The Songlist (G-Dragon)

Big Bang Random One-Shots

Hello everyone!  This is a special one-shot, dedicated to my friend 'Lychee' for her birthday.  I hope you enjoy it, Lychee, and Happy Birthday!!!

 

G-Dragon sat down on his couch.  He held in his hands his newest mini album, One of a Kind.  

He had just gotten the final version and was looking it over.  In a few days it would be for sale to the world, and he could not help but be a little nervous, especially since the scandals that bogged his first solo album.  But he was not too worried about that happening again.  He was keeping his confidence up and looking forward to the fan's reactions to the album.

He turned the album over and looked at the song list, smiling to himself.  Three of the songs(One of a Kind, That XX, and Crayon) were his favorites.  Not that he did not like the others, but those three had special stories behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~


He still remembered vividly that one day when he was five. 

His parents had invited some friends over for dinner and he had sang a little song for them.  It was just a random one that he had heard on a cartoon one day, and so he sang it for their entertainment.  After he was done, and had gotten a nice round of applause, his mother had sent him to the other room to play.  But he could still hear what the adults were saying.

"Your son was very good," One of his parent's friends had said.

"Oh, thank you," His mother replied.  "He certainly does like to mimic any songs he hears on tv.  He constantly runs around humming or singing random things."

"Hopefully he will not lose his enjoyment in music when he grows up.  Perhaps someday he will pursue a job in the music industry," Another guest commented.

"I don't know," His father said.  "It really depends on what path he chooses."

"But we're not too worried about him." His mother added.  "He'll always be one of a kind."

~~~~~~~~~~


That had been one of the best compliments G-Dragon had ever gotten, and it had stuck in his head all his life.  It was a good memory to base a song on, even though the next one was sad.

~~~~~~~~~~


He had been 15, a trainee, and had gotten a week off to spend with his family.  He had gone up to his sister's room one evening to see if she had a notebook he could borrow, but when he arrived at her door he heard sobs coming from inside.

He knocked but his sister had not heard him.  He opened the door and peeked his head in and found his sister laying on the bed, sobbing into her pillow.  Slowing walking over, he tapped her on her shoulder, causing her to sit up suddenly.

"What are you doing here?"  She asked.

"Why are you crying?"  He countered.

She grinned slightly, tears still running down her cheeks.  "You really want to know, or do you need something?"

"I really want to know," He replied, sitting on her bed.

She took a deep breath, then said, "I've been dating a guy for around a month.  We go to the same school and he's really cool.  We have a lot to talk about.  But today, at school, I found out that while he's been dating me, he's been sleeping around with another girl on the side.  Apparently he waned to go ‘all the way' with me, but since I won't do that, he decided to go and enjoy the company of another girl's bed instead.  I never even knew until I spotted him locking lips with her today at school, confronted him, and then he told me everything."  She laughed a little.  "He still wants to date me, while sleeping with the other girl!  I just can't believe it."

G-Dragon was so mad that his sister had been hurt like that, that he said the first thing that popped in his head, "That *XX*!"

His sister stared at him, shocked a bit at his language, but then burst out laughing.  "You're right!  He is a *XX*, and he is not worth my tears."

G-Dragon eventually calmed down and laughed with her, then spent the rest of the evening talking with her.  His sister did move on from the jerk, and G-Dragon always called him or any guy who tried to hurt his sister ‘that XX.'

~~~~~~~~~~


G-Dragon continued to go through the songs on the album and eventually hit the next one that really brought back memories.

~~~~~~~~~~


It had been after the scandal over his supposed drug use was all over the news and Internet.  He had been forced to stay holed up in his apartment with his roommate, Seungri, until things calmed down.

He was sitting in his bedroom, browsing the Internet.  He was reading what the VIPs were saying about him, and it was sinking his mood lower and lower.  Suddenly, someone was banging on his door.

"Hyung!"  Seungri shouted.  "Please let me in."

G-Dragon reluctantly got off his bed and opened the door, revealing a very worried looking Seungri.  "What do you want, Seungri?"  He asked, leaning against his door.

"Hyung, do you realize that you've been locked in here for almost 10 hours straight?  What have you been doing?"

G-Dragon shrugged.  "Just reading online."

Seungri groaned, putting his head in his hands.  "You know you shouldn't be doing that.  You were supposed to stay here to wait it out, not to read about it."

"How can I just sit here while the future of my music career hangs in the balance?"  G-Dragon shouted.  

Seungri stared at his feet.  "I just hate seeing you abusing yourself like this.  You have all of us worried sick about you.  We want you to be able to bounce back from this, not to wallow in it."

G-Dragon sighed, rubbing his face.  "I know, I know.  I just....I just want to keep track of what's happening.  Besides, it will be a while before I can be out in public again and I'm going crazy locked up in here with nothing to do."

Seungri suddenly looked up at him, shouting, "Then go crazy!  Let's break out some drinks, invite the guys over, and just have fun!  You should just let all your crazy out, or, what's the term people use now?  Um, coy, cay, um..."

G-Dragon was confused for a moment, until he remembered one of the words that people used a lot online.  "You mean ‘cray'?"

"Yeah, cray!  We should just get our cray on and party out!"

G-Dragon burst out laughing.  "Yeah, okay, Seungri, we'll get our ‘cray on'.  You call up the guys and I'll break out the beer."

Seungri brightened up and grabbed his cell phone to start calling people.

G-Dragon went over to his laptop.  He took one last look at yet another discussion lamenting on his supposed drug use before closing it.  He would no longer let that define him.

~~~~~~~~~~


G-Dragon grinned as he thought about that time.  That night, while drinking with the guys and just having fun, really did help him move on from the scandal.  He even started writing new songs until he could leave the apartment.

He set his new album down and leaned back against his couch.  He smiled at the ceiling and quietly said, "Thanks everyone for the ideas."

 

So, what did you all think?  Please let me know what you all thought below.  Your comments are very encouraging :)  Although, this was a special request by a friend, so I do not know when I will get inspiration again.  But, of course, when I do, this will be the first place I go.  Until then, bye!  Li Li