Chapter 21: Back to Normal

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

But nevertheless, we were still stuck inside a haunted house. He grabbed my hands and wrapped them gently around his waist so that I wouldn’t have to see what was going on in front of me. I was so grateful that he wasn’t teasing me and instead, looking out for me. “Let’s get you out of here okay?”

 

The rest of the journey was filled with his delighted laughter and my shrieks of terror. We entered a tunnel of dolls, the creepy creatures boring their gazes into our backs as Kris cracked the lamest jokes just to make me laugh.

 

“Now that wasn’t so bad, was it?” he chuckled, poking my cheek playfully. I let go of his waist and shook my head fervently.

 

“For you,” I muttered, embarrassed by our behaviour inside the Haunted House. He led us into the pathway out of the house where the rest of our friends were waiting for us. Eunji seemed relieved to see that I hadn’t died inside.

 

“Um… you can let go of my hand now,” he mumbled, his cheeks flushing an adorable shade of pink.

 

“Oh,” I replied quickly. “Right.”

 

“How was it?” Chen asked. “Good? Bad? Scary?”

 

“It was a wonderful experience for the both of us,” Kris replied, grinning widely at me. And to think I had hoped he was a nice person…

 

“Let’s go on some other rides,” I muttered, a little dizzy with all the screaming and shrieking and crying I had done. “Come on, Eunji.”

 

 

 

The day at the amusement park had been ultimately fun despite my near-traumatising experience with Kris. After Kris had dropped everyone off at their respective houses, I was left alone with Kris in the car. An awkward silence filled the entire car as he navigated (this time more carefully) across Seoul’s roads.

 

“So you’re scared of ghosts, huh?” he teased, a small smile curling at his lips.

 

“Yeah,” I agreed stiffly shooting him a glare. “Go ahead, tease me.”

 

“I’m not that heinous,” he grumbled, blowing air into his cheeks. “You think too lowly of me.”

 

“Well…” I replied dryly. “You don’t really do anything to make me think otherwise.”

 

“Not even my intense, good looks?” he said, smirking as he tousled his bangs.

 

“Oh god,” I groaned. “Here we go again.”

 

“Not even my excellent skills in mathematics?” he tried again.

 

“I’m better than you at that,” I quipped, rolling my eyes.

 

He grinned cheekily and took both hands off the steering wheel. “What about now?”

 

That freaked me out. “OKAY OH MY LORD PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!”

 

“Hmmm,” he purred, putting one index finger on the wheel. “You evidently don’t agree with me, do you?”

 

I gritted my teeth and choked out the words. “You’re wonderful, smart, good-looking and smart.”

 

“And….?” He prompted.

 

“I love you,” I replied sarcastically. “So much.”

 

To my immense relief, he started driving properly again. But we were back to our normal bickering again. 

 

 

A/N:

And that, my dear friends is the end of the fluff for a while :D I'm such a tease,,,,,, /bricked/

To compensate, some Exo gifs: