Chapter Ninety Five

Between Betrayal and Lust

Krystal stared wide-eyed at her sister.

'It's really true.' Yunho said softly.

'So Donghae is innocent?' Krystal whispered.

Jessica nodded.

'Oh no, what have I done!' Krystal's face showed the horror she was feeling.

'Almost done.' Changmin said from the doorway.

They all looked at him. Krystal was confused.

'What have you almost done. You didn't succeed.' Changmin smiled gently.

'Kyu must hate me now.' Krystal's voice sounded so fragile.

'He doesn't, GD explained how he manipulated both you and Jonghyun. How TOP increased your anger with his power.' Yunho said.

'But I still had enough hate for him to increase.' Krystal said.

'I think you know what you need to do.' Jessica said while she caressed her sister's hair.

Krystal nodded.

 

Jonghyun sat on his bed, his knees pressed against his chest.

'I knew I'd find you beating yourself up.' Key said as he entered his friend's room. Yesung followed right behind.

'You are all too kind.' Jonghyun said. 'I betrayed you guys and you still welcome me back with open arms.'

'You forget that we actually know you, Jonghyun.' Yesung said.

'How terrifying was Heechul?' Key asked.

'He was...nice.' Jonghyun shivered.

'I'm so sorry, I know how horrifying a nice Heechul is.' Yesung patted the other on the shoulder.

'So, no more running away?' Key asked, his arms wide open.

Jonghyun shook his head and accepted the hug.

 

Sungmin noticed the tension within Hyuk as he and Kyu came back from the meeting. He grabbed Kyu's wrist and dragged him to his room. Once inside he locked the door and faced his lover.

'Well?' Sungmin asked, his hands on his hips.

Kyu avoided his gaze and tried to turn around.

Sungmin quickly grabbed him. 'Tell me why my best friend is all tensed up.'

Kyu looked into Min's worried eyes. I can't baby, we decided to let you guys have some well deserved rest. 'I don't know what you are talking about.'

Min's eyes narrowed. 'You couldn't help yourself, could you?'

Kyu didn't respond.

'You !' Min yelled. 'Do you realise how hard it has been for Hyuk in particular? I told you to go easy on him for once!'

'I'm sorry, Minnie.' Kyu said.

'I'm so disappointed in you right now, Cho Kyuhyun!' Min said and was about to leave when he noticed the pain in Kyu's eyes. 'Kyu, are you alright?'

'Can I just hold you?' Kyu whispered, finally allowing the fearful thoughts to overwhelm his mind. 'Please?'

Min sensed the urgency and nodded. He was pressed hard against his lover and held him tight.

 

Hyuk quietly entered his bedroom and smiled as he saw a sleeping Hae sprawled out over the bed. The sheets only covered him partially. An arm and a leg were dangling from the side of the bed and Hae's face was pressed against Hyuk's pillow as the boy was sleeping on his stomach.

Hyuk sat down on the bed and created a wall of fire around them. His eyes lovingly scanned Hae's features. 'I'd die if he'd hurt you.' Hyuk whispered, forcing himself not to be too clingy. He started playing with some lost locks of Hae's hair. It brushed over Hae's nose and made it wiggle slightly from left to right. Hyuk chuckled at the sight. He laid himself down and pulled his lover into his embrace. Hae naturally sought out the warmth and nestled himself against Hyuk's chest, his leg in between Hyuk's. Too lazy to pull the blanket over them, Hyuk created one with fire, making sure the temperature was right so it wouldn't burn Hae.

'Hyukkie...' Hae sighed half asleep.

'Sleep, baby.' Hyuk's voice was soothing. Finally he relaxed as he breathed in Hae's scent. Fully protected by the wall of fire he let go and allowed himself to drift of.

 

'That won't work, Heechul.' Yesung sighed.

'No idea what you mean.' Heechul said as he took another sip of soju.

'You're trying to mask me out.'

'Maybe you should take the hint and out.'

Yeye looked at Heechul's stiff shoulders. 'Want me to stay with the Lee's for a couple of days?'

'N-no, I need you here.' Heechul said, not longer able to hide his emotions. Yesung's eyes widened as he sensed the immense fear and pain. He didn't ask any further though and just silently kept his friend company.

 

'How was your meeting?' Seungri inquired.

'They realise now that we have to go against Park.' GD said, draping himself on a chair.

TOP's eyes sparked. 'Against Leeteuk?'

GD nodded, suppressing a smile seeing the other's excitement.

A wide grin spread over TOP's face.

'Why does fighting make you this happy?' Daesung whined.

'It's to counter his love for fluffy stuff.' Taeyang joked.

'Tell me we join them.' TOP pulled GD's arm.

GD pretended to think about it.

'Oh come on G!' TOP practically begged.

GD raised an eyebrow and looked sternly at his friend. 'Will you behave?'

TOP ferociously nodded his head.

'Promise?'

TOP offered his pinky in response.