Sight.

Hallucinations {EXO K&M One Shots}

A/N: Angst. 

 

 
 
It's a particularly dreary day out. There is no sun, perfect start. It begins to hail, small sounds of pit pat against your bedroom window as you blink out the sleep in your eyes. 
 
Turning to face the window, you heart sinks. All you see is cloud cover. Shades of grey splattered in the sky. It's clearly morning as there is light and brightness, but so many layers of clouds block out the sun. 
 
Mornings are horrible, today is no expecting. You don't know why you even hope that it will be better as you leave the house. Not quite winter gear yet, but you have a blue knit scarf on. As you leave you remember an umbrella (but forget the gloves). 
 
The first wave of frigid cold air dotted with drops of water make you thankful that you have an umbrella. Though, this was not after the struggle of getting it open.  Each step forward is worse than the last, the wind preventing you from pushing on. You don't really want to get to campus, but you know you need to anyways. You can still complain about it - you reason with your head. 
 

 
Class is the same as usual. You are alone, amused by whatever fascinates you on your phone today. 
 
Though inside now, your body still doesn't adjust. The air around you just seems to be stale and cold, slowly seeping into your being, chilling you from the bone. You hate it. Being unable to heat up; how your body reacts to horrible grey days like today. 
 
You being to act like a hermit. Retreat, retreat back into your shell. You become mute and silent, so much that even your professor almost misses you waiting there. 
 

 
Cold, cold, cold.
 
Even your scarf doesn't do much now. Your body has adjusted, the blast of air seems routine. Everything just . You contemplate going home to crawl under the covers and wish away today, but your brain says otherwise. 
 
Today, even warm soup is ineffective. Today, you are nothing. You aren't alive, you are just a being going through the motions. Warmth cannot be felt, though slight pain of the heat is felt on your fingertips.
 

Cold air moves around you. You can feel it now, even inside.   

 


 

Lack of will, inability to focus, all you do is stare at the screen.
 
Right now is a dangerous situation. You are so aware of your cold surroundings, yet so lost within yourself. You should stop yourself losing grip, but there was nothing stopping you. 
 
 
You begin to hallucinate. 
 

 
 
It happened. At first it was only sunshine and rainbows, pretty fall leaves. Warmth instead of chill, music instead of white noise. 
 
Then your mind flickered images of him. Your whole being shakes with shock and realization. Shock and fear portrayed in your face as you stare out the window.
 
There he stands, like the angel you've embodied him as. Its so vivid that there is even a faint trace of wings around him. You blink, once, twice, and he's still there. 
 
How?
 
Standing in front of you with only glass in between, was your angel. Sandy brown hair, that looked like perfection even after the wind's attacks. Eyes crinkling from smiling, as if he were happy to see you. A beautiful smile played on his lips. Everything was just perfect. 
 
He was perfect. 
 
This wasn't reality. 
 
There was no way this was. You were here, stuck in china. He had left, Korea bound for university. 
 
You start to shake. You turn away from the window. It was so real, but now that it's gone, you feel even emptier. Its as if your soul had been slowly taken away as he floated away.
 

 
An icy drop disturbs the burn of your skin. You can't recall when your body had become warm again. The stark contrast of the two left you wondering what the cold sensation was. 
 
A tear drop. 
 
It was a dream. A beautiful yet sad dream. The day was still grey, the world outside the window still cold. But in your mind there was a glimpse of peace. 
 
Your angel appeared for a moment in time. 
 
His name ghosted across your lips. Silently as it not to break the trance. No one needed to hear, no one but your own ears. 
 
You knew even without though. 
 
Luhan. 
 

 

A/N: A mix of reality and fiction. It was cold and impossible today. 
Idea occured to me as I was staring out into the grey nothingness outside the large Library windows.