a day in the life of kris wu

the young and the useless

 

I'm back guys, still not feeling okay, but I'm better than before. :) Thank you all for the patience. I was really touched by the comments. Also, thank you much for the new subscribers! Means a lot to me! <3 love you all xx


 

 

 

 

 

A normal life is a peaceful life. Nothing weird, nothing too loud, and definitely nothing too annoying. And while most would wish to have a life more out of the ordinary, Kris wishes everything but.

 

It’s a usual day for him when the first thing he hears in the ungodly hours of the morning is a screech or a loud “OMG NO WAY” from his lovely, and totally “softspoken” boyfriend. And then, he is greeted with a barge through the door and constant hits with a pillow.

 

“LUHAN AND I JUST HAD LIKE A TOTAL GOSSIP NIGHT” Tao says, still not letting go of the pillow, which harshly greets Kris’s beautiful face.

 

Mother of pearls, you always have a ing gossip night with ing Luhan.

 

“AND AND,” Tao continues, “YOU WILL NOT AND I REPEAT, NOT BELIEVE WHAT HE TOLD ME. ALSO, DAMMIT KRIS WHEN ARE YOU GETTING YOUR NEXT PAY CHECK?!”

 

Ah, yes. Because you, ing panda, are never satisfied with just one Gucci bag.

 

This is normal, for Kris, at least.

 

-

 

He loves Tao, he really does, as they have dated for a good five years and have been childhood friends. He loves the way Tao cares about him, and cooks for him, and is there for him. But, really, at times, all he ever could want is a day to himself. He never has one though because, then, that’d be considered a normal life. And no, Kris Wu could never live a normal life. No, not when he’s got his Gucci panda boyfriend and his crappy job as a graphics designer and his douchebag office friends.

 

 

“Morning, Kyungsoo.” Kris greets, as he passes by the office cubicle. And of course, it’s normal, that everyday, Kyungsoo greets him with owl-like eyes, with coffee in his hand, and a stuttering “G-good m-morning, s-sir.”

 

He overworks himself again.  Kris sighs,  “Kyungsoo, I may be your boss, but seriously, we’re friends too. You don’t have to be so formal. And quit overworking yourself, ayt?”

 

Before Kyungsoo could even process what had just happened, Kris leaves, and walks into his own office. It’s spacious, modern, and clean. Very chic. He thanks Tao for designing his office.

 

Panda really knows his interior designs. Kris rubs his chin, before sighing and sitting down on his incredibly comfortably spiny chair.

 

Because every office has to have that one awesome spiny chair.

 

He rests his chin on his hands, with his eyes closed as his chest slowly rises and falls. It’s the first time in a long time he’s had such silence and peace. And quite frankly, he likes it. Everything feels so peaceful and so calm and so not anno—

 

“Kris!” his door slams open, and Kris furrows his brows frustratingly.

 

“ it, Joonmyun could you please stop slamming my door open. I swear if it breaks, I’m taking it out of your paycheck.”

 

“Well, I just wanted to tell you that I’ve finished all the needed papers before the deadline.” He smiles proudly, arms crossed.

 

“Wipe that smug over your face,” Kris says, “You were supposed so finish them before the deadline anyways.”

 

“Jeez, what an .” Joonmyun mutters, as he exits the room.

 

“HEY, I HEARD THAT.” Kris yells as the door slams shut. He sighs, rubbing his temples. “Damnit, that lazy .” He mutters continuously incoherent words as he is met by a rubber arrow to his dear forehead.

 

 

 “Son of a ,” Kris curses, removing the rubber arrow which barely budged from his head.

 

“Hey, Kris.”

 

“So it was you who shot this blasted arrow, Minseok.”

 

“I was just testing it out.”

 

“It won’t come off though.”

 

“I put superglue on it.”

 

And Kris feels like he could just explode.

 

“Oh my goodness, why—“

 

“Anyway, I was thinking you’d lend your hyung a hand and maybe introduce me to a nice lad?” Minseok winks, sitting at Kris’s desk.

 

Kris could only imagine the possible scratches on his expensive glass desk.

 

“I’m your boss, Minseok.”

 

“I’m your hyung.”

 

“You’re only older by a few months.”

 

“Still your hyung.”

 

“Your argument is invalid.”

 

“Still your hyu—“

 

“, I’LL INTRODUCE YOU TO A FRIEND ALRIGHT? NOW SHUT UP.”

 

And Minseok smirks, “I like them young.”

 

And Kris feels like puking, “e.”

 

“Age is but a number, Kris.”

 

“And Jail is but a room.”

 

“I guess I won’t help you with that arrow the—“

 

“OKAY IM SORRY NOW DAMNIT HELP ME HERE”

 

“No thanks.” Minseok snickers, running out the room.

 

“Damn .”

 

 

It’s lunchtime now, and Kris is quite glad he’s gotten through at least half of the day.

He walks out of his office and into the pantry where everyone gathers. Slowly, he turns the knob and—

 

“KRIIIIS~” A voice shouts loudly, and he turns around immediately.

 

“Tao?” He asks, rather confused. “What’re you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to visit you on your lunch break! College finals finished early and I brought Luhan and Lay along too!” He says, ecstatically, as the said couple appears by the doorway, hand in hand, and headed towards them.

 

“So this is your work place!” Luhan gapes, “It’s really clean and pretty!”

 

“You should see his work place, I designed it!” Tao brags, as the two head towards Kris’s office, leaving him and Lay together.

 

“Sup.”

 

“Why.”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Really, Lay, really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“Well,” Kris sighs, “I’ll go head to lunch no—“

 

“Kris! Minseok is bullying Kyungsoo!” Joonmyun dramatically shouts as he runs out of the pantry, “You’re the boss! Do something about it!”

 

“You’re his boyfriend, you do something about it.” Kris says, shrugging Joonmyun’s arm, which frantically clutches Kris’s.

 

“But.. but.. bu—“

 

“Kris, Tao really did a good job with your off—“ Luhan says, before pausing abruptly.

 

Joonmyun stares wide-eyed and gasps, “WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!” He shakes Kris frantically. “YOU KNOW THIS EVIL MUSHROOM, KRIS?!”

 

And Luhan does the same, “I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. TAO YOUR BOYFRIEND IS FRIENDS WITH THE BOY WHO CALLED MY OVEN STUPID AND GAY.”

 

And it’s Tao’s turn to gasp. “I CANNOT BELIEVE IT KRIS. DON’T BETRAY MY BEST FRIEND LIKE THAT!”

 

And everything gets out of hand as the chaos slowly unfolds between the now three gaping and shouting idiots.

 

Kris is frozen, watching them, as Lay stands beside him.

 

“Kris, what’re we gonna d—“

 

“Don’t even bother.”

 

“But they could get hu—“

 

“Don’t. Even. Bother.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Half of the day’s over. And now for the other half. The other incredibly long half.

 

“Kris—“

 

“What, Lay?”

 

“Your other co-worker in the pantry is still picking on that other dude with the wide eyes.”

 

“Son of a .” 

 

 

 


I hope this would suffice for now. Thank you all for waiting, subscribing, and reading. Please do comment below! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my fic. <3