Chapter Eighty Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

They progressed very slowly since their vision was impaired by the mist. Minho kept an eye on Taemin who was working up a sweat removing as many clouds as he could.

'I hate rogues.' Kangin mumbled as he dragged Ryeowook with him, not really caring about the lack of sight. He barely avoided a tree but didn't slow down.

Suddenly Taemin got shoved hard by something invisible, he flew to the back in seconds and tumbled down. Minho flashed quickly and caught the exhausted air handler.

The fog disappeared and they were met with a seriously pissed off TOP.

TOP didn't care for conversation and started using his shockwave to blow people away, smashing them against trees and each other.

Onew and Sunny tried to shield everyone but the metal and wood got blown to pieces.

Minho had put Taemin down gently. His fists were clenched as rage took over. Taeyeon was healing the boy's broken bones, but it was painful. Minho concentrated on TOP and entered his mind. The shockwaves stopped.

Hyorin blinked to TOP's side and pulled his arm. 'Why did you stop?'

Heechul gasped as he recognised Kim Hyorin.

'Get away from him, he's being controled!' GD's voice sounded.

TOP's hand went for Hyorin's throat but she quickly blinked away.

Siwon stepped up, his face showed anger. 'I knew you left us decades ago because you didn't like clan life but I never ever suspected you to go against us, TOP.'

'TOP's a Choi?' Changmin uttered in shock.

'His power is manipulating rage, this shockwave thing is new.' Sulli uttered.

'I won't be able to hold him like this for long.' Minho warned.

GD showed himself, he was on the roof of the mansion.

'Whatever you do, don't look into his eyes!' Heechul warned.

'What's his power?' Kyu asked.

'Sedation, he can make you lose energy just by eye contact.' Heechul answered.

'If TOP has evolved, maybe so has GD?' Hae said.

GD jumped down and smirked. Several vampires were appearing near him. The thing that got to Kyu was the one hunter he saw. 'Hyunseung?'

Hyunseung looked down for a second before he braced himself and looked fiercely into his former leader's eyes.

'I guess you are the newly awakened head of the hunters?' Hyunseung said.

Yunho had to hold Jessica back as she had missed her dear friend.

'Hey Sica.' Hyunseung smiled.

'Why did you leave us? We thought you had been killed by vampires.' Changmin said.

'I got a better offer.' Hyunseung wrapped his arm around Hyuna.

Everyone expected Heechul to blow up as he recognised another Kim.

'Hi Chullie! I miss our talks.' Hyuna pouted.

Heechul's eyes briefly showed intense sadness but were back to blank rapidly.

Hyuk was staring at Hongki who was avoiding eye contact.

'So, now that we all have reacquainted ourselves with our roots, maybe you can let go of TOP.' GD eyes focused on Minho.

'What do you want, GD?' Yesung asked.

'You mean you can't read me?' GD acted surprised.

'We get that you learned a few tricks along the years but why the need to attack us?' Hyuk snarled.

'And where is Jonghyun?' Key asked.

GD ignored all the questions as his eyes landed on Hae. 'Ahhh the infamous water handler of the Lee's.'

Hyuk covered Hae's eyes.

'Hyukkie?' Hae whispered.

'Hmmm?'

'I don't like this.'

'Me neither, but hang in there, we'll protect you.'

'I don't want anyone to get hurt.'

'I know.'

'They love each other too, you know.' Hae said weakly.

Hyuk tensed up, knowing where this was going. 'I swear, if you shield any of them, I'll lose it, Lee Donghae!'

GD saw them whispering and chuckled. 'So the rumours are true? The fierce leader of the Lee's has become the lap dog of his water handler?'

'How can we solve this without any blood shed?' Heechul asked.

'Very simple.' GD smirked. 'Hand over the water handler and we won't harm a fly.'