Chapter 11: A Sidewalk Serenade

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

I made very sure to keep at least five metres in front of him just so we could look like complete strangers and also to prevent myself from being sickened by his presence. I would never, ever be able to erase those images of him cuddling next to me from my mind.

 

“Hee-hee,” he whined, earning a few weird looks from other pedestrians. “Slow down.”

 

“Don’t call me that,” I hissed, walking even faster. Some old women who happened to be passing giggled at his antics as if we were a couple.

 

“Hee-hee,” he whined again, this time adding aegyo to his voice as I increased my pace. “I didn’t mean it; she was just my good friend.”

 

I turned to see him clasping his hands to his chest, the most heart-melting pout painted onto his gorgeous lips. I gritted my teeth in annoyance, what was he up to now? I walked over, poked his ribs sharply and grabbed his wrist, dragging him behind me. A little crowd was starting to gather and I could feel heat rushing to my cheeks.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I hissed.

 

“Please don’t leave me, Hee-hee,” he cried, faking a sniffle. I could only stare at him, mouth agape at his complete shamelessness.

 

“We were never a couple, Mr Wu,” I replied dryly. “Now could we just get to school?”

 

The crowd was starting to grow larger and more and more people started whispering and pointing. I smiled at them awkwardly. Kris got down on his knees and looked at me with a pleading expression. “Please… I love you so much. Never let me go.”

 

My dense brain finally understood what he was trying to do. The nerve of that -

 

“KRIS WU I SWEAR WHEN WE GET BACK HOME YOU’RE IN FOR IT!” I roared, stamping my foot.

 

“Son,” an old grandfather said as he shook his head gravely. “You don’t deserve her; she obviously doesn’t cherish your feelings.”

 

A few of the crows murmured in agreement as I felt my blood boil. “I’m sorry, ahjussi, but we were never a couple in the first place. He’s just bullying me.”

 

A middle-aged woman stepped up and wagged her finger in my face. “Don’t lie. You’re just playing hard to get, with him being such a good looker.”

 

The crowd snickered and for the first time in my life, I was ready to join the CIA intelligence force so I could learn how to kill that with a stick of spaghetti. I groaned and shoved my hand in front of Kris’s face who was still kneeling pathetically in the snow.

 

“Whatever, I forgive you,” I hissed. “My love.” I added bitterly, wanting to punch that sickening look off his face.

 

The crowd cheered and made cooing sounds at our “young love”. Kris grinned widely, got off the ground and yanked me into his embrace.

 

“Now we’re even,” he whispered in my ear. “For the noodles.”

 

“Firstly,” I grumbled, my voice muffled by his giant chest. “I didn’t know who you were then and even if I did, I got there first. Which means that it only makes sense that I get the food.”

 

“But you murdered my precious skin cells by kicking my shin. You also decreased my chances of becoming a star basketball player,” he pointed out, still faking a passionate embrace. “I prize the elasticity and suppleness of my wonderful skin as well my wonderful athletic skills.”

 

Lord, this immature prick….

 

“Millions of skin cells die every day, Kris,” I pointed out dryly. “That’s why you have a facial exfoliator in your bathroom.”

 

“I do not!” he yelled, releasing me. “I’m not that feminine!”

 

“Well your mother was certainly happy to show it off at that dinner, yesterday. In fact, she said you’re obsessed with it,” I retorted, indulging in his outraged expression.

 

Kris was rendered speechless.

 

“Don’t mess with me, bro,” I scoffed, smirking on the inside in satisfaction. “Now let’s get to school.” 

 

A/N:

I couldn't resist okay? He looks yummy in his glasses. Unfortunately I do not look so good in mine. 

=="