Chapter 1

Don't Say Goodbye...

Chapter 1 ;;


 

 

I woke up and as soon as I opened my eyes, I was greeted with raven, big, beautiful eyes, staring right straight at me like asking for something―something like a kiss? As his eyes pleaded, I gave him. I kissed him on his pouty lips and these lips immediately pulled up to form a smile.

 

It felt so perfect having someone you love beside you every morning you wake up. Not everyone has a life like mine; that despite all the hardships and trials came, there’s still the reason why I have to smile wide and look forward to another day. Let us not count those times when I just want to stop the time, the rotation of the world and revolving of it around its axis. Those are the times when he is in my arms and just enveloped in my sweet embrace.

 

I looked at him once again and he stirred, trying to get away from my embrace and I frowned. What’s wrong? As if reading the question in my mind, he smiled genuinely and caressed my cheek.

 

“I’m just going to cook breakfast, I’m not going anywhere.”

 

So that’s why. These past few days, I’m always asking him to stay by my side. I don’t know why. There’s just a feeling inside me that wants me to be by his side―always.

 

“Don’t be paranoid again. We’ll go out later, okay?”

 

I nodded for I know he knows what’s best for me. For a moment, I thought of us. I’m supposed to be the superior, the protector, the man in our relationship but it seems like his motherly and wifely instincts are covering me, preventing me from covering him. Why? It should be me but for now, I won’t care. I need his care.

 

I saw him moving out of our room and soon, I heard the faint clashing of pots. I’m sure it came from the kitchen and I’m sure he’s already starting his magic in there.

 

For the moment I was laying on bed, I am thinking of us, again; us for the past five years. What has really happened to us over these years?

 

I remember rescuing him from the deathly grasp of his family… his family who had been his great enemy although he doesn’t show it. In his insides, he want to rebel―to hurt them the way they hurt him, at the least. But he can’t. Blame his pure heart who can’t even stand killing a dirty fly.

 

Before I knew his family problems, we met at a park. He helped me tame my puppy when it kept on barking. With his natural friendliness, he made it shut and cuddle with him instead of me. He smiled at me then, but there’s a glint of sadness in his eyes. Despite the brightness of his teeth when he smiled, I knew he’s hurting. His eyes tell it so. Since then, I followed him―secretly.

 

And on that fateful day, before he finally took off the chain that was connecting him to his parents, I saw him being beaten up by his father and his mother is just watching with a cigarette between her lips. The sight is disturbing… and I felt as though the pain of all the people in the whole world sank on me. It’s just too painful and I can’t bear seeing the sight anymore.

 

I stepped between them and yanked him away before his father could even land another punch on him. I pushed his father and kicked him away. I knew that is a bad move but that is also a proof that I can protect…

 

You, mothering , who are you to step in our business?

 

That was what his father said. I told him who I am, not my name, but who I am to Jaejoong. I said I am his lover and despite Jaejoong’s gasp and the fact that we just met once, I stood by my words. His parents threw him at me, saying I could own him and that I should never bring him back to them. I can feel my blood boiling at that time, and for the last time before I drag Jaejoong away, I sent a punch to his father that made him fly a couple of steps backward.

 

, you don’t dare!

 

Enough, honey, at least he’s taking that bastard of a son away from us.

 

I cringed at the memory and before I even knew it, Jaejoong is back in our room, rubbing circles in my back and whispering calming words.

 

“What happened, Yun?”

 

“I just remembered your family.” He chuckled.

 

“Isn’t it supposed to be me who should be bitter about that memory and not you?” He asked. But I can’t help it. It’s him they are hurting and I don’t want anyone hurting my Boo. I can’t even hurt him and yet someone’s going to hurt him? Ho. That’s a no.

 

“But Jae―”

 

“No ‘buts’. Let’s eat now, Yun. Then we’ll go somewhere, outside.” I let him drag me to the kitchen and by the smell of the foods… I can already say my life is perfect.

 

 

 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

 

First chapter! ♥