Dinner with Sunny's Boyfriend [Drabble]

About Happily Ever After [No Strings Attached! Universe]

 

Summary: Sunny finally takes her boyfriend (JR of NU'EST) of nine months to meet her parents.


 

 

          Woo-Hyun glared at the young man sitting across the table from him as he downed his coke. He’d spent the whole fifteen minute ride to the shabu shabu restaurant glaring at the boy through the rear view mirror. Now that they were here he could get a better look at the little punk that was trying to steal his princess away from him.

 

            “JR is a part of the track team at his school,” Sunny proudly explained to her parents while she and her boyfriend held hands. “He won first place in the long distance run at regionals this year!”

 

            Nina nodded as she dipped a couple of pieces of meat into the pot.

 

            “That’s very impressive, JR!” She smiled at her daughter’s boyfriend. “You must have been working hard all season.”

 

            “I did. It was mostly the reason why I haven’t been able to meet Sunny’s family until now. I apologize.” He smiled at the couple before him.

 

            “A man should do whatever it takes to be with the woman that he loves,” Woo-Hyun muttered. “That’s how I was able to charm my way into my wife’s heart.”

 

            Nina shook her head at her husband and stuffed a piece of beef into his mouth to shut him up. She gave JR an apologetic smile.

 

            “Ignore my husband. He’s just tired after a long day of working,” Nina tittered. “He’s the music teacher at Sunny’s school and I’m the English teacher.”

 

            JR’s eyes lit up. “Sunny’s told me! I was impressed when she spoke to me in English one day. I actually thought the she was American born for a second! Especially since she looked foreign too, now I see that she got her looks from her mother.”

 

            Woo-Hyun rolled his eyes as Nina giggled and fawned over their daughter’s boyfriend. Any boy could say those sweet words to get to their girlfriend’s mother, hell, he did it several times before he finally fell for Nina. But still, the one person he had been counting on to scrutinize this JR punk with him had been easily swayed away. What happened to the strict and observant mother that Nina had become in the past 23 years? Where did that Nina go? Why was she falling for words now? Why was she betraying him?!

 

            “Alright, the meat is ready, so everyone can dig in!” Nina announced and scooped a piece out to feed her husband.

 

            Woo-Hyun glumly opened his mouth and allowed his wife to serve him his food like a child. It was the least she could do since she turned over to the dark side.

 

            Nina raised an eyebrow at her husband’s behavior. She knew that he hated the idea of someone coming in and sweeping his daughter off her feet, but did he really have to behave like a child whose cookie got taken away? Sometimes her husband’s childishness surprised her even if she had been married to the man for 14 years.

 

            “Woo-Hyun, come and help me out with something!” Nina finally said, dragging him out of the booth by the collar.

 

            “Wha—Don’t you dare touch my baby you dinosaur face!” Woo-Hyun snarled as he spotted JR being fed by Sunny.

 

            “Dad!” Sunny pouted her full lips.

 

            “Ignore your father. Just eat, kids!” Nina insisted as she struggled to take Woo-Hyun to the bathroom.

 

            “What are you doing?!” Woo-Hyun hissed at his wife, ignoring the strange looks that the couple was receiving from the other customers. “What if he tries to force himself on Sunny? What if he tries to seduce her with his meat? And I’m not talking about hi—“

 

            Nina finally managed to shove her husband into the washroom with enough force that he slipped on a wet spot on the tile and wheeled back into one of the stalls. She followed carefully in sent a sweet smile to the proprietors of the restaurant before shutting the door behind her.

 

 

 

            “Well that was… strange…” JR stared at the shut restroom door with wide-eyes.

 

            Sunny shrugged and slurped down on her noodles bathed in beef broth. “My dad is a weird one. Mom must really love him to put up with his antics.”

 

            “I think your mom really likes me though!” He smiled, taking his set of chopsticks and digging into his portions.

 

            Sunny rolled her eyes with a smile. She nudged her boyfriend in his ribs which caused him to jump in surprise. Soon a full out nudging war broke out between the two. Finally JR caught the girl in his arms and pressed his lips to her forehead. Sunny smiled and tilted her head up, pouting her lips out towards him. He smirked and leaned in to kiss her gently.

 

            “Do you think your dad will ever like me?” JR sighed against her lips. “I really do love you, Sun-Hi.”

 

            “I love you too, Jong-Hyun. I’m sure he’ll warm up to you! My mom warmed up to the idea of my brother Jay marryin—“

 

            “I told you he was deflowering my baby!”

 

            Sunny and JR turned in time to see Nina with her arms around her husband’s waist in an attempt to drag him back into the bathroom.

 

            “It was just a kiss, Woo-Hyun!” Nina insisted, blowing a dark curl out of her face. “You and I have shared a billion of those!”

 

            Sunny snickered at the scene. Maybe, if things went well between her and JR like they had for her parents, that image of her father and mother quarreling in the middle of the shabu shabu restaurant would be them someday. JR, the over-zealous husband, and her, the accepting wife. 


A/N: Chocolato & Pandypinky I'm working on your guy's requests at the moment. I actually thought I had Chocolato's scenario ready for today, BUT I read the request wrong and so I had to start all over. Instead of "Jay's first sport's meet", I ended up writing about just a sports meet. FAIL! I'll have the requests for the both of you up over the weekend! I promise! ^^ Thank you all for reading~