Him

Miss Delusional and Mr Kim

 ♥¿Chapter one- Him

You know, I have actually been looking at your cute little actions you do. I have been looking at many things in this past week. You seem to be so popular in your year level, have so many friends and so many girls look at you but you don’t even react to any of them. I may have been observing your little actions but there’s one thing that I have never seen in my life, and that thing is your smile.

What do you look like when you smile? Or maybe I just don’t look at you well enough. I… I think it’s normal looking at random people because it’s not even violating them in any way so it should be fine.

“Ew! Ka Eun is dazing off again and she keeps looking at me!” Tiffany yells out loud. I turn to face her and give her a confused stare. What’s wrong with dazing off like that? To prevent people from misunderstanding me, I lift my head upwards and stare at the ceiling.

That… that guy.

I actually need his name.

“Han Ka Eun, stop looking at the ceiling and focus on your work at once!” Our math teacher yells. I look back down and play with my long fringe, my hand scraping across my frames, rattling them simultaneously. There’s no need for me to do work, it’s not that difficult, math is easy, and how is it possible for people not to understand?

I fiddle with my pen and look back at my note book. Lines scribbled around blank pages, mini drawings of my own experiences, nothing to share with other people.

“Oi creepy girl!” I turn around to face the guy calling my name, my fringe hanging over my frames. They call me that, it’s my nickname, and I don’t even know why.

“What’s the answer to this question?” I just look at him, though it’s impossible for him to see my face. Do I speak? Should I speak… let alone someone is finally willing to talk to me.

“It-”

It’s x to the power of negative three over two y.

“It-” He looks at me slightly impatient, but I know he’s still expecting an answer.

“MY GOD DID SHE JUST SAY A WORD?” Some students yell out.

“I heard her say one word!”

“That word isn’t ‘yes’ either!”

“What has the world come to?”

“Yah creepy girl, you haven’t told me the answer yet, hurry up my god.”

“IT-”

I place my hands on top of my chest and grip onto my jumper really hard. I… I can’t do it! I know he’s still impatiently waiting but I really can’t do this. I’m not allowed to talk, Han Ka Eun’s voice is stupid just like how she seems.

“Fine whatever I will work it out myself.”

I let out a sigh and rest my chin on my hands, and my elbows on the table. Apparently today is the last day for the third year high school students. They’ve finished all their examinations, already accepted in college. I’m sure he’s in his last year too.

“MWO?!” I accidentally scream out loud.

“Woah, she… she talked!”

“AS IF!”

“MY GOODNESS!”

“Silence!” Our teacher yells, as I clasp my hands onto my mouth, “Ka Eun, you have just disrupted me while I was teaching a new math method with your stupid outburst. Go and stand outside until I call you back in.”

I nod and rush outside with my head down. I stare at the lockers lined up neatly and begin counting the number of different locks there are. There’s a white one, a black one and even one of those normal pad locks. Maybe there’s more different coloured ones if I take a longer look at these lockers, in fact there’s pink ones to-

Oh my cupcakes.

It’s him! It’s him! It really is him! I stare at him with my fringy hair, eyes widening. He swiftly walks passed me, not noticing me at all. Involuntarily I chase after him, or follow him at least. It feels as though my feet are carrying me on, as if I have no control of it.

I don’t even know why I’m so interested in him.

He’s good with his studies and he seems so gentle. He’s really gorgeous but why doesn’t he smile? I sound so shallow but for some reason I feel that there’s a lot more to him than his physical appearance… it’s just that odd feeling.

Should I speak up and ask for his name?

Should I?

No I can’t, because that will be strange. He might run away upon hearing my voice. I continue to follow him, I want to at least hear his friends call him by his name just so I know what it is. I wonder what type of name he’ll have. Will it match him? Will it be as gorgeous as his face suggests?

Ahead of me, I begin to see a growing crowd. A growing crowd of seniors. I think they just all came out from the graduation ceremony, and they’re about to leave. Which means… he’s going to leave too…

No! He isn’t allowed to leave! He isn’t allowed to leave without noticing me, becoming my friend, and I need his name!

Why aren’t his friends calling him by his name? I can’t hear a thing?

I awkwardly stand there watching them hug each other, bidding farewells and wishing each other good luck. I just can’t keep my eyes off him, I just stare, and stare, gazing at his amazing features. He gives one of his friends a hug, saying good bye.

Just then.

Just now, it feels as though I’m seeing something I have been waiting to see all day, all weeks. In fact it feels as though I have been waiting to see it all my life, in which I really haven’t.

It’s just so beautiful, I don’t know how to feel, I don’t know how to react. Especially when he’s staring at me, he’s staring at me and smiling. His teeth are slightly crooked yet straight on the bottom but for some reason he still looks perfect. His friends turn to face him and burst out in laughter, while facing my direction.

I think it’s because of me.

They’re probably laughing at me.

Does he think I’m weird too?

I hope he doesn’t, but he probably does. To think of it… I stalked him all the way here. Feeling embarrassed, I flush a bit and run back towards my math classroom. As long as I can see him smiling, I guess it’s fine. Although I’d love to know his name too.

Damnit, I’m going to be in trouble.

*

Those memories from four years ago, I still remember. Those memories are sealed away on the back of my head, and I’ll never forget his face, though I have a vague suspicion that I may forget one day…

It’s been way too long.

The year has merely just started a few weeks ago, so I’ll be completing my final year in high school.

“Oi Ka Eun, I heard that you have a boyfriend.” Tiffany laughs, her fellow friends laughing with her. What’s so funny? What’s wrong with me having a boyfriend?

“What’s wrong?” I ask. I have changed a bit, he told me to speak more often and socialise with more people, but it doesn’t mean that I enjoy talking all the time.

“What’s his name?”

“I’m not going to tell you.” I reply, the only reason is because I don’t know his name either. Of course I’d want to know though.

“Hah, ‘cause he doesn’t exist right? Did you make it up? I mean who would like you? No one can even see your face properly, and you barely talk either.”

“My life has nothing to do with you.” I simply walk away, ignoring Tiffany. I don’t care how popular she is, I have something she doesn’t even have.

I have a tall, amazing, studious and beautiful boyfriend.

Hehe.

I dawdle off to my locker, hoping to quickly get my books and be on time for my next class, which is science. I’m planning to take it as a course, it’ll be good for my future, and unfortunately I’m not that great at it. My grades are dropping, I spend too much time on him, only him but at least it’s worth it right? I shut my locker tight and secure it with the lock, turning the direction to reach the next class. As I walk I hear a pile of girls gossiping about cute boys, like they usually do. They’re always talking about Kim Myungsoo since he’s one of the most popular guys in the school, sometimes it’s about Woohyun. I don’t pay attention to them, though they are in the same year level as me and the same age I still prefer older guys.

Except today they don’t seem to be talking about either Kim Myungsoo nor Nam Woohyun nor Lee Sungyeol nor anyone in that group. Today they’re talking about…

What?

A teacher?

There are no hot teachers in this school, seriously. I mean, I don’t know much about having good tastes in males but the teachers here just look like typical or even middle aged. Some look decent but I wouldn’t be going spastic over them, not at all. I’m just going to keep all these thoughts to myself.

“THE TRAINING TEACHER IS SO HOT!” A girl screams, pushing right passed me.

That hurt.

Who is the teacher?

 

>< and yeah, her character is a bit creepy. FIRST CHAPTER FOR YOU DONE! 8/11/2012. Thanks to all those subscribers on foreword (。◕‿◕。)