chapter 3

We are compatible like cream and sugar

Sulli pov~~

Why am I bothering myself with this guy? Just because he reminds me of someone form the past? I shook my head. I could feel Krystal staring at me with her icy gaze. I could tell she knew about me thinking about him. I'm not interested in him though. He just reminds me of someone. Krystal distrusted guys. Not that she hates them. She just dislikes some of them. And she makes snappish remarks at them who bother her.

Things like: "Don't bother me!" or "Ahhhh!" She slapped one in front of a teacher andher parents. (They were having a conference.)

~lunch~

"I hate chocolate pudding!" I whined. Krystal smirked. "You could just chuck it in the garbage." I shook my head. "I don't waste food. So I'm gonna eat this pudding whether I like it or not!" I peeled open the lid. Why couldn't it be giga pudding? I gulped the brown glop down. Keep it in. Keep it in. These people should've added more sugar in or something.

"She's gonna puke it out!" Krystal said. Some people gathered around. No I'm not, I wanted to say. But I still had it in my mouth. "Who's puking what out?" someone asked. "Who asked you? Go away." Krystal pushed the guy away. I swallowed it down. "No big deal." I shrugged though I winced at the horrible taste in my mouth. I hate school food.

"Move away, there's nothing to see here." I waved my arms at them then glared at Krystal for making the ruckus. "Why couldn't they serve proper desserts instead?" I shook my head. The new ice cream shop built, was way too expensive. Even I had a thing for eye-catching shops.

"It's hot outside. You wanna go to that ice-cream shop? I have ten dollars." Krystal smiled. "I do love ice-cream." She then stiffened. "What are you doing here?" she snapped at someone behind me. I looked around and saw the new kid, Taemin. He didn't seem bothered by Krystal's attitude. "You dropped your book." He held a textbook to me.

"Thanks." I took it from him and looked up. He seemed familiar. I faced away from him. "You going to that ice-cream shop, huh? I don't like that place. It's so pricy." Krystal glared at him. "One, who told you to sneak up on our conversation? Two, who told you to join our conversation? Find some company yourself!"

"Krystal-" I didn't like her harpy tone. It wasn't endearing at all. She dragged a random guy and shoved him into Taemin. "Minho, talk to him somewhere else." Minho looked at her suprisingly. I gave them both an apolegic glance. Mostly at Taemin. "Um-c'mon." Minho gently pushed him to a random table.

I saw Taemin staring at me, then smiled. Why was he smiling? He was just treated to Krystal's ugly side. I really want to talk to her privately about her problems. What are friends for?