Searching for You part 1

Searching For You

 

Searching for You part 1

 

 

The wind is gently dancing in the air. Several leaves are flying away from the trees, following the wind and slowly falling on the ground. A guy closes his eyes, feeling the breeze sweeping around him. It really makes him feel calm.

 

“Five years, eh?” he whispers to himself as he opened his eyes.

 

He looks around the place. This place… was where the incident happened five years ago. Where a car came from nowhere and a boy who was wearing a magician suit, saved his life by throwing the car up the sky with his power. After that, he disappeared into the thin air, just like that.

 

What makes him sad is, that boy… he is happened to be his crush. Even until now, he is still in love with his savior. He still keeps searching for his traces because…

 

He believes his crush is still alive.

 

“Yunho..? Yunho..?” a faint voice echoed into his ears.

 

He woke up from his own world, realizing someone had just calling his name.

 

“Yunho? Are you okay?” a guy beside him asked.

 

“Oh.. It’s you, Shiro-yah,” he said. “Don’t worry, I’m okay.”

 

Introducing Shiro, Yunho’s best and only friend in the university. His full name is Yoshiro Kagami (Kagami Yoshirou in Japanese style). He is actually a transferred student from Japan, which explains why his name is Japanese.

 

“You looked quiet today.. Is there anything happen?”

 

“You know,” Yunho said as he looking up the sky. “Today was the day where I lost someone whom I care very much.. At this place.”

 

“I bet you’re recalling those memories while closing your eyes?” Yoshiro asked.

 

“You got me, buddy.”

 

“I knew it!” he exclaimed. “Anyway, I’m curious. Who is that ‘someone’? Your relatives?”

 

“No,” he shook his head. “Nice guess, but try again.”

 

“Mother? Father? Pets?” he asked one by one and every guesses he gave were all wrong.

 

“Hmm…” He took his time to think. “Your lover—wait, you said you never got one.. A crush?”

 

“You got it right.” Yunho answered.

 

“Really? Tell me, what happened?”

 

“As if I would.”

 

“Ah~! Not fair!” Yoshiro whined. “Tell me Yunho-kun~ we’re best friend, right?”

 

“I will,” he paused. “When a cat grows two pairs of wings.”

 

“That’s mean you aren’t going to tell me!!”

 

“Hey, come back here! Yunho-kun!!” he shouted as Yunho walked away, laughing along his way.

 


~~~~~

 

“I’m home.”

 

Yunho opens the door. The first person he saw when he enters is his aunt. It’s her usual habit to wait at the front door and greet him when he came back.

 

“Welcome home,” she said sweetly. “How’s your day at the university?”
 

“As usual,” he said as he took off his shoes. “Too many assignments to do.”
 

As you can see, Yunho lived with his aunt along his younger sister, Jihye. Their parents died when they were still young. His aunt before was a married woman, but divorce with her husband for unknown reason. She doesn’t have any children yet… But after Yunho’s parents died, she was glad to take them as her children and treated Yunho and Jihye like her own children.

 

“Oh.. That must be hard for you..”

 

“No umma,” I said. “This the only way I could repay for your kindness..”

 

“You don’t have to,” she smiled. “Being as my son and to see your success achievement is just enough..”

 

Hearing her sincere words makes me smiling happily.

 

“Oh,” she said after she recalled something. “By the way, there is someone who was waiting for you since 15 minutes ago at the guest room. A woman.”

 

“A woman? Who is she?”

 

“She said her name is Kim Heechul.. One of your friend’s mother.. But she looks very young though..”

 

‘One of my friends’ mother? Kim Heechul?’

 

“Thanks for telling me, umma.”

 

“Hurry up,” she said. “Let me bring your things upstairs.”

 

“I’m sorry for the trouble,” he said as his aunt took his bag, who was smiling while shaking her head as a sign ‘it’s okay’.

 

Yunho’s aunt went upstairs to his room. Yunho was inhaling and exhaling his breath before going to the guestroom. At there, he sees a figure’s back facing against him.

 

“I’m sorry,” he apologized as he went passed and sat facing against Heechul.

 

When Yunho looked at Heechul for the first time, he was shocked. He looks too young to be a mother for a child around his age.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Kim..”

 

Heechul looks at Yunho with his deadly eyes.

 

‘Ehh.. Did I make her angry?’

 

Heechul folds his arms against his chest.

 

“Okay boy, no need to do polite greetings. I’m in a hurry,” he paused. “Do you know whose mother I am?”

 

Yunho quickly shakes his head.

 

“Do you still remember what happened.. Five years ago?” he asked. A very dark expression could be seen in his face.

 

Yunho widen his eyes, shocked.

 

“So you’re..”

 

“Indeed,” Heechul said. “I am Jaejoong’s mother.”

 

‘Impossible..!’

 

“Of course it’s possible,” he answered after he read Yunho’s mind. “Now, listen to what I am going to say.”

 

Heechul told everything that happened five years ago. His lips keeps moving as the time passed, spilling everything he knows. Yunho froze on his seat, unable to move… Unable to talk…

 

He cannot believe what he hears right now.

 

 

~~~~~

 

Yunho is lying on his bed, remembering what Heechul had said to him earlier.

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

“N-no.. Way…” He said. “He.. Did that for me?”

 

“Yes,” Heechul answered. “My son made a vow not to use his power in order to live a life like human.”

 

“B-b-but.. Why?”
 

“Why?” Heechul said, looking at Yunho. “You asked me ‘why’? Don’t you get it?”
 

“U-uhh..” Yunho lowered his head.

 

“Stupid! He fell in love with you! Because of you, he made that promise! More worst,” Heechul’s voice dropped down at the end of his words. “He exchanged it with his own soul!”

 

He became more shocked.

 

“W-What do you mean..?”

 

“In order to make a vow to be granted, we must exchange it with something else. You know.. Like you’re buying with something and pay it with your money.”

 

He added, “But this vow.. Cannot be exchange with money. You have to sacrifice something important in your life. Because why? It is to make sure that the one who made the vow will keep their promises.”

 

“But what if—”

 

“—they broke the promise?” Heechul cut Yunho’s question.

 

He nodded.

 

“Then.. The one you promised to give will be taken away from you.”

 

He continued, “And yes, that’s the reason why my son, Jaejoong, disappeared from this world. His soul was taken away and his body is trapped at nowhere.”

 

“Then.. What’s the reason you came here? Only to tell me this?” Yunho asked.

 

“No, of course no,” He said. “My presence here is to make you pay back what you have done to Jaejoong.”

 

“What?! But—”

 

“No buts,” Heechul said. “Now you better choose.”
 

“To save and meet him once again or,” he paused. “To deny and let him remains as your past memories? You decide.”

 

“But—”

 

“Uh-hmm~ no buts. I will give you time to think. If you want to save him, come at this place,” Heechul gave Yunho a small folded paper. “If not, then be prepared because I will kill you as an exchange for my son’s life.”

 

Heechul stood up from his seat.

 

“Ah,” he just remembered something he wanted to say. “For your information, I’m not a woman.”

 

“I am a man.”

 

Then, he went out from the room, met Yunho’s aunt to excuse himself. Of course, leaving Yunho speechless on his seat.

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

Yunho closed his eyes and put one arm to cover his eyes. Suddenly, a single tears running down his cheek.

 

‘Am I to be the one who should be blamed for your disappearance..? So.. All these times.. You have the same feelings on me too?’

 

“Why didn’t you tell me.. That you love me?”

 

He looks at Jaejoong’s magician suit. Yeah, Yunho is still keeping the suit with him. He even keeps it hanging on the wall. Whenever he had troubles, he will always ‘talk’ to it….. As if he was talking to Jaejoong.

 

‘What should I do, Jaejoong-ah?’

 

 

~To be Continue~