First class

Miss Delusional and Mr Kim

$ÀChapter two- First class

Yeah I don’t really care about teachers, they are all raging middle-aged men and those girls are probably just weird. Science class next, and I heard that we’ll be having a substitute teacher since Mr. Gong went on long service leave. 

We’ll probably be getting Mr. Kang or something, he’s always the emergency teacher.

I seat myself on the desk, just like every other student, patiently waiting for the teacher to arrive. I hope we get a good teacher, teaching last year high school students can be tough and if they don’t understand anything then they’ll fail the subject. 

I rest my head on the table, considering whether or not I should fall asleep. 

“Annyeonghaeseyo. I’m your teacher for the rest of the year, you can call me Mr. Kim, and please allow me to introduce myself.” I look up to see him. 
What is my boyfriend doing here in front of me? He told me that he'll be going off to college this morning in my mind. 

"I understand that Mr Gong's leave is really urgent but I have been offered to cover for all his classes as he is also a science and math teacher whereas I've been studying those two subjects in college and will be completing master or major degrees in either of those subjects. I actually thought of becoming a teacher or a professor because I really do enjoy working with students and teaching new things, particularly more mature students so I will be expecting you to show your mature respect to me for the rest of the year, yes?"

Oh my goodness he is more loveable than ever. A female student in the front row raises her hand up. 

"Yes?" Kim seonsaeng-nim says, acknowledging that she possibly has a question to ask him.

"So for the students here who are also in Gong seonsaeng-nim's math class, you'll be covering for that too?" 

"Neh, I will be indeed. That reminds me, Mr Gong was my teacher four years ago, back when I used to attend this school and I must admit he was my favourite teacher, he is really an amazing teacher so I'll do my best to ensure you all do really well even if my teaching methods are different. Is that okay?"
"Yes!" All the students say in unison. 

So his family name is Kim, how could I have not known! I wonder why he wanted to become a teacher, is it because of his love for me? It must be! I spend most of the time listening to his sweet voice, music in my ears but not exactly absorbing the information he's saying, I'm basically examining the features on his perfect face and the little hand gestures and other actions he does while explaining. 

"Just to make sure you guys understand what I just said, I'll be asking some questions." He looks at the class roll, his fingers tracing down the sheet of paper before stopping at a name. 

"Han Ka Eun, can you please explain briefly the different functions of the cells in each cycle I just mentioned?" 

Oh no! How sweet, out of all people he actually picked me! Well, of course he would pick me, he is my boyfriend... but unfortunately I don't remember what he said.

"Mianhae Kim seonsaeng-nim." I squeak. I keep my head down and roll my eyes upwards to get a glimpse of the students sneering at me and the teacher's perplexed expression. He then softens his gaze, "Do you not understand what I just explained Ka-Eun-ssi?" 
How do I tell him that it's not that I don't understand it, well maybe I don't but if I listened I would have understood it but the thing is I wasn't listening and too busy staring at him and thinking about how gorgeous he is...

"Um.. I-" 

At this point, the students in the class begin to chuckle and I feel really offended. 

"What is it Ka Eun-ssi? Do you have a question or is it okay for you to answer my question?" Mr Kim asks, still staring with a puzzled expression. I don't know why but it's like I'm being publicly humiliated and the cause is because the teacher asked me to answer a question.

I'm not used to answering questions in class, I mean I somtimes do talk to people with out feeling uncomfortable but right now everyone is staring and focusing their attention on me! BUT...I must because he asked me the question and I must answer it no mater how tough it is on me! I won't embarass myself in front of him!

"The cells-"

Everyone in the class seems to widen their eyes and turn their direction on me whilst I sit on the isolated table at the corner next to the window of the science lab. 
I come up with some random explanation that I made up on the spot after gathering all my previous knowledge in biology. The students look like their suppressing their laughter but Kim seonsaeng-nim just gives me a reassuring smile that just melts my heart like it did on the last day of school when I saw him do that.
"Looks like you have a broad knowledge but you're talking about a topic way off to the one I mentioned, you weren't listening?" 

"Mianhae." He gives a weak smile to me before turning to the whole class again and raises his voice. "Okay class, please the questions and exercises I set on the board and for those who haven't finished copying the notes on the board please do so." 

I stare at my empty table and realise my notebook is still on the side of the desk shut open, my pencils still inside my pencil case. I frantically get out my notebook and begin to scribble the notes and diagrams the teacher had drawn on the board. 

After I finish copying the notes, I stare at it intensely, attempting to self learn everything he had written but unfortunately I don't fully understand it. The class is in loud chatter as Kim seonsaeng-nim walks around the classroom to make sure students are working and assisting anyone in need.

The boyfriend I had in mind... the person I'm in love with doesn't make me feel so shy. I don't know why but I feel a little sad. I've been exchanging mind messages to him daily when I can't sleep or up in the morning when he greets me good morning. Why do we seem so distant and I'm so hesistant to ask him how the cycle really works. In defeat from my thoughts, I cross my arms on the table and lay my head against it. 

Closing my eyes in thoughts, I get disturbed by a whiteboard marker tapping on my desk. 

"Ka Eun, class is for learning not sleeping." Kim seonsaeng-nim sternly says. I open my eyes and look up, only to realise this is the closest I have come into contact with him. He looks more gorgeous than before...

"I'm really sorry seongsaeng-nim." He stares at me weirdly, probably at my hair cut since my face is so hidden. "If you're really having trouble I'm here for a reason. I may still be a part time college student, but I am legally a teacher working here. I am your teacher, and will be until the end of this term and next semester... the end of this school year, arasso?" 

He's acting more mature and teacher-like than I expected and it's suddenly so much more attractive but why am I still so afraid of him?

"I understand." I softly reply. He sighs and leans down next to me and takes my pencil. "I really did explain a lot on the board but since you don't understand I guess I am obliged to repeat myself though I really don't like to." 

"My apologies." I whisper. He begins to draw diagrams and labels it whilst teaching me the different steps that occur during the process of the cycle. 
"So basically the cells have achieved it. Do you understand?" I nod my head but I still feel intimidated by him, which is rather horrible and I'm meant to feel comfortable.

"Don't just look at him on the surface, he's gorgeous and all but he's actually a rather strict teacher." A girl in the class whispers.
"He's intimidating sometimes though." A boy in the class whispers.

No, they are all wrong. He's not even that strict, he isn't gorgeous, he's beautiful and friendly. Or am I contradicting myself since I did feel the tiniest, of his intimidation, wait not even tiny more like atom sized yeah that's like nothing. I rest my head on the table, feeling abnormally tired. Mr Gong knew it was my habit to do that and he didn't really mind because he knew my grades were one of the top ones in class and he knew that I prefered to study at home. 

"Han Ka Eun, I've had to tell you off twice for this." Kim seonsaeng-nim says as he walks over to my table for the second time. I guess with him, it's different. 
"I'm going to have to speak to you after class so you are obliged to sacrifice some of your lunch time with me." He coldly says before leaving. 
It's kind of scary... no it isn't, he's not scary. My boyfriend's not scary! I would love to spend some of my lunch with him!

"Show me the amount of work  you've done." I hesitantly hand over my note book. "Ka Eun, you've completed three questions during an one hour period. I really expected at least ten questions to be answered, minimum." 

"I-"
He sighs and stares at me, with a weaker and not as intimidating stare. I don't know why but I feel so upset. He's not meant to be like that, the person I speak to in my mind isn't like that.

"I do understand your quiet nature Ka Eun, I also apologise that you had to be the first person I picked on in class, but please do your work or I'll have to start informing your parents if this keeps up, okay?"

Tears begin to well up in my eyes, the Kim sunbae I knew three years ago with me till now wouldn't talk about my parents and talk to me like that, he knows that I'm distant with my parents.

"You're meant to tell me that you forgive me and it's okay and you aren't meant to mention my parents because the Kim sunbae I know would never say that!" I happen to talk back, probably the longest line I have said in my life. 

"What are you talking about?" He asks, puzzled. I wipe away my tears and run out the classroom. 

What the hell did I do? I have math class next, I was in Mr Gong's math class which means I'll have Kim seonsaeng-nim again. 

Ugh.

*
Jaejoong's P.O.V

"We get an hour lunch break anyway, so I'm glad I have enough time to eat with you at this cafe." I say as I meet up with my fellow friends from elementary school till now.

"Yeah, unfortunately Junsu and Changmin couldn't make it. I bet Changmin is really disappointed he couldn't eat with us." Yoochun laughs, sipping on his Chai Latte. "That really is the case, but how's the first day of basically being a qualified teacher?" Yunho curiously asks

I take a small bite of my sandwich and drink some of my cappacino. "Well, to be honest I kind of made a student cry but I don't exactly know why." 

"You what?!" They both exclaim in unison. 

"It is what it means you know." Yunho slaps me on the arm, "Yah Yunho! Don't touch me like that!"

"Oh goodness Jaejoong, I understand that you think being a strict teacher is good but don't you think it's better to be a cool and strict teacher?" Yunho asks.
"Are you saying I'm not cool?" I ask, because to be honest I think I'm pretty cool. 

"No, like more laid back with your students, like humorous and all that." Yoochun suggests. "Well laid-back isn't strict and I can't be bothered being humorous, there's nothing to joke about." I reply.

"That's because your humour is pretty horrific anyway." Yunho directly replies, "Yeah, and besides we don't really laugh at your ty jokes, we laugh at you." Yoochun adds. 

"You guys are so mean to me." I sigh and continue to gobble on my sandwich, maybe I should also order a cupcake. I'm not even that strict though, I just told her to complete more work in class and suggested informing her parents if she didn't abide to it. 

"So... what exactly did you say to her?" Yunho asks.

"I told her off for sleeping in class, but then she did it again afterwards and didn't do much class work." 

"Big deal! Maybe she studies really hard at home and still gets perfect grades at school eventhough she does nothing in class. You were kind of like that when you were in high school." Yoochun says. Yeah, maybe I was but I'm just trying to push her to do her best!

"Well, I still don't understand why she started crying but she said really strange things like the Kim sunbae I knew would never say that, that was bizarre." 

"That makes no sense! Who says that?" They both say, synchronised. 

"Is this what happens when I look too beautiful to be a teacher? Maybe I remind her of her ex boyfriend or her lover, I wonder is that person as beautiful as I am?" 
"Narcissist." They both say again. 

"Oh well, you see if I'm stricter maybe no one will fall in love with me since I give off an annoying and scary impression. I don't want students being ually attracted to me, I'm still a teacher and that's so taboo and socially frowned upon. It is just wrong." I say, emphasising the last word.

"You're only twenty two, you're not that old and you're mainly teaching eighteen year olds just saying." Yoochun says in a bored tone, resting his chin on his hand.
"Just be yourself, being a teacher is a rather social job, being loved is better than being hated as that sour lemon teacher. Plus, you shouldn't worry about having student fan girls if you can control yourself." Yunho adds.

Well, I guess they're both right.

Still, what do I do about Ka Eun? Am I meant to apologise or what. 
 

Finally updated after abandoning this for like a year and more! Well I'll be working on this and my main one so updates for both YAY, I really do appreciate the people who have subscribed to this!

Enjoy!