I'll Fix You [WooNi Drabble]

About Happily Ever After [No Strings Attached! Universe]

 

A/N + Summary(?): After I found out that our dear Namu fell a bit ill, I had a moment of worrying over that oaf and I started doodling my feelings into my notebook. It started with a drawing and ended with a drabble about WooNi~ ^^;; Forgive my doodle, I haven't drawn in years. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this drabble?

As for the Jay and Suki requests, those are coming soon. I'm just figuring a way to execute them just right! Keep an eye out for those!


 

After a long, arduous day of terrible English and rowdy freshmen boys, Nina sat back at her desk and rested her head against her folded arms. A deep sigh fell from her lips as the thoughts of going home and resting with Woo-Hyun on the couch filled her brain. What with her son always hanging out at Jong-In’s or Kyung-Soo’s house and her daughter going on play-dates with Jong-Up and Jun-Hong (Zelo), the house was much quieter on the weekends.

 

The door slammed open, causing Nina to sit up straight in her seat with her hands neatly folded on her lap. It was the soccer team with Jay leading the charge.

 

“So mom, since dad’s gone home sick and we don’t have a ride—“

 

“Your father’s sick?” Nina cut him off, brow furrowing in confusion.

 

“Well that’s what Baek and D.O. said…” Jay turned to the two boys and cocked his head in his mom’s direction.

 

Baek-Hyun nodded. “Mr. Nam was practically fainting all throughout the national anthem and our Jingle Bell Rock number—“

 

“You should have seen it, teach, your husband was literally red and sneezing everywhere!” D.O. added in the visuals, his tone a bit too excited. “He spat a good one at Baek’s face!”

 

“Anyway…” Baek-Hyun shot a glare at his friend. “Mr. Nam finally cut us off during the ‘mix and mingle’ bit and told us to go ahead and do whatever we wanted while he walked off to the nurse. Then art teacher, Mr. Lee, walked in and told us that Mr. Nam had been sent home due to the cold.”

 

“He wasn’t looking too hot, Mrs. Park,” D.O. commented, earning another glare from the rest of the boys.

 

‘Must have been because he forgot to take his jacket last night… Idiot!’ Nina took a deep breath and tried to steady her worrying heart. Why hadn’t he called her?

 

“So can you please take some of us to practice? Uncle Gyu’s already agreed to take the other half…” Jay asked, wondering about the strange pained look on his mother’s face. “Mom, it’s fine. Dad’s not dying. It’s just a cold.”

 

Nina nodded, “Let’s go. Jay, Jong-In, Joon-Myun, Kyung-Soo, Jong-Dae, Min-Seok, come with me.”

 

She gathered her things while the boys filled that space of time with talks about girls, the last soccer match they had, and what strange sounds came from their bodies during the day. Nina had learned to block these conversations out as soon as her son entered high school. She’d never heard these kinds of conversations from Woo-Hyun or the guys when they were in high school, but that was probably because mother didn’t really count as girls in these kids’ worlds.

 

The drive was quick; the boys had taken to opening bags of Cheetos and tubes of Pringles to ‘gain energy’. She caught Jay and Jong-In practically slobbering on each other over a poorly disguised Playboy magazine they were flipping through in the back. Baek-Hyun and Min-Seok looked over Jong-Dae’s shoulders as he battled in out on his DS, possibly with Kyung-Soo who was in the back with Jay and Jong-In distracting himself with his own red DS. Joon-Myun sat beside her in the passenger’s seat, flipping through the book he’d been assigned by Nina himself for English class, Brave New World. He seemed genuinely intrigued by the content.

 

“Dad’s going to be fine, mom.” Jay assured her as he hopped out of the van. “Dad can defeat something as simple as the common cold.”

 

“Your father is very unpredictable when it comes to a lot of simple things, Jay,” Nina muttered as she waved goodbye to him.

 

“By the way! The guys and I are going to the arcade after! We’ll eat at Chan-Yeol’s house!” Jay hollered before tearing down the parking lot and towards the lush green soccer field with the rest of his friends.

 

Nina shook her head at her son. That boy…

 

 

 

“Nam Woo-Hyun! What are you doing?!” Nina nearly screeched when she saw him lying face down on the living room floor, shirtless.

 

“Waiting for my death,” he mumbled, releasing a hacking cough from deep within his throat.

 

Nina stomped over, not caring whether her boots were still on or not. Her arms reached out to flip him over and she touched a hand to his forehead. He was burning up!

 

He s his arms around her waist and buried his face into the crook of her neck.

 

“Angel of mercy, save me~” he sang into her ear, earning him a good smack on the side of the head.

 

“Not now, Woo-Hyun! We have to get you in bed now!” she hissed, tugged his body up as she stood. “And you are so lucky that you’re sick or I would have knocked you out for these boogers on my neck!”

 

“The gold of my love~”

 

“Shut up!”

 

When Woo-Hyun was finally in bed with a mask over his mouth, Nina gave him a good earful about their vows, trust, Jay, something about Pororo, chicken and medicine. He didn’t really catch anything she said, all he could focus on was the terrifying angry look on her face as she scolded him. Sure he had times when he was completely scared out of his wits by this woman, but tonight his wife looked a lot edgier, as if she’d caught him cheating (never!) or gambling away their life saving’s (also never!).

 

Meanwhile, Nina felt like she would break down any second. The only reason why she was yelling at him was because it pained her deeply to see her husband this way. He was so pale, and fragile, and just… weak. She’d never seen him this horrible and it broke her heart. The only time she’d ever seen him close to being sick was when he couldn’t hold his liquor down, even then it wasn’t this bad.

 

“I’m sorry, honey!” Woo-Hyun squeaked before coughing once again.

 

Nina’s eyes filled with tears as her husband struggled to breathe before her. She sighed and sat down at his side, resting his head against her lap and his dark hair out of his face. He needed a haircut after he got over this sickness.

 

“Just… don’t talk, Hyunnie,” she mumbled, blinking away the droplets that threatened to fall down her face. “Rest, and try to get better soon. Alright?”

 

Woo-Hyun nodded tiredly, enjoying the feeling of her cool fingers running up and down his scalp. He heard her softly humming a song to him, he didn’t recognize the melody, nor did he really care. All he could think about was just how adorable and beautiful her voice sounded. Her pitch wasn’t perfect and she fell flat in some points, but it didn’t matter. She was trying for him. Even when she was completely and utterly angry at him, it was really only because she cared about him. He would have been the same way in her shoes.

 

“I’ll fix you up until you’re good as new, Woo,” Nina whispered before pressing her lips against his forehead and rocking him to sleep.


Get well soon our lovely greasy Tree! And next time, bundle yourself better! ;;