chapter 1

We are compatible like cream and sugar

Sulli pov~~

It was pouring so hard today. I ran for shelter at a shop, careful not to slip. Many people were running by. My clothes were soaked already. I was wearing jeans and a pink blouse with no jacket on. So I hurried inside because the rain was freezing. I was in the indoor public pool place. I hurried over to where the jacussi is and warmed my hands in it. Only about 2-3 people were playing in the pool.

As soon as my hands were warm enough, I sat in the towel room, and waited till the rain stopped. I warmed my face and arms with my hands. I should have bought a jacket. Sigh. I was so bored. I suddenly remembered there was a room where people had a break from swimming. I could just read a book.

I asked someone for assistance and found the room. A bit to childish for me but what was I to do? I searched for a book. The most interesting one I found was The Wizard of Oz. I didn't enjoy the movie that much. As I went to find somewhere to sit down, another person reading a book caught my eye.

"Oh, hi," I greeted him shyly. He didn't answer back. Jerk. I regreted that thought as he looked up from his book (The BFG), "Hey, glad someone's here. I was getting bored. "Does that mean I don't have to read this book until the rain stops? I can just talk to you?" I asked, playfully. He laughed. "Reading is healthy for you."

I pouted. "We are talking right now, though. Let's continue." His eyebrows raised. Whenever someone says things like this, the other person doesn't know what to say. And neither does the person talking. "So why aren't you swimming?" What a stupid question.

"Um, it's cold outside. And I don't swim indoors. It's much more airy outside. Actually, I don't like swimming." Me neither. Too much trouble and after that, your body becomes all sticky. "Ahhhh. I'm done with my book. And I have nothing to talk about. You hungry for desert?" My heart flipped. "My parents will be worried though."

"Oh. But aren't your parents worried now?"

"Good point. I'll go, but only until the rain's stopped." He smiled. "No need. I know a secret passage to the ice-cream shop." Really" I never knew about that and I've lived here since I was born. I nodded and followed him to a door behing a bookcase. "How original," I snickered.

The humor in the air went down as I stared at the tunnel. It was like one of those car tunnels that go underwater, except there were no roads, and it was smaller. I didn't like these kind of places though. Is the ice-cream shop worth it?

"Um, I have to go, sorry. I promise you I'll go next time we meet." I ran through the doors leading outside. I didn't like tunnels, especially damp ones.