He opened his arms and closed his eyes,"This soccer field," he said with much dignity and power in his voice. He inhaled the aroma of the freshly cut field,"Soccer is my pride and glory." He looked at Sehun and pat him on the neck,"This field is where my heart and soul lays." He laughed and reflected back to the field,"If I could die anywhere, I'd die here," he smiled with a hint of nostalgia,"Because I will be able to die in peace at my most favorite spot." Luhan looked at Sehun and chuckled,"Remember that, okay?" he said with a wagged finger.
 
Sehun laughed, glad that it wasn't completely at Heeyeon. "Okay, hyung, I will."
 
Luhan ruffled the back of the younger boy's hair,"Good. Now let's go," he grabbed his backpack and began packing,"I have a date with Heeyeon tonight so I need to go get ready." 
 
From the mention of her name again, Sehun unconscious let out an aggravated grumble an continued playing with the ball in his hands. Luhan looked back, after hearing that unpleasant noise and frowned. "Sehun, are you okay? What's wrong?"
 
Sehun sighed,"It's just, I thought we were gonna have our time today, you know since you've been with Heeyeon enough already. I jusy thought we could finally have some Luhan Sehun time." He unknowingly complained.
 
Luhan shook his head with a half-smile,"You're my brother, Sehun." He affirmed with a smile,"Remember that." The older man ruffled the younger's hair with a smile,"Nothing can ever break our brotherhood. I made a promise, remember? And I live up to my promises."
 
Luhan walked into the funeral home of his neighbors, the Oh's. The young thirteen-year-old remembered just seeing them yesterday alive and well when he took their nine-year-old son Sehun to soccer practice with him. Luhan felt the tension and mournful atmosphere of the funeral grow onto him, put he refused to take part of it. He refused to believed the Oh's died. He just wanted to go back to their happy neighborhood, unaffected by this death. He wish it were unreal and fake; a twisted fiction only created by the most vicious.
 
"Honey," his mother called,"There's Sehunnie over there, go comfort him. He's probably really sad right now." She suggested softly.
 
Luhan nodded, not even having to think twice, and made his way toward Sehun. The little boy was crouched over on his knees crying his heart out. "Mommy! Daddy! Hyung!" He cried hysterically to the point where his tears were mixed with his saliva and running nose. "Come back!" He cried with great urgency.
 
Luhan frowned in sorrow at Sehun's sobs. His eyebrows knit as he bit his lips, still not letting Sehun's desperate ries get to him. He knelt down next to Sehun,"Sehun-ah," he called as he turned the crying boy toward him. He wiped away the boy's tears away with his sleeves, trying not to cry himself. "Don't cry, Luhan hyung is here." He assured with a smile. "I don't want to see you like this." 
 
"But Luhan hyung," Sehun sniveled to the thirteen-year-old,"I have no one. No mommy and daddy to take care of me. No brother to watch over me. I'm an orphan that no one wants to love and care for." Sehun cried harder,"I have no one. No one to love. No one to care for me. No one to call family."
 
His mind was witnessing wave after wave of emotion; as it crashed down, his lip trembled slightly and with it too brought a fresh set of salty tears to leak from his eyes no matter how he tried to keep the watery film at bay they refused. His face, the once blank canvas, broke. Luhan hugged Sehun tightly in his arms and shook his head,"No, Sehun, hyung won't let that happen." He said calmly as he painfully allowed those heavy rain clouds in his head release from his eyes. "I promise I will take care of you. You are my brother, Sehun, okay? I don't care what they say, you are my brother and I am yours. It is my job to take care of you and I won't let anything or anyone hurt you." He sniffled a cry as Sehun's escalated. "I will care for you as a brother, I will love for you as a brother, and I will protect you like a brother because from now on I am your brother. Whenever you are sad you will come talk to me, you hear me?"
 
Sehun nodded from the comforting hug.
 
"If someone is messing with you, I will deal with them. Any burden that you have, I will help you carry it because I am you brother." He pulled away from Sehun and looked at him in the eyes with a heartened smile,"Nothing can break our brotherhood, remember that okay Oh Sehun? Can you do that for me?"
 
Sehun nodded as he tried to keep his cries to a minimum.
 
"Promise me that you will not cry like this anymore." Luhan held out his pinky finger,"Can you promise me this?"
 
Sehun nodded held out his pinky finger also. "And you promise me that you will never leave me as my hyung?" He asked with round, doe eyes.
 
Luhan nodded with a forming smile,"I promise to never, ever abandon you." He looped his pinky with the younger,"And when I promise, I live up to my promises."
 
"Well?" Luhan asked,"Do I?" He lifted up his fist for Sehun to bump.
 
Sehun nodded,"Yeah, you do." He bumped his fist with the older one. 
 
"Good, now how bout one more round?" Luhan asked with a challenging tone in his voice.
 
Sehun narrowed his eyes at him,"You just love losing, don't you?"
 
"Hah! Not this time!" Luhan took the ball from Sehun and ran to the field,"Best out of three!" He shouted.
 
"You're on!" Sehun shouted as he tightened his laces. Right when he was going to run to the field to join Luhan, his phone clanged, signaling that it received a message. Sehun looked and frowned.
To: Luhannie ^^
From: Heeyoung My ​Baobei 
 
Done yet? We're going to be late for our reservation, so hurry up~ Love you :*
Sehun scowled at the phone. Why was she so needy and demanding? What's the rush? It's jus a damn reservation. Food is food, why the hell was she so damn picky to begin with? If she wanted to go so badly why couldn't she just go herself and stop bothering Luhan. For Christ sake the man is busy with his best friend. Bros before hoes, has she not heard of the saying? "God, she is so annoying. ." He cursed under his breath. Never has he ever feel such loathe towards someone before. And was it really necessary for her to put 'Love you' and the atrocious emoticon at the end? Oh god! How more cheesy and corny can this girl get?!
 
"Sehun, come on! Scared you'll lose? I know it was just luck, man! You're not that good!" Luhan teased from the field.
 
Sehun broke away from his train of rants and swiftly put the phone down. "Hah! You wish! By the time I'm done, you're be crying your way home to your girl...friend." He choked as his voice died out before finishing. Saying that word was still very foreign to him, even if it has been merely three months.

Oh gosh! I am so sorry for the super duper oober wen-da-hail-ish-she'z-gon-ebar update! (That's didn't make sense Shannon....)I just did not know how to start this chapter! I really didn't! Like I had the ideas and the whole story planned out, but the beginning was such a sdfjgaldaflgads for me! Anyway, I hope you guys liked it. Sorry if it and was rushed. Anyway, thank you for all the subscribers! Wah! 58 subbies and 5 upvotes?! I didn't even had a chapter up yet! I love you guys so much! I really do! I wish I can just hug you all and asdagldkhsl I love you guys so much -insert Chen's ic voice- I can't exprain whut I freel!