Back in class

Miss Delusional and Mr Kim

Chapter seven- Back in class

Not going to lie, but instead of calling this place school, I now recognise it as one huge hell hole ever since the GKJ's multiple attempts to socialise with me who's at the bottom of the social heirachy whereas he's at the very top. Mr Kim also took my ity and I hate how monday period one starts off with that particular subject. 

Science. 

Or biology, to be more specific on what science we're actually doing. I sit at the desk and patiently wait for Mr Kim, after what seems to be five minutes he arrives in a dashing black blazer with a light warm coloured dress shirt underneath. He's not wearing a tie today, and he's removed all his piercings... maybe he was told off by the principal, but today he looks extra casual but more neat and gorgeous. 

I can see every female student checking him out, and unfortunately I'm one of them. 

I don't know what to call the two of us anymore... if he took my ity, it must mean that I'm special to him. His voice silences the classroom, "We don't have long, in around twenty minutes all third year high school students will be ushered to the hall for a special announcement. This is a head's up but I'll be leading us there okay?" The class nods as Mr Kim or Jaejoong or whatever his real name is connects his laptop to a plug, the white board projecting a powerpoint of today's lesson. 

"Interested in learning about DNA?" He asks the class but they all remain silent. Mr Kim doesn't seem to notice and starts explaining the basics of DNA as well as the monomers it's made up of. 

"We all contain DNA, and it's extremely important for the many functions of our body. Not only that, chromosomes contain DNA which also determines the genotype and phenotypes of different people. So in other words, we all look unique in a way based on what our parent's passed on to us. Do not ever blame your parents if you find yourself not the best looking because they have no control over which genes you'll inherit... and no one looks perfect anyway." Mr Kim continues to blabber. 

Wrong. 

He looks perfect. 

"Damn... how was he able to inherit that face of an angel, those godly features?" I hear two girls whisper behind me. They giggle a bit and start having a little conversation extemely quietly that honestly I have to really focus to hear even if they're rather close to me. The whole class waits for Mr Kim to continue talking but we all know he's got his eyes glued to the two girls, his dark eyes make that stare so intimidating. I wonder about his hearing, does he have super human hearing or something? Or does he clean out his ear wax on a daily basis? 

Another girl next to them nudges them and they look up to see the intimidating teacher. They bow their heads low, "Extremely sorry Mr Kim." They both say in unison. He closes his eyes and slowly opens them again before turning back to the whiteboard. I watch him fiddle with the marker before checking the time, "Class, follow me. Oh and those two girls, see me during recess in the science/math office after your second period." He says before getting up his chair and signalling the class to follow him. He's actually so demonic... oh crap, that reminds me... I forgot to go to that after school detention last week after I sneezed and- 

I hope he forgets. 

*

We plant our glorious butts on the soft seats in the school hall. I wonder how much money the school spends on facilities... the whole place is basically screaming out, "I'm an expensive looking theatre but I'm actually just a school hall." Dim lights illuminate the area, I am seated at the edge and supervising teachers stand on the edge aisles, but to get straight to the point Mr Kim's right next to me.

I’m not too sure whether I’m sub-consciously getting to him as close as possible or he’s deliberately standing there to radiate an aura of hotness mixed with intimidation. My eyes move in his direction as I steal a quick glance before the principal clears his throat to begin his speech, what a great time to sleep considering I spent the night watching dramas and stalking celebrities on variety shows.

“And so, I wish the third years all the best in their final high school year, with the integrity to obtain great achievements.”

That’s the only thing I heard at least, the rest is possibly some unimportant motivational speech but it doesn’t seem so based on all the chatting I’m hearing around me. “Guess you were too busy sleeping and missed out on that announcement just then.” Lungs heavy with air from my world’s most intense gasp, I turn blue at the sight of the GKJ staring at me. Why does he keep bothering me, I would make a run but Mr Kim is beside me, I’m basically sandwiched by the people I want to avoid.

“Principal Lee talked about this early in the year, but if you cannot finalise your payment you can’t go.” I don’t even know what the junk he’s talking about.

“You don’t know what I’m talking about do you?” He asks. I shake my head but my vision is slightly blocked with a click of the fingers, “Basic respect is not talking when someone is presenting. You should know that by now.” A familiar voice says beside me, and I sure know who it exactly is.

“I-I’m very sorry Mr Kim.” I reluctantly say, five shades of pink across my cheeks. I’m not too sure whether I’m embarrassed shy or angry, but I know for sure the one talking was the GKJ.

I am definitely avoiding him.

The assembly finishes smoothly in time for recess, we get a twenty minute break and I assume all staff members eat divine foods for morning tea. I stare at my lame fruity nut bar I’ve eaten for the past decade, fair enough since they’re always on discount. Tearing the wrapper open, I begin to indulge on this basic snack bar, it used to taste decent but it has now degraded to dust. A slight buzz can be heard and I grab my phone out of my blazer pocket to see a text from my parents.

WE’RE BACK
Oh and by the way we’re having guests for dinner this evening so come home early.
I also bought some cool clothes and stuff to swag u up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<3 u, u better be home by 4:30, 5 max.

-Mum


Ka Eun!
I bought you a new wig, I think your current wig is out of fashion so please start wearing the one I bought! Be home by 5.

-Dad

Well it’s nice to know my parents are back, and it’s even better to know that my father thinks my hair is a wig. I hastily finish snacking on my fruity nut bar and edge my way towards the bin located around the corner. I shiver as a cool breeze makes its way towards me, carrying the wrapper out of my hands.

“Eurgh.” I mutter under my breath and pick up the wrapper. I toss it in the bin again, and miss.

Again.

Miss.

Again.

Miss.

Again.

Miss.

Without realising, someone looks rather entertained watching this scene of embarrassment. He clears his throat and snatches the wrapper out of my hand, tossing it perfectly into the trash can. “By the way Han Ka Eun, you still owe me that after school detention. Today it is.” Mr Kim says, about to walk away.

“Excuse me Mr Kim! I can’t today I-”

“Did you want to add an extra hour?” He asks, arching one of his perfectly shaped brows. He hates me, he hates me, I love him, I don’t love him, I like him, I don’t like him, I- am scared.

“No Mr Kim b-but y-you s-s-s-see I-”

“The only thing I see is the fact that you’re putting yourself in great danger, Han Ka Eun.” He says in a quieter but scarier than ever tone. Running out of any normal idea, I get down on my knees, forehead resting on my hands as my palms touch the floor. “I’ll stay after school another day for ten hours if you wish! I can’t today!” I can feel vibrations against my skin and more footsteps making its way towards our direction. Mr Kim’s breathing becomes heavier than normal and he hastily levels himself with me, helping me get up on my two feet.

“Are you an idiot? Don’t do that ever again.” He says in a low voice, only loud enough for me to hear. The muttering doesn’t stop but it disappears as soon as he gives the growing crowd a murderous glance. Omo, Mr Kim just touched me.

As if putting a finger on the burning ironer, I rebound from his touch. “I am sorry I was desperate!” I can see Mr Kim face palm himself, “Yeah alright fine, if you can’t today there’s always tomorrow. You’re excused.”

“Thank you Mr Kim!”

“Goodness… how am I going to deal with her?” I hear him say before officially leaving. My heart falls to the pit of my stomach and follows my digestive track.

I guess Mr Kim really doesn’t like me.

Welcome home eomma, appa!
I kind of feel like moving schools.
-Ka Eun