Chapter 1

Avatar: Legend Of Luna

So, it was a very beautiful day, with the sun shining brightly and the birds chirping cheerfully~ until-

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"My bad!!!" Explosions were heard at a backyard of a house. Under normal circumstances, the residents there would panic and run around trying to saves their lives like lost ants, but when it comes to the Avatar, it's a different story. They were used to it.

"Luna!! I said to focus your fire attacks at these three tin cans!" Chanyeol waved his hands around frantically, trying to wave off the black smoke. He coughed and covered his face to avoid inhaling it and went to the side of the yard towards his sister, who was dusting ashes off her shoulder.

"Seriously, Lun? Seriously?" He put both his hands on his hips, looking down at her, "At this rate, the whole yard's gonna get burnt!"

Luna pouted and put both her hands in the pockets of her jeans, "Sorry..." she mutteredn not meeting her brother's eyes. Aiming hasn't always been her best. Too be honest, it's her worst.

Chanyeol sighed and scratched his nape, observing his surroundings. He understands the burden his sister has to carry, being the Avatar and all. She hasn't even mastered firebending yet! Let alone earthbending, waterbending and airbending. 

"Let's continue this some other time. I'm famished" Both the siblings entered their house and went to the kitchen, settling down at the counter. Their mother came along, bringing two plates of burger and fries and placed each in front of them.

"The meat is fully cooked. Don't try and burn them using your bending" She squinted her eyes at Chanyeol, who gave a ccreepy cheeky smile. Luna grinned and digged in, savouring the fries. She then noticed a glass of water placed in between her and her brother. 

Chewing on her fries, she stared intensely at it, focusing all her energy to waterbend. Only ripples formed on the surface. She concentrated harder and sure enough, it worked.

In a bad way.

Chanyeol was now dripping wet with a damp hamburger in his hands. He closed his eyes, forced a smile, exhaled and turned to his sister, glaring at her, "Well, somone's having fun, isn't she?"

Luna smiled, and scooted a bit far from him, "I'm sorry~?". Chanyeol nodded and put his hamburger down before headlocking her fiercely.

"You think you're so great?? Well, feel the wrath of Derpyeol, you punk!!" He tightened his grip and drove her towards a couch before landing his on hers. Luna squimed from under him, trying to push him off "Yah oppa! Get off me!! Too heavy!"

Taeyeon placed a few plates into the cabinet while smiling at their antiques. Sure, they tend to fight a lot, but they'll always look out for each other and make up in a matter of seconds. Someone approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Taengoo saranghae~" Jungsoo pecked his wife's lips lovingly and she turned around, giving him a passionate kiss for which they shared for a few minutes.

*shutter*

Both turned around and saw Luna with a camera in her hands. The girl grinned, "That's the 218th picture going into my scrap book!

Suddenly the doorbell rung, indicating the arrival of a guest. Chanyeol leapt up from the couch and made a dash towards the door. When he opened it, he didn't really expect anything like it.

A young man was standing there with his hands on his knees, obviously tired from running too much, Chanyeol assumed. His hair was a mess and- oh god, is that a dead spider in his hair? Chanyeol unconsciously lifted his hand and slapped the guy's head, much to his shock.

"What the-"

"Spider" Chanyeol looked at him innocently. The guy huffed and peered over his shoulders, acting as if manners don't exist, "Is the Avatar here?".

That evokes a frown on Chanyeol's face. He nodded slightly, unsure on the guy's purposes, "Yeah...she's inside. Why?"

"This is an urgent matter" The guy's expression turned serious "I need to see the Avatar"

**********

"You say what now??"

Luna stared in disbelief at the guy before her, who introduced himself as Lee Taemin. He's from the neighbouring village and had delivered some really bad news. Turns out that his village was attacked by this creature of some sort which was looking for the Avatar. And no, not to give candy but it's in terms of the worst terms. To destroy...and stuff.

Jungsoo bit his lip as he observed Taemin, "So this thing will be coming for the avatar? As in, my daughter?!"

Taemin nodded, feeling slightly uncomfortable by everyone's gaze on him, "Yes. We need to get her out of here right now. That thing'll be coming soon. I was lucky i could escaped from it, but the other villagers...they didn't. Luna needs to master all four elements now"

"Now?" Luna gasped, "Are you kidding me? I can't even aim my fire attacks right! How can you expect me to master them all now??"

"Well..." Taemin scratched his nape, "I assumed you would be. What else would be doing other than to fulfill the Avatar's job?"

Taeyeon was being a quiet mouse all the tme, listening intently to their conversation. She emitted a sigh, and closed her eyes, "There is an option".

All eyes fell on her and Chanyeol frowned, "Mom...what?"

"This creature wants the Avatar and is coming straight here. Luna, you and Chanyeol need to get out of here as soon as possible. Wait, no... now! Your father and I will stay behind"

"Mom, no!!' Luna stood up, "I'm not leaving you guys! At least let's all go together!"

The atmosphere was tense as everyone was unsure of what decision to pick. It was all happening too fast. Too fast for a very important decision to be done.

"I'm afraid your mom's right" Taemin announced, "We need to get you away and travel.Find teachers to help you with your bendings. If your parents tag along, your scent will be stronger and it will be easier for the creature to find you".

"Shut up!!" Luna yelled at him, tears threatening to fall. She doesn't want to hear another nonsense of 'leave your parents behind' anymore. 

"Luna and Chanyeol, pack your stuff" Jungsoo ordered in his stern voice - the voice that he rarely used, "Your mother is right. Don't pack all, just take your important things".

"What? But dad-!" Chanyeol protested but was silenced by his father. Both siblings had no other choice but to obey. They ran upstairs and grabbed a duffel bag, filling it with their daily important needs. Clothes, toothbrush, phones, Ipads and others. It wasn't until they heard Taemin shouting downstairs that they came clambering down and ran outside to the car.

"Listen" Taeyeon took hold of her children hands who was already in the vehicle, "Whatever you do, do not call me or your father or simply anyone. The signal sent will be worst than sending up a flare. That thing will noticed you right away. Now..." She placed a kiss on each of their foreheads, "..remember that your father and i love you so much. Don't give up when a problem comes okay?"

"Mom..." Tears started to roll down Luna's cheeks and Chanyeol swallowed a lump in his throat. They couldn't bear to part. Why, only on that very morning they've all had some nice quality time together!

Taeyeon smiled sadly at Taemin, "Take care of them will you?"

"I will" Taemin replied, his hands gripping hard on the steering wheel, "I promise"

Taeyeon backed away from the car into Jungsoo's embrace. They watched as the car carrying their loved children drove away until it was out of sight. Finally, Tayeon burst out in tears. There's no knowing whether they'll meet again in the future.

Suddenly, a faint roar was heard and black smoke was seen rising up into the air. It was rather huge, and the couple immediately held each other's hands. Junsoo's free hand emitted into flames and he turned to Taeyeon,. pecking her lips.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Together, they braced themselves for the impact that is going to befall upon them with hopes that their beloved son and daughter could escape safely.

**********

Flames were everywhere. The whole house was burnt down to ashes and Jungsoo tried to stand up, blood trickling down his head. His whole body aches and there might be some broken bones here and there. But that wasn't his main concern. Taeyeon was lying in front of him, unconscious.

"Taeyeon-ah!" He cried, shaking her body, "Taeyeon-ah, wake up!"

"I'm asking you one last time" A man towers over them. Or rather floats over them, much to Jungsoo's astonishment, "Where is the Avatar?"

"She's not here!" Jungsoo answered truthfully, "I donm't know where she is"

He was confused. How can that guy firebend and airbend? Only the Avatar can bend all four elements. Normal people can only bend one element each or they can't bend at all!

"W-who are you? What do you want??" Jungsoo pulled Taeyeon closer to him. The guy smirked as human like figures emerged from the flames surrounding them.

"Your worst and last nightmare"