The Ball (Part Two)

He's My Princess

I couldn't believe this was happening. Tonight was the long awaited night of the royal family’s ball. I knew I wasn’t the only nervous and worried person though; this whole thing had every chance to go horribly wrong. But my mother’s constant preening forced me not to focus on the possible horrible outcomes.

For the past three hours she had been at work on me. Slowly but surely she was turning me into a woman. She borrowed powders and creams from her richer friends and had sewn me a stunning ball gown: light pink and cream colored with elaborate stiches. The top layer of the fluff at the bottom was styled and cut short to show the second, same colored layer. The trim was a cream color that blended it well. We had no hoop skirt to accompany it which I was glad, the thing was fluffy enough.

Honestly though it was beautiful.

But I thought I looked weird in it.

My mother had curled the ends of my blonde hair then brushed them out to give it a sort of a wave. Hanging down it didn’t look that long so she put most of it up in an elegant bun, leaving some fringe to hang cutely by the sides of my face and of course by newly trimmed bangs layed flat against my forehead. My cheeks had a soft color of pink blush on them and my lips were painted with a faded pinkish color as well making them look fuller than usual.

Once my hair and make up was done I was allowed to slip on the dress. When I turned toward the mirror I gasped.

If I didn’t know how mirrors worked I would think I was peaking through a window to a princess. I had never realized how smooth my jaw line really was, how full my cheeks were, how dainty my frame was. I looked like what I had always pictured a younger sister to look like. I was honestly beautiful, and that was a hard fact to admit.

But even with my face all dolled up and my hair curled and my body adorned in a breath-taking ball gown I still knew I was a man. Doubt began to bubble up, twisting knots in my stomach till I felt as if I had to gasp for breath just to live another second.

“This won’t work. He’ll know.” I breathed out, turning my back on the girl in the mirror to face my mother. “He’ll see through this and we’ll be hung!”

“Ren. Stop doubting this. You’re beautiful. He’ll be none the wiser. Now hold still so I can fix your bust.” She reached to straighten my false bust:  pouches of water fixed in one of my mothers braziers. It brought out my chest enough to be decent, not tawdry and obvious.

I pushed her hands gently away. “The Prince will know. We can’t do this!”

“If he didn’t figure out you were a male before he certainly won’t now.” She laughed. This brought a small smile to my painted lips. It was true, if the Prince found me attractive when I was dirty and in work clothes then this shouldn’t change his mind on my gender. Not at all.

“I'm sorry… I guess I’m just nervous. I’m scared I’ll make a mistake in being a proper lady. What if I make a fool of myself while eating or dancing?”

“But Ren, we’ve practiced. You’ll do great. Remember, this is for your family Ren. And you have the excuse of being a peasant. You just have to try Ren. Have fun tonight.”  She smiled and kissed my cheek.

With a deep breath I nodded and faced myself in the mirror one final time. I could do this. I just had to have fun. With a few smoothing to my dress as I calmed down my pulse, I was ready.

Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Baekhos P.O.V.]

 

"My Prince, She has arrived."

Time seemed to stop along with my heart. She was here. She was finally here?! My princess! I stood quickly from my chair but my brother Aron, The royal heir, grabbed my wrist.

"Baekho, please be careful about this." His gaze was firm but held worry.

"About what?"

"About this girl. I don't want you to get all excited then find out she's not what you thought."

I smile and nodded. "I'll keep an open mind. I'll even bring her to you to get her approval. After I bring her to mother." I laughed. He smiled and released his hold so I could hurry off.

I tried not to get excited, I really did. But when I saw her my breath caught and I knew I was grinning like an idiot.

She was stunning, beautiful, too perfect for words. The dirt was gone and her skin shown like porclin. Her face was highlighted with modest make up and her dress simple yet elegant. Her aperance was far from gaudy, her simplicity making her stand out in the large crowd of exotic people. Her eyes held innocence and unsureness and it was making my heart flip. How could some one be so perfect?

Unable to quell my curiosity any further I crossed over to her, assuming the man behind her to be her father. As soon as they saw me the man bowed and she curtsied properly. When they righted themselves I bowed down to them in return, supprising them I'm sure. Before I could stop myself I gently grasped her hand and brought it to my lips, melting at how soft her skin was under my lips. When my gaze met hers once more she was blushing and I returned with a bright smile.

"My princess, I'm so excited you attended. I feared you wouldn't. Just being this close to you threatens to utter me speechless." I gave a light chuckle and let her retract her hand. "But before I lose my voice and my cuoruge, please, tell me your name?" I my lips in anticipation.

My angel smiled. "Rena."

Her voice wasn't as high as most girls yet so soothing and soft, tender and sweet. Perfect.

"Rena," I breathed tasting it on my tounge for the first time. It was so exotic and elegant. "Thank you for comming Rena. I, Price Baekho, will take good care of you."

With a bow to her father I took her hand in mine as we looped arms. I felt so accomplised having such a beautiful girl on my arm. I wanted to do all I could to impress her.

Smiling as she tightened her hold ever so slightly on my arm I began to lead her to my family. First things first.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TA-DAH!!!! Yay! I have returned! And they have met! But will Ren(a) get The Royal familys aproval?

NOTE: This will soon read chapter four as I will later erase the notice chapter.

Comment and critizize!

I love you all!!

I should give ya'll a fan name lol. XD

Something cuter than the common "subbies"