The Ball (Part One)

He's My Princess

Okay, so this chapter goes back to the very beginning of the first chapter, where Baekho is proclaiming it's the night of the ball. Hope this doesn't confuse you guys. Let me know if it does. And sorry for the late updates. So much homework!!! And so much laziness.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pacing of the main hallway stilled as my personal guard approached.

"Any word?" The whole castle knew I was eager to meet this civilian, why try and hide it?

The uniformed man bowed before speaking. "No Prince Baehko, not as of yet. My men are keeping attendance at the gate. You will be the first to know when she arrives."

"And I the second right?" my mother teased coming up from behind me. I turned around and smiled as my guard bent his body low toward the ground to his queen, taking a moment to admire the eloquent and expensive silk ball gown she wore. It was gold and turquoise weaved with shimmering thread brought from overseas.

She seemed to be just as, if not a hint more, excited about the revealing of this mystery girl as I was. "Of course mother. I want you to be one of the first of my family she meets." I laughed. I turned to dismiss my guard then faced my mother again as she began to preen me.

"Baekho honey, arn't you the least bit nervous?" She murmured gingerly as she fixed my stiff suit.

"Well of course. I'm scarred she won't even like me." I sighed. "And I'm scarred that she won't meet my expectations. What if she's a troll!" I sighed dramatically making my mother chuckle.

"By the way you describe her she'd be a very pretty troll at least." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes and leaned forward to kiss her cheek. "Thank you for your support mother."

"Anything for my baby boy." She smiled. "I'd support you and Aron against anyone and everyone." She hummed before turning to head toward the entrance of the ballroom. "Speaking of your brother, have you seen him tonight?"

"Only once in passing. He's probably inside with father. Don't fret." I assured following after her.

"Oh I hope so. He needs a wife. This is his last chance for him to freely choose. I don't like arranged marriages but it's near to that." She sighed. She paused before the huge maple wood doors and held up her delicate hand for me to grasp to her in.

"All will be fine mother. Like you said, Love finds a way." I quoted making her smile. The heavy doors swung open and we were greeted by music and a few early guests. My father sat at his raised chair as my brother stood on the floor conversing with princes and princesses of every kingdom. With a deep breath I led my mother in.

Please let her be here tonight. Please God of Fate and Love.

Please let me meet my Angel. My hopefully soon to be princess.