Extra Chapter

Vow

CHANYEOL’S POV

“You act like you’re going to lose everything.”

Those words of mine kept on flying in my mind while I was waiting for the cops with Baekhyun. Waiting for the fact behind that terrible scene I have just seen at Kris’s home.

I said that to Kris a day before his birthday. I said that because he suddenly apologized to me.

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? What have you done?”

“Just… Ah, I’m sorry for everything.”

“Come on, Kris. What’s wrong?”

I really still remember his expression at that time. Like he had no hope to live any longer. He was pale, looked hopeless, unlike the usual Kris. And now I know that he really had no hope at all to live any longer. But the only thing that I regret is that I didn’t know anything about his heart disease, and why I didn’t try to find out at all. He was my best friend, but now I feel like I was the worst best friend ever.

 

That scene was the worst scene I have ever seen, I hoped that that was only a movie scene, but unfortunately that was real. In front of me. I still even remember the smell of the blood; it felt like it filled my whole lungs.

I had just arrived at Kris’s home to celebrate his birthday with Baekhyun and Rachel before I saw blood running from the kitchen. I panicked, I rushed to the kitchen and immediately fell on my knees when I saw that scene.

Not so long after I fell down, I heard Baekhyun’s voice. “Hello, I’m coming!”

His voice was full of delight, I knew that he had just reunited with Kris; it must be very great for him. At that time, I couldn’t imagine how Baekhyun’s reaction would be, I felt like want to stop him walking towards us. But I couldn’t even move my hand.

Then I heard him gasping.

“C-chanyeol… W-what is this…?”

His voice was hoarse, his eyes was blood-shot. He kept on staring at them. His whole body was shaking.

“Baekhyun… I… also don’t know.”

I turned to look at that terrible scene.

Kris and Rachel were hugging each other on the ground. That’s sweet. But would it still be sweet with blood surrounding them? And also on their clothes? No, that was horrible.

Baekhyun wasn’t really shocked just like I imagined, he just sighed heavily and walked towards them. Meanwhile I was still stuck on my position, still shocked and shaking.

He checked their veins, and then looked at me, “Chanyeol, help me, call 911, please.”

I nodded weakly and got my phone from my pocket, immediately called 911 for a help. Not to help them who were already gone, but for us.

 

BAEKHYUN’S POV

I couldn’t explain how I feel. I was just able to sigh. And checked their veins, if only there were still any hopes for them to live. But I got nothing, I smiled bitterly. They were already gone. I turned my head and asked Chanyeol to call 911. He moved weakly, it hurt me more. Seeing my already-died friends right in front of me, and also my shocked friend, was the worst thing I’ve ever had.

15 minutes after Chanyeol called 911, an ambulance and a police car came to the house. They brought Kris and Rachel in. Me and Chanyeol followed them and got in to the police car.

I remember Chanyeol sobbing all the way to the hospital, that stupid cops kept on asking him about what happened in the house because he told them that he was in the house earlier than me.

“Sir, can you please shut up? Don’t you see my friend is shocked? He couldn’t answer anything! Are you stupid or what?”

I yelled at them, and that stupid cops finally closed their mouth until we arrived at the hospital.

 

“Baekhyun, I feel so messed up today. I’m afraid I would do something bad in the party. I don’t want to ruin the party. What should I do?”

Those words of Kris from the text message he sent to me in the morning of his birthday kept on replaying in my ears.

He was afraid, afraid of what? He was messed up, because of what? He really did something bad, but why?

I didn’t know the answer until the cops came and invited us to come with them.

“The guy was the one who killed the girl.”

I couldn’t get it why he killed Rachel, my mind was immediately busy thinking about it. While Chanyeol who was still shocked, was shocked even more.

“Why he killed her?”

“He was in a high level of stress, he was losing his sanity because of too much stressed out. And, I heard that the guy suffered heart disease?”

Again, Chanyeol gasped in a great shock. He looked at me with a questioning look because I didn’t put any shocked expression when they told us about that heart disease that Kris had been suffering.

“He suffered heart disease??” Chanyeol asked me.

I nodded weakly, “Sorry for not telling you, Chanyeol. Kris didn’t want anyone knows about it. The only person who knew it was only me.”

“Even his parents didn’t know??”

“No…”

Chanyeol looked down, tried to understand what had been happening all this time. Thus, the cops continued explaining to us.

“We predict that he was under pressure because of his heart disease which was already in the worst stage. He couldn’t manage his mind and he murdered the girl with a reason that we don’t know, or without any reason. By the way, can we know what the relation between them is?”

“They are a couple… almost.”

“Almost?”

“Well, they hadn’t date. But before their death, he told me that he would confess his feelings to her.”

The cops nodded and wrote something on the paper.

“Is there any other things that we can know? Maybe things that could be a reason why he stressed out?”

I stopped to think, and I remember his parents who had just died before him.

“His parents had just died three days ago.”

They nodded again, and looked at us.

“Heart disease, parents died, was falling in love.”

“Why?”

“He was depressed. He thought he’s close with his death, but he’s in love with a girl. In the other hand, maybe he missed his parents so that made him thought that the death would make him meet them.”

I and Chanyeol kept on silent, thinking about the cop’s words. Yes, that was logical.

“And how he killed her? How he died?”

“He pierced her waist with a razor blade, she lost so much blood. About the guy, right after she died, he also died because of heart attack.”

So that was how our friends met their final part of life. We could only sighed for uncountable times, trying to hold our tears for the tragic story of them. And all of my questions had already answered.

---

Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were busy with their own thoughts, blink out of their tears and stop recalling. They look at the gravestones and close their eyes to pray for them.

“Chanyeol, are you done?” Baekhyun asks.

Chanyeol nods, trying to draw a smile on his face, “I’m done. Let’s go.”

“Wait.”

“What?”

“The flowers? You want to bring it home again?” Baekhyun points at the flowers that Chanyeol holds.

Chanyeol laughs, “Ah, right! How can I forget?” And then he puts the flower near the gravestone of Kris. Meanwhile Baekhyun’s flower is near Rachel’s.

“Okay, I’m done now.”

Baekhyun nods, “Okay, let’s go.”

As they leave the graveyard, Baekhyun says inside "Goodbye, hope you'll have a good afterlife there, guys. We'll always pray for you."

***

Nanananana fin!!

Hehehe sorry because I'm so late TT

I had so many tests huhuhu

I love you guys! *kiss*