Bonding Time [Drabble]

About Happily Ever After [No Strings Attached! Universe]

 

Summary: Woo-Hyun's finally decided to give his hardworking wife a day of rest so he decides to take Jay (8 y.o.) and Sunny (1 y.o.) to the zoo!


 

 

Woo-Hyun’s full lips curved upwards in a triumphant smile. After last night’s hanky-panky (a rough one at that) he had managed to wear his wife out to the point where he had disrupted her normal schedule. With a confirming glance at the digital clock on the dresser in front of the bed, he made Nina approximately 2 hours late for her morning shower, hair-styling, make-up spreading, and making breakfast for the family.

 

            ‘This is for your own good love.’ He placed a gentle kiss on her temple and pulled the duvet over her bare shoulders.

 

            No matter how many times Woo-Hyun insisted that he was able to take care of breakfast and take care of their two children, she would deny him. Nina assured him that she didn’t mind doing the childcare, “I am a woman after all! What kind of mother would I be if I didn’t take care of my kids?” After the birth of their daughter, Sunny, Nina had taken an overload of the household duties, most of which didn’t involve Woo-Hyun.

 

            Well, today was the day that he would do all of the child-care while his wife stayed in bed and relaxed. He wanted to take the overload off of her shoulders (even if she would murder him later).

 

            He picked out his clothes with careful consideration to where he was planning to take his children and skittered off to the bathroom to shower. After his work was done and he was positive that he looked like the appropriate father he actually was, he went to wake up his son and daughter.

 

            Woo-Hyun tip-toed into the bedroom the two shared and smiled brightly at the sight of his children fast asleep. Jay was sprawled all along his bed, his pillow over his eyes and nose while his Pororo blankets only covered everything below his knees. The boy was wearing (of course) his favorite set of Pororo PJs with his tummy just barely peeking out. Meanwhile, baby Sunny was in her crib silently breathing in and out. She laid on her back with her hands closed into tiny fists which opened and closed every couple of seconds.

 

            Jay’s toys were scattered here and there on the floor so Woo-Hyun had to maneuver around the mess carefully until he finally made it to his son’s bed.

 

            “Jay,” he whispered in his son’s ear, removing the pillow from his face. “Time to wake up, buddy.”

 

            “It’s Saturday, dad,” Jay muttered sleepily, turning over on his side and pulling up his covers.

 

            Woo-Hyun couldn’t help but chuckle at his son’s laziness. There were some things that he really wished his son hadn’t inherited from him.

 

            “C’mon bud, I thought you wanted to go to the zoo today?” Woo-Hyun prodded again.

 

            “Z-zoo?” Jay suddenly shot up before slapping his hands over his mouth. The little boy looked over to the pink crib near the windows to make sure he hadn’t woken his baby sister up.

 

            “We’re really going to the zoo, daddy?” Jay asked in a hushed tone.

 

            Woo-Hyun nodded, “Get dressed and we’ll be out of the house before mommy wakes up, okay? Remember our plan?”

 

            Jay sleepily nodded and stealthily made his way towards his drawers to arrange his outfit for the day.

 

            ‘My beautiful baby girl.’ Woo-Hyun thought when he finally walked over to the crib.

 

            He smiled at her sleeping form. She reminded him so much of Nina, especially in the way their long eyelashes fell down to the tops of their cheeks when they slept. It was a feature that had made the reality that both he and Nina had created their two perfect children together. The idea that this life with Nina was real was still a mind boggling thing for him.

 

            “Sunny,” he cooed softly as he ran a finger down from her temple all the way down to her soft lips. “Baby girl, it’s time to wake up. Daddy is taking you and your big brother to the zoo to see the panda bears.”

 

            Her lips twitched before her big brown eyes looked up at him. She stared at the man above her and giggled happily, her arms stretching out towards him.

 

            Woo-Hyun’s heart warmed and fluttered at the sight of her beautiful smile. It was almost like falling in love again. He took the baby girl in his arms.

 

            “Let’s get you dressed, angel.”

 

 

           

            “Here we are kids!” Woo-Hyun announced happily as he pushed Sunny’s stroller through the front gates. “The zoo!”

 

            Jay’s nose wrinkled as the scent of poop and dirt filled his senses.

 

            “It stinks, dad!” he complained, tugging on his father’s cardigan.

 

            “What did you think it was going to smell like, Jay?” Woo-Hyun laughed and pushed along.

 

            Jay pouted, but continued to follow his father throughout the park.

 

            Woo-Hyun would point out the different animals to baby Sunny, but would take care to ask Jay about the animals before saying anything. Jay thoroughly impressed Woo-Hyun with his wide range of animal knowledge, but then again, what did you expect from the kid that liked to flip through dictionaries and the scholarly journals that Sung-Gyu would bring by every week he came by for dinner?

 

            “Nan Da! Nan Da!” Sunny gurgled while bouncing up and down in the stroller. Her little fingers stretched out towards the large glass window before them in an attempt to touch the sleeping panda bears. “Appa! Nan Da!”

 

            Woo-Hyun nearly melted seeing his daughter so excited for the lazy bears. Jay laughed at his sister as he unbuckled the baby from her stroller and took her in his arms. He waddled his sister towards the glass and her fingers touched the coolness of the glass. She giggled in joy when the large bear got closer to them and stared at her.

 

            “Look dad!” Jay said happily, turning his head to look at his father. “The panda bear likes her!”

 

            “So he does!” Woo-Hyun laughed and took out his phone from his pocket. He held the phone up at the right angle and took a picture of his two children with the panda.

 

            Just as he finished the photo-op, his phone began ringing. A picture of Nina’s smiling face was staring back at him, but he knew that once he picked up a smile was going to be the last thing he would receive.

 

            “Put your sister back in the stroller, Jay! Don’t drop her!” He warned before taking the call.

 

            “Heeeyyy honey!” He cooed into the mouth piece.

 

            “Don’t you dare ‘heeeyyy honey’ me, Nam Woo-Hyun.” Nina snapped. “How dare you ruin my schedule? Do you realize just how bored out of my mind I am? I woke up at 12PM and by the time I realized what the time was you and the kids have been long gone! What were you thinking? Are you trying to sabotage me? You know what I have done? Nothing! I ate some yogurt and watched Pororo re-runs on TV. Do you realize just how deathly bored I am? Do you not understand the concept of motherhood? I am going insane! Where are you? Tell me, so I can strangle you! You are dead, Nam Woo-Hyun! Dead!”

 

            “I love you too, honey!” Woo-Hyun chuckled knowing that all of her threats were empty ones. “We’ll be back just in time for dinner. Make us something delicious! Preferably a hotpot! That sounds good right now!”

 

            “I’ll show you hotpot! Just you wai—“ He cut her off.

 

            “Well we’ve got to be going now! I love you, bye!” He sang and quickly hung up.

 

She’s going to kill me for hanging up on her once we get home…

 

            “Was that mommy, dad?” Jay asked as he pushed the baby’s stroller towards him. “Did our plan work? Is she enjoying her day off?”

 

            Woo-Hyun patted his son’s head gently and pulled the boy onto his shoulders and began to push the stroller away.

 

            “She’s really liking her day off,” Woo-Hyun assured with a mischievous glint in his eye. “We should go out without mommy more often!”


A/N: If you guys have any ideas or something you'd like for me to write about within the NSA universe, please feel free to tell me in the comments below~ ^^