Part 5

Searching For You
Chapter 5. Two years and six months passed. Jaejoong turned his head to the right. There, before his eyes, were the three empty prisons formerly owned by Leeteuk, Shiki and Lena. He lowered his head, his right hand clutched his pants, trying to hold the tears which were going to fall from his eyes. “You’re still not getting over it?” U-Know asked Jaejoong. “They had been gone quite long already…” “It’s not too long!” Jaejoong yelled, rising up his head to face U-Know, “Six months is not too long!” “I know,” U-Know said, looking at Jaejoong. “But don’t you think we should accept the fact that they were already gone? They would be sad if they knew you’re still crying over them…” Tears started to fall from Jaejoong’s eyes. “I know! But… How can I not feeling sad when I witnessed three of them… vanish slowly right in front of me?!” Jaejoong said, his hands covering his face. ‘If only there was nothing to separate us, I’d already be beside Jaejoong and comfort him… Darn it, why did he have to be look alike you, Youngwoong?’ “LET US GO!!” U-Know and Jaejoong turned their heads to the source of the voice, shocked with sudden shouts coming from the same space. There, they saw two boys were struggling, trying to run from the Guardian. Their efforts were all useless, as two of the empty prisons next to Jaejoong moved forward automatically and the Guardian managed to shove them into it. “Let me go!” the blond boy shouted, knocking the transparent glass ball hard. “I didn’t break the promise! Damn you old bastard!” Without any mercy, the Guardian used his power and moved the prisons to U-Know and Jaejoong’s direction. As they both got near to the destination, all of them were shocked. “Max?!” U-Know shouted. “Are you Max? You’re Max, right?!” “U-Know?” the boy, who was known as Max, asked, “and… Youngwoong?!” “He is not Changmin then…” Jaejoong murmured, “and perhaps he is not Junsu-hyung too…” “N-n-no way… Hero?! What are you doing here?!” the blond boy asked. “Sorry, but I’m neither Hero nor Youngwoong… I’m Jaejoong,” he answered. “But you look like him… But anyway, I’m Xiah,” he introduced himself, “Park Xiah.” “Ah—Max, he’s not Youngwoong…” U-Know said. “He is Jaejoong, Youngwoong’s Human World counterpart.” “Oh…” Max bowed his head when he made eye contacts with Jaejoong. “Max. Park Max.” “Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong replied. “Nice to meet you.” ~~~~~ Feeling tired, Changmin throws himself on the sofa and rest. Jiji is already into his dream on Youngwoong’s bed. Youngwoong is in the kitchen, cleaning the mess after their dinner, together with Yunho. They divide their works; Youngwoong washes the dishes and Yunho help him drying the dishes as well as putting them on the dresser. There is a very awkward silent between them, and Yunho decides to break the silence by having a little conversation with Youngwoong. “Umm—Youngwoong? Can I ask something?” “Hmm? What is it?” Youngwoong asked, passing the wet dish he has just finished washing to Yunho. Yunho takes the dish from Youngwoong and dries it. “Are you a sorcerer?” “Well—sort of, I guess. How to explain it… Half-blood? Right,” Youngwoong said, “I’m kind of a half-blooded sorcerer and human.” “Half-blooded? So, you do have powers like a sorcerer, then?” “My father was a human and my mother was a sorcerer. That’s why I’m a half-blooded sorcerer. Even though I have my mother’s blood running in my body, but I didn’t inherit her powers as a sorcerer. But I do have an ability to read people’s mind, the only power I inherited from her.” “Hmm, now I get it,” Yunho said. Suddenly, a question hit him. “By the way, if you’re not a sorcerer… How can you fill the electricity box?” “Hahahaha. Good question you got there,” Youngwoong commented. “Actually, there are some shops which sell small bottles contain the sorcerers’ power. They’re specifically sold for the humans who lived in this world without any sorcerers as their family members. I used to buy and use them after U-Know’s disappearance, but then our neighbor as well as U-Know’s good friend, Max, offered himself to help me. Then around a year after that, Max was also disappeared and his family, especially his mother, lend their powers to help me up until now.” “What a great neighbor. But for now maybe Changmin or Jiji will do the job,” Yunho said, laughing. “About the bottle… can human drinks the bottle to gain powers?” Youngwoong laughs. “Of course not, silly. It is very dangerous for human, even for half-blooded ones, to consume the powers as the intense powers will damage the internal organs of a normal human. In another meaning, instead of gaining powers, they will rather meet their death.” “Hmm, I see…” Yunho nods his head. Changmin enters the kitchen. Seeing Youngwoong and Yunho are still haven’t done with the dishes, he shakes his head in disbelief. “You guys are still not done with that? Gosh.” “Oh, Changmin,” Yunho called his name. “What brings you here?” Changmin walks to the refrigerator and takes out a jug of water. Yunho understands what Changmin is doing in the kitchen and quickly back into doing his job. Changmin then goes taking a glass and pour the water in it. “Hey Youngwoong,” Changmin called him. “Mind if I take a glass of your water?” “Ah—just take it,” he replied. “Okay.” Changmin takes several gulps of water until the glass is empty and at the same time, watching Yunho and Youngwoong doing the dishes. Then, he goes for another round of drinking. He sighs. ‘What a long night…’ ~~~~~ One month passed. The space was in a peaceful atmosphere as usual. U-Know and Max were talking with each other about some stuffs, Xiah was sitting alone in his prison, looking at empty spaces before him and Jaejoong, well, doing the same as Xiah except the latter. Every second, Jaejoong would glance at Xiah and Max, without fail. Among of the mentioned names, the only who was aware of Jaejoong’s behavior was Xiah. “Jaejoong, what’s wrong?” Xiah asked, not turning his head from the empty spaces. “You keep glancing at me. It’s creepy.” “Ahh—sorry! I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable,” replied Jaejoong, startled at the sudden question from Xiah. “W-well… can I ask you a question?” “Go on.” “Umm… are Max and you… sibling?” asked Jaejoong. Xiah turned his head, his sight on Jaejoong. “What makes you think that?” “W-w-well—both of you owned the same surname… I thought perhaps you guys are siblings, no?” “Ahh—no. Of course no. My real surname is Shim, actually. I am married with my husband, who bore Park as his surname, so…” Xiah explained, a visible red color formed on his cheeks. Jaejoong’s eyes widen. “Y-you’re married?! Wow… how many years? Children?” Xiah smiled at Jaejoong’s reaction. But when Jaejoong asked all of those questions, his smile faded, as he remembered his past and how deep he regretted his decision because of his foolishness. Xiah lowered his head, not wanting Jaejoong to see his sad face. Upon realizing Xiah lowering his head down and became silent all of the sudden, Jaejoong knew something was wrong and he was the one at fault. “I’m sorry—I didn’t mean to hurt you…” Jaejoong apologized. “There must be a good reason why you were being sent here… Right?” “No… Not really a good reason… I just couldn’t help it.” [Flashback] Back to two years and a month ago… ~To be continue~ Aikawa: Finally another update! :D Sorry for the late update and it is not in a proper format... I'm using my phone instead of laptop. I hope you'll like this ch. although it's mainly just a boring stuff.