Chapter Sixty Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hae was falling in and out consciousness. He felt incredibly dizzy. His head was spinning and kept falling to the left or right.

Changmin had tried to close off the wound, but for some reason, Hae kept bleeding. Yunho and Kyu had come in and were watching.

'Hae, Hae, can you heal the wound?' Changmin panicked.

Hae looked dazed but still tried to scan Changmin's body until he noticed a small cut on the other's thumb. He send a water patch towards it.

Changmin was startled as he saw the paper cut healing immediately. 'Hae, I mean your wound, please close it.'

'Can't heal self, need to prove I won't harm anyone.' Hae slurred.

Yunho frowned. 'You've lost enough blood, now do it.'

Hae shook his head.

'Lee Donghae, close up your wound immediately!' Kyu's voice boomed through the small room.

Hae's eyes widened a bit and focused on Kyu.

'Kyu'

'Obey us.'

'But...'

Kyu's eyes changed to silver as he was getting angry.

Hae gulped and quickly healed himself.

Kyu left the room, Changmin followed him.

'He lost so much blood, I'm afraid it is too much.' Changmin said.

Kyu kept on walking.

'Kyuhyun?'

'I ing heard you.' Kyu snarled as he kicked a trash bin out of the way.

'What are...'

'Put the human with him.'

'Kyu! That's dangerous.'

'Do as I  say, damn it! Kyu went into his room and locked the door. He heard Changmin walking away. He slowly let himself slide down the door, his vision haunted with a weak Hae staring at him so helplessly. His scar was killing him. Kyu hugged his knees and started crying, resting his head on his knees.

 

Heechul closed his eyes. He couldn't watch the hope and desperation in Hyuk's eyes any longer. He knew that look. He was like that for years when he lost his love. Hangeng, I miss you so badly. Heechul's heart hurt as the memories came back. One day his eyes had fallen upon a human who seemed adorably lost in the huge and busy city of Seoul. The man was clearly a tourist. Heechul had liked the unsure body language of the human as well as the gentleness reflected in his eyes. He had helped the human find his way, they had gone for a drink and things had progressed. One evening they had fought about Heechul's weird behaviour, his coming and going at random times. Heechul had panicked and in a fit of anger had slammed the Chinese man against the wall of an alley and had desperately sunk his fangs into the man's neck. Instead of fear and disgust, Hangeng had looked at him with love, lust and understanding. Heechul had been powerless against that. They had loved each other completely until one day...Hangeng had just disappeared. Heechul had searched the earth desperately for his love. He had called upon anyone's help. But without success.

Heechul forced himself back to the present. Even if he wasn't killed at that time, he is dead now. It's been too long. Heechul's eyes met Hyuk's and recognised the pain within them. He simply nodded.

'We will help.' Heechul whispered.

Hyuk's eyes widened in shock. The tension, the fear, it all came out as thick tears rolled down his cheeks in relief.

Yesung walked up to Heechul and hugged his leader. He had sensed the internal struggle and knew what had gone through his mind.

 

'Hi, I'm Henry!' The human introduced himself to Hae. Innocence radiating from the boy. Hae smiled weakly while he pushed himself upright on his bed.

'Hi, I'm Donghae.'

'You are a vampire?' Henry asked, his head tilted.

Hae nodded. 'What else have they told you?'

'That this is a test to see if you will drink from me.'

'Aren't you scared?'

'No! I would be honoured if you would drink from me! I love vampires.' Henry said enthusiastically.

Hae sighed. 'You are weird. How old are you?'

'Sixteen.'

'Aish such a baby.' Hae teased.

'Hey!' Henry pouted.

Hae's eyes rolled back and he slumped against the wall.

'Are you okay?' Henry asked as he ran up to the vampire.

'Just a bit weak.' Hae mumbled.

Henry cupped his face. 'You are handsome.'

Hae's mind was drifting. 'Hyukkie.' He whimpered as he lost consciousness.

 

'Can't we help them?' Luna carefully approached her brother.

Leeteuk glared at her. 'Are you insane? You know the prophecy!'

'But I don't like them getting hurt!' Luna shouted.

'So you want me gone? Is that it? You want your brother by blood dead?' Leeteuk growled.

Luna bit her lip as tears were welling up. 'Of course not!'

'It's them or me.'

'Is there no other way?' Luna tried once more.

'No and you better not go against me.' Leeteuk threatened. 'You only have me left!'

Luna dropped her head in defeat.