Chapter Forty Two

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Hyukkie, I can walk by myself.' Hae giggled as Hyuk piggy backed him to the kitchen.

'Fish can't walk.' Hyuk said as he put Hae down on a chair and pulled another one really close to it. As he looked up he was met with the incredulous stares of the others.

'Good morning!' Hyuk smiled at them.

Still astonished they mumbled something back as they watched Hyuk pouring cereal in a bowl for Hae and himself. Hae spotted the milk out of their reach and without thinking stretched out his hand making the milk leave the carton and stream through the air towards their bowls.

'Wow!' Amber commented.

'Didn't know you could do that!' Sunny said.

Hae looked at Hyuk with big eyes. 'Hyukkie,  I can move things!'

Hyuk hugged him and pecked him on the head. 'I guess if they contain enough water, you can handle it'.

Again the others could just stare at the display of affection of their leader.

Hae focused on the strawberry milk and guided it towards Hyuk's empty glass. He beamed when he succeeded.

Hyuk held his hand above Hae's cup of chocolate milk and heated it to the perfect temperature.

'Eat you toast, Hae.' Hyuk said.

Hae pouted and shook his head.

'Aish.' Hyuk said softly. 'I know you don't like it but you have to eat.'

Hae just played with it a bit but didn't take a bite.

Hyuk grabbed it and held it in front of Hae's mouth. Hae looked up with puppy eyes pleading. Hyuk looked as stern as possible still offering the toast. Hae reluctantly open his mouth a bit and took a bite.

'Good boy.' Hyuk praised as he caressed the other's hair making Hae beam.

'Am I missing something?' Onew said as he eyed the two.

Taemin placed his elbow on the table and his chin on his hands as he looked happily at them.

'This is so cute.' Sunny squealed.

'So, Hyuk.' Kyu couldn't hold it in anymore.

'Hmmm?' Hyuk responded, still feeding the boy.

'Do you and Hae have to tell us something?'

Hae frowned and looked at his best friend. Hyuk finally looked at Kyu. 'What do you mean?'

'No world changing announcement?' Kyu pressed.

'Hyukkie and I will go shopping!' Hae said.

'Not what I meant, Hae.' Kyu said.

Hae looked at Hyuk in confusion. The latter's eyes traveled over the boy's face, softening as he got lost in its beauty.

'Hyuk!' Kyu tried again.

'WHAT?' Hyuk turned back to Kyu.

'Nothing special happened?' Kyu said.

Hae blinked and turned red. 'Hyukkie, you think he heard us having ?' He whispered not so softly.

'Just great, the image of a humping monkey will forever be etched in my mind.' Onew mumbled.

'Where is Sungmin?' Hyuk said after sending Onew a death glare.

Hae saw Kyu's composure change.

'I'm here.' Sungmin said from the door frame.

Hae saw his best friend tense up. He looked up at Hyuk and their eyes met as they were having a silent conversation.

'So Hyuk, not going to make it official?' Sungmin said, diverting the attention away from himself.

'What do you mean?' Hyuk frowned.

Sungmin looked at Hae, then at Hyuk's arm that was wrapped around the boy tightly and then at Hyuk. The latter flushed but kept his arm there.

'Fine, yes it's true! Hyuk and I have , lots of it! And it's really good! Stop interrogating us!' Hae suddenly jumped up and yelled.

Kyu choked on his cereal.

'Baby, I don't think they wanted to know that.' Hyuk deadpanned.

'Oh, right, Hyuk tops!' Hae said.

Hyuk grunted as he turned even more red.

The others chuckled at their leader's embarrassment.

'Baby?' Sungmin mocked.

Hyuk didn't respond.

'I think what we want to know is if you two are together.' Sungmin said.

'Of course we are.' Hae said, startling Hyuk. Hae pointed at Hyuk and himself. 'You can see that he's right next to me. And we'll go shopping together as well!'

'Hae, my lovely best friend, sometimes you are from another world.' Kyu sighed.

Hyuk stared at Sungmin. 'Yes.' He simply said.

'Seems like the boy doesn't realise it yet.' Sungmin stared back.

'Working on it.' Hyuk said.

'Maybe you should...'

'Min, drop it.' Kyu interrupted Sungmin.

'Shut up, human.' Sungmin snarled shocking everyone.

Kyu looked down.

'Are you okay, Sungmin?' Hae asked as he got up and walked over to his best friend, putting his hands on the other's shoulder. Kyu relaxed a bit.

'No, I'm not okay! Stop flirting with Hyuk, stop touching Kyu, stop it already!' Min shouted, the lights flickered as the electricity in the air heightened.

'Lee Sungmin!' Hyuk's voice boomed angrily.

Hae walked over to Sungmin. 'What's wrong?' He placed a hand on the other's shoulder.

Min slapped the hand away. 'It's all your fault! Don't you get it, we are not meant to have those feelings!' He screamed.

Kyu saw the distress on the Sungmin's face and hugged him tight. Min struggled against him for a bit but then relaxed and started sobbing.

'Whatever is worrying you, all will be fine, Minnie.' Kyu whispered feeling the vampire cling on to him. To everyone's surprise, Kyu lifted Min's chin and pecked his lips lightly.

'I'll take Minnie upstairs, he needs to rest. Have fun shopping!' Kyu said with a smile while he guided Min away.