Chapter 6

Why can't you remember me?

Your P.O.V

Kwangmin told me to wait here so I did. But I didn’t wanted to feel like an idiot waiting for nothing in particular, so instead, I ran home. I slammed the door on my bedroom and hugged one of my fluffiest pillow. I hoped Youngmin understood it was a mistake. And I’m counting on Kwangmin.

 

 Kwangmin’s P.O.V

I couldn’t catch up with him because, to be honest, he’s a lot faster than I am. I was close to our house when I stopped to catch my breath. When I got upstairs – at just about the right amount of time – his door slammed close. I stood in front of his door and knocked. He replied with a faint scream, “GO AWAY!” and with a loud thud which made me jolted a little. I was about to tell something else but my mother came upstairs complaining about all the commotion. I just mumbled a little nothing to her and headed off to my bedroom, leaving my mother confused.


Next day~

[y/n] wandered around the corridor, not really, she’s going to class and once again, she’s late. The alarm clock was a total mess, good thing her mother was there. Say, what could’ve you done without your mother. She does everything for you and you have to love her after so much struggled having when giving birth to you. Don’t forgot your father, too.

   She ran at such a full speed that the security guards nearly caught her. She doesn’t keep up with her tracks as she stumbled on her feet and doesn’t felt her body crashing onto the floor. She opened her eyes as if to see whether she’s in heaven or hell. No, she could see the white tiles. Probably still in school. But is she floating? She looked up and saw the security guard. He must’ve caught her after all! Phew but shoot! She bowed and apologized and the security guard warned her not to run in the corridors again. [y/n] obeyed and walked to class. She got in class and the teacher was very mad at her. She apologized again but the teacher pitied her, hence, she was one of her best students. So she let her in. Unfortunately, it was unfair for most of the students. [y/n] had a feeling this could be a worst day, or a curse. Someone must’ve cursed her.

   Time flew by and it’s lunch time. How [y/n] wished it was home time instead. [y/n] was with Kimhyun eating their lunch. [y/n] couldn’t eat her lunch. Playing with the Ramyeon was much fun than she thought it would. But Kimhyun was worried about her.

“Uhm.. [y/n]. Are you okay?” but [y/n] doesn’t answer. “Aren’t you going to eat your food?” she still doesn’t answer. Kimhyun sighed and placed her hand on her shoulder. “You know you could tell me anything. I’m your friend.”

“Best friend.” [y/n] corrected.

“Okay okay, fine. So what’s the matter?”

[y/n] sighed so hard as if she all the air from everywhere around the world and no one had an air to breath left. She wished she could do that but no. She told her what had happened from the part where she was in the grocery store and to the part where her friend had told Kwangmin about her secret crush on Youngmin. And she’ll deal with that later on. Until where Youngmin had founded them in that ‘weird’ position. Kimhyun listened. She’s always been a great listener in case ya’ll haven’t noticed. However, she hadn’t seen the twins in school. Kimhyun said that she saw them but only Kwangmin. She had told Kwangmin where his brother was but he said he was sick. [y/n] wouldn’t believe this. He must’ve made some excuses or something.

When she walked down the corridor, thinking about the past where she used to play with Youngmin (and Kwangmin too, of course). But she doesn’t know why it hurts when Youngmin remembered them. I’m such a terrible person, she thought, indeed I am. While walking head-down, she bumped into an unexpecteded good looking guy, who happened to be Kwangmin. And he looks somehow really worried. Without a word he dragged [y/n] to an empty classroom. [y/n] struggled her wrist but his grip was so strong. He’s not how he is on the outside; thin which makes people think he’s weak. Or maybe it’s just that I’m even weaker, [y/n] thought. When [y/n] was about to tell what happened, Kwangmin shushed her. And she heard angry voices of security guard passing by the corridor. They must be looking for Kwangmin. He seemed like a nice guy though. Like I said; he’s not how he is on the outside. He left out a sigh after the security guard had passed by the room he’d never thought of going in. The security guard stepped backwards and opened the door to an empty classroom. He doesn’t had the gut to scan the whole room, he shrugged and closed the door. Kwangmin and [y/n] hid under the teachers table, it was small so they had to squish up. She never felt this close to Kwangmin before, like literally, close. And their faces was inches away. [y/n] got out first and saw no one around. She told Kwangmin that it’s safe, and he got out. When he nearly reached the handle of the door, [y/n] called him out.

“Uhm… Why were they searching for you? Did you do something bad?” she doesn’t said the last question actually.

“Long story short.” [y/n] raised her eyebrow expecting the story coming from Kwangmin’s mouth. “Nevermind.” He said and exited the room. [y/n] stood there confused and worried simultaneously. What is up with him?


The next day Youngmin came to school and [y/n] felt rather happy, somewhat nervous at the same time. How could she talked to him face-to-face? She hoped Kwangmin had talked about it to his brother. And hoped everything is alright. But-

“No, he wouldn’t talked to me.”

“Why?” [y/n] stuttered.

“He won’t believe me. I tried doing aegyo it won’t work- which, usually it does. I kept on telling him it was an accident and he still wouldn’t believe me. I think it’s because when I punched him back at the hospital-“

“You punched him?” [y/n] interrupted.

“Yes. But no. He… he just wouldn’t listen.”

She sighed and folded her arms. Kwangmin made plans but it just never worked. Such as: (1) Kwangmin making dinner for his dear brother but he ended up almost burning the kitchen. (2) Aegyo (3) A cute drawing of Youngmin & [y/n] together. But he kept it in Youngmin’s locker anyway without him knowing. (4) Bought him Pikachu/pokemon stickers, but he ended up using it for himself. (5) Apologizing.

“You tried hard.” [y/n] patted his shoulder. He nodded. She had to raised her arms a little higher due to an issue of being short.

Little did they not know, Youngmin is watching them from behind. Like a Hawk.

She went walking down the dessert hallway going to god knows where. She stayed up late doing a research on ‘How to apologize to your partner when they misunderstand you with someone else.’ Quite long but it helps. Not much to be honest. She yawned and suddenly trip on nothing in particular and she fell down, now no one to catch her falling from hell. She should’ve stayed up late. The floor tiles was cold and it smelled of dust. Somehow, it felt comfortable. As in she and the floor could be compatible for each other. Everything was blurry. And the last thing she heard was footsteps. Oh how she hoped the security guard would come and saved her.

She woke up on a warm white bed sheet. And an unfamiliar room. She knew this school pretty well but she’s never seen this room before. Maybe she’s not at school. Maybe she’s in heaven. White bed sheet. Grey slightly white ceiling and walls. And then there’s an angel. So beautiful, if she touched it her hands will go through it like puffy clouds. She touched the angels’ cheeks and she’s touching it. It’s not puffy clouds or anything. Its flesh, flesh just like herself. And it looked familiar. Maybe this angel is not fluffy.

“Hi, angel. Why aren’t you fluffy like the clouds above.” And she kept on touching on the angels’ cheeks and everywhere on its face.

“What are you talking about.” That not harmony voice, brought her back to reality. And she saw Youngmin with a duck face squished by [y/n]. She squealed and jerked her hands away. Why do I have to be such an embarrassment to myself, my family.  She cursed herself inside. If only my friend is the one who… What happened?

“You passed out in the middle of the corridor,” He said as if he just read her mind. “and you’ve got fever. Have you been staying up all night?” [y/n] nodded. “Tsk, idiot.” She shot him a glare but he was unaware of it.

“Where am I?” she scratched her head.

“In the medical room. Where else would I take you to. It’s not like I’d take you to my room or something.” Blushed right after he realized what he just said, and that also makes [y/n] blushed too. It was a moment of silent until [y/n] broke out.

“Thank you.”

Youngmin looked up and his eyes was wide. “You don’t have to, really, it was nothing-“

“I’m sorry.”

He closed his mouth, unable to speak the remaining sentence. “Yeah, me too.”

Both of them tried to come up of a conversation or a way to apologize neither of them did.

After another minute of silence, Youngmin took a deep breath.

“I remembered this bracelet a friend of mine gave me a long time ago.” He took out the bracelet in his pocket. And [y/n] was no more than astounded at the fact that the bracelet looked rather familiar. Except the alloy silver heart got a bit rusty on the sides. “She gave it to me when I moved cities. She told me to keep it for the sake of remembering her. And whenever I looked at the bracelet, I think nothing else more than that friend of mine. But my gut says that we’re not friends anymore. And my heart says the same thing too. I don’t want to be friends nor best friend, or even mega best friend. I don’t want to be one of those friendly friends anymore.” [y/n]’s heart broke into different millions of pieces and it’s impossible to fixed them up again because the pieces are too small. It might took a hundred years to fixed it. Or millennium! Youngmin continued, “I want to be more than friends. I like her. I loved her. When I came back to this city, I saw her. I found her. Days later, she ended up being with someone else. .Someone I know, someone my who’s a relative to me.”

“No, Youngmin – ah. It was a mistake. I just stumbled on my foot and fell-“

“Why’re you always so clumsy?”

She paused and knew Youngmin was mad at her, he looked angry, “Sorry…” she mumbled.

“Look, I didn’t mean to be mad. Can we make up for it…?”

She nodded and smiled, which Youngmin found it cute; he also smiled, “Yeah.” She told him to give her the bracelet and he handed it to her. “This bracelet, was actually your friends’ favourite bracelet and she doesn’t even want to use it and she treasured it so much. I guess she treasured you the most and lets you take care of it. So it’ll be more… treasurous, she said” Youngmin stood up from his seat and approached to [y/n], he rested his fingers on her chin and pulled her face closer to his and slowly, they were nose to nose. She could felt his breath on hers and it gives shivers down her spines. They moved a little more closer until someone knocked on the door and they both separated, moving to their own positions.

“Can I come in?” the person said. Youngmin opened the door and saw his brother and Kimhyun standing next to each other.

“Are you okay?” Kimhyun said as she went to her friend. They didn’t noticed the boys went out of the room. [y/n] nodded. “You have fever we should get you home. Even your face is so red.” Kimhyun isn’t sure if she did something with Youngmin or it’s just her fever.

“Yeah.”

 


I know this is lame, and it’s short. And there’s so many sighs.

I know you guys are mad at me for leaving a one year hiatus. I am really sorry. I don’t really know how I sometimes forget that I have an account and a story. I’m not really good with words so I might mess up. I am truly sorry for my subscribers who have been waiting for so long (and by so long I mean REALLY LONG) I am truly sorry. If you want to be mad at me go on. But don’t start an argument because I’m not good at those stuffs. I have so much more to say but I just can’t put them to words (I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again: I’m not good with words /I’m not a native English speaker/). If only people could see the images created on one’s mind. It could be totally cool and creepy. Just so you know. I’m sorry. And I’ll try to update as soon as I can. Before summer break is over. Thank you for your corporation :’(

Notice I changed my style of writing (because I got influenced by my classmates who read books daily and I guess my vocabulary expand a little... ahh I don't know ><)