Taeil's Childhood

Taeil's Secret

"Let me guess, your parents don't know you're gay either," I sighed. Taeil's parents, and Jihoon, thankfully, had already left after our awkward dinner.

"How did you know?" Taeil sarcastically stated. It wasn't funny. It was getting tiring loving, then hiding in the course of 10 seconds.

"You've got to understand," he continued. "They're not very open-minded."

-Years ago...-

"Mommy, that boy is very handsome," Taeil confessed. He had made a new friend at school.

"What do you mean, handsome?" His mother asked. Mr. Lee was running late.

"He's very nice to look at."

"Uhm...don't tell your father this, okay?"

"Why?"

"He'll get mad. And stop playing with him too."

"What? Why?"

"Men are supposed to be with women, dear. It's always been that way."

-Present-

"Ever since then, I never told my parents of what was going on in my head," Taeil confessed. "Or of any of my boyfriends."

I couldn't say a word. And a Mr. Lee seemed like the kind of man that would disown poor Taeil if he ever found out about us.

He kissed me as I was deep in my thoughts.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I love you," he answered. "Stay with me tonight."

"Okay."

The day after, I woke up in his arms. He kissed me with his morning breath, which I had grown to tolerate.

He said he loved me again, and said he would tell his parents and Block B about our relationship.

"Wait, why?" I asked, dreading the consequences of confessing.

"Because no matter what, I'll still have you."

"But, seriously, don't you think they'll..."

He kissed me again, quelling all the fear in me.