First Impressions

He's My Princess

Having another man kiss my hand was a bit unsettiling and odd. Expessialy when my mind wandered to how soft his  lips were. With a deep, silent breath I pushed those thoughts away. I couldn't get too swept up in this. He was still the Prince and I still a peasent. A kniving one at that. Before fear could rise up again I focused on the young man before me. He cetainly was handsome. He even had that royal air about him yet he seemed gentle, humble.

Again I had to snap my attention back to him as he addressed me, asking for my name. I paused for only the breifest second. Sure 'Ren' wasn't exactly masculine but I felt that it needed some sort of extra charm, an extra hint a feminimity.

"Rena" I smiled softly. Ok, so it wasn't really much of a change but it was enough. He repeated my name and then asured my father that he would take care of me. I knew that father didn't plan to stay for long, he had work in the fields to be done and besides, he wasn't really into such social gatherings.

As the Prince took my arm in his and began to me away I cast one last strained hopeful look towards my father. He nodded and smiled back before turning around toward the exit. I faced front again and took a shy glance up at the man beside me. He must have seen the slight turn of my head as he looked at me with the brightest grin I have ever seen.

"Is this your first dance Rena?" he smiled. Great, small talk.

"It is... unless you count the occasianal small festivities that the villagers host." although at those I was the male dancing with the girls and leading them about.

"I see. Well I hope you enjoy your night." he smiled.

"I'm sure i will." I nodded. I ment what I said to. Baekho seemed nice and I felt safe and cared for as I walked beside him.

We made it across the large ballroom rather fast. Though it seemed to drag on as I felt the other guest's stares on me. I could hear some of their whispers.

'Is she from some far away country? I've never seen her before.'

'What's the Prince doing with such a drab girl?'

'She's so young...look at her youth! I envy her.'

The last one made me smile. And inwardly I was laughing. Some of the most beautiful and richest people in the world were envious of a crossdressing male.

Before I could think more on the irony I realized that Baekho had stopped and we now stood before four thrones set up on a platform that overlooked the dance floor. The two in the middle were bigger than the two on either side of them but they were all impressive, sparkiling with freshly polished jewles on the top. One of the smaller thones was empty and I presumed it was Baekho's. The other lesser chair on the right was occupied by the bloodline prince, a face I had seen only a handful of times before. When my gaze fell apon him he smiled and I quickly glanced away. His age over Baekho showed yet he still glowed with youth. He too had a very royal air about him and his smile was lesser than Baekho's but still heart-capturing.

The king and queen of course sat in the middle chairs. Both of them were too magnificent to describe. Prince Aron definatly took after his father whom had a sharp jaw line and his body was thick. He oozed supirority and although he was smiling now, I could see in his experianced gaze how fightening it would be to get on his bad side. The queen seemed a bit softer, of course i suppose that comes with being a woman, and she tilted her head a bit as she smiled at me. He long black hair was laced into an elegant braid that was lightly adorned with small jewles.

"My, my, you are even more beautiful than Baekho had said." She smiled as she stood and aproched us. Imediatly I curtsied and tried hard not to meet her gaze straight on, scared she would see the truth in my eyes. "Im Baekho's mother though I'm sure you knew that." She laughed softly. "I'm very excited to meet you and I hope we can meet again." She glanced at Baekho and out of the corner of my eye I saw his cheeks redden a bit.

"If Baekho doesn't keep her I will." Aron teased, chuckiling as Baekho drew himself to full height as if ready to defend me. The queen chided her older son with a gentle smile then wished us a good time. I was amazed. For a royal faimly they seemed too...normal. Ordinary.

But again I couldn't dwell too long on my thoughts for Baekho had already gently began to tug me away. Quickly I curtsied then let the other take me out on to the dance floor.

Great. Dancing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! I finaly finished this chapter! It's been half written for like, a month. So sorry guys! Next chapter will introduce MinRon!

And no more chapter posters (Though they wern't that amazing lol) cuz my Picasso failed. Blehzz