Chapter Seventy One

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Let Taeyeon look at her.' Heechul suggested to Siwon who was still carrying Sooyoung.

Siwon nodded and placed the girl on the couch. Taeyeon started scanning the body of the Choi and frowned.

'What is it?' Heechul asked.

'She's traumatised.' Taeyeon said softly. 'I can't heal those kinds of wounds.'

'Damn it, we need Jonghyun, he could have overwhelmed her with pleasure.' Heechul cussed.

Junsu ran into the room. 'Heechul, Hyoyeon is having a vision.'

Heechul grabbed Hyuk's and Siwon's wrist and dragged them with him.

Hyoyeon was convulsing on a bed, her eyes all white cause they rolled back.

'Is she okay?' Siwon asked.

'Oh yeah, this is normal for her.' Heechul waved the other's worries away.

'Danger, danger!' Hyo shouted.

'Who is in danger?' Heechul asked.

'Water is in danger.'

'Hae?' Hyuk's heart dropped.

'Is it the hunters?' Heechul frowned.

Hyo arched her body and relaxed again. 'Not the hunters.'

'Then who!' Hyuk shouted.

'Trust water even if it looks tainted, trust.' Hyo whispered before she fainted.

'Tae!' Heechul yelled.

Taeyeon and Taemin hurried in.

Heechul rolled his eyes. 'This will get complicated, Taeyeon, look after Hyo.'

 

Sooyoung slowly opened her eyes. Sulli was caressing her face gently.

'Are you okay?' Sulli asked.

Sooyoung's eyes teared up. 'Please go get the three leaders.'

Kangin, who sat in a corner, got up. 'I'll do that.'

 

They met in the library. Heechul leaned against a desk. Hyuk was sitting on a chair and Siwon was leaning against a wall. Sooyoung was trembling and rubbing her hands together on the couch.

'No need to be nervous.' Siwon comforted his clan mate.

'You read Kyu's mind, what is going on?' Heechul said.

'Let her calm down a bit.' Hyuk said softly.

'I'm okay' Sooyoung said. She breathed in and started. 'Kyu's mind is in complete chaos. Every time he has a positive thought about any of you, another part of him screams and scolds him for feeling that way. He suddenly relived the past and.....and it was horrible.' Sooyoung started crying again.

'His past? You mean his previous life?' Heechul frowned.

Sooyoung nodded. 'He was tortured sickly and then left for dead.'

'By whom?' Siwon asked.

Sooyoung quickly glanced at Hyuk and hesitated.

'Tell us.' Hyuk said.

'The previous water handler.' Sooyoung exclaimed.

Silence filled the room.

'No way.' Siwon and Hyuk shouted at the same time.

'Calm down, you love sick fools.' Heechul yelled. 'Think for a minute, we know someone has messed with our heads before, maybe the same happened to the hunters. Above all, remember what Hyo just said. We need to trust the water, even if it looks tainted.'

'Someone is after Hae.' Siwon concluded.

'Why though?' Hyuk said.

'What if, setting up the previous water handler was just the beginning, to make sure Hae would not be able to unite us.' Heechul thought out loud.

'Unite us?' Siwon frowned.

Heechul huffed. 'Think about it, the reason we three are in here together without attacking each other is because of that fish.'

'Someone knew Hae could pull this off and started setting him up decades ago?' Hyuk said.

'Who would benefit from this?' Siwon bit his lip.

'Maybe some clanless vampires?' Hyuk suggested.

'And then there is the prophecy.' Heechul said.

'What prophecy?' Siwon asked.

Heechul sighed and recited:

One day sapphire will rise

The pureness captures royal

The kindness melts silver

and awakens all.

One day all will unite

Mind, body, soul and nature combined.

On that day

All memories will flow

On that day

a new era starts with a downfall.

A fire ball hit the fireplace. 'Why the hell are these things always so damn confusing!' Hyuk yells.

'They at least could have made it rhyme.' Siwon protested.

'Glad you got your spirit back.' Heechul mocked as he saw the fire in Hyuk's eyes.

'So this could be about Hae, Hyuk and Kyu.' Siwon said.

'It's about all of us. Mind are the Choi's, Body are obviously the Kim's, Soul are the hunters and Nature are the Lee's.' Heechul said. 'That's all I can figure out.'

'I guess someone feels threatened about the downfall?' Hyuk suggested.

'Who created this prophecy?' Siwon asked.

'Hyo's ancestor, centuries back.' Heechul said.

'We need to protect Hae at all cost.' Hyuk said.

'So you could corrupt his pureness some more huh.' Heechul mocked.

'You are all just jealous cause that cutie is mine.' Hyuk huffed.

'He is cute.' Heechul admitted, using an exaggerated expression of admiration.

'And that .' Siwon drooled.

'Hey! Stop it, erts!' Hyuk yelled.

 

'Henry, go eat your breakfast.' Changmin said and immediately left.

Hae slowly woke up and stared at the ceiling. He pouted as he was thinking about Hyuk.

The door opened and a silver eyed Kyu appeared with a dagger tight against Sungmin's throat.

Hae froze.

Kyu locked the door.

Hae slowly sat up from his bed and waited for what was to come.

'Do you like Sungmin, Donghae?' Kyu snarled.

Hae slowly nodded his head, not trusting his voice.

'You want him alive?'

Hae's eyes widened and he nodded harder.

'Then admit it.'

'Admit what?' Hae asked.

'What you did in your previous life.' Kyu yelled as he tugged the knife even closed to Min.

'I don't know what you mean?' Hae said as he started trembling.

'Liar!' Kyu yelled. He felt Min's hand softly his thigh to give him strength. The arm around the vampire's waist tightened a bit to signal that he was ok.

Tears welled up in Hae's eyes. 'Just tell me what you want me to say, I'll say it, just, please don't harm Minnie.'

'Admit that you tortured me and left me to die.' Kyu screamed out.