We Belong Together

Memoirs

 

 

     From that very instance that Jiyong's taken an interest in the shining trainee out of the new batch that had just entered under contract, he had made a very special request. A feature. Regardless of whether or not he met with her instantly for recordings, he wanted - no - needed for her to be on at least one track. Her voice was too good and unique to be kept concealed until she was set to debut. Not only has his musical talent been a part of his interest in her, but a little tugging sensation he felt in his chest every time he repeatedly watched her audition clip. It had become a part of his daily routine. A daily dose of Miss Park Bom. 

     "Hyung, is everything set?" Jiyong wasted no time the moment he entered the studio. Although he was a part of the song producing and composing process, he was still in the passenger seat; an order that the president of the company had advised him to deal with for the time being.

     "Mhmm," He replied. "She came in yesterday and started to record." Jiyong held his hands in the front of him as he pursed his lips in understanding. He didn't mean to pry, but he wanted to know every little detail. His curiosity could match that of a teenage girl insisting on hearing every single detail of her friend's first date with a new beau. In the midst of producing, the producer looked up at a frozen Jiyong who seemed to be awaiting patiently for him to continue. 

     "You missed her by about an hour. Where's Seunghyun?" He diverted the topic. Seeing Jiyong in a dream-like phase was all too…weird for everyone. Yet no one bothered to confront him about it or tell him to snap out of it. Just as a new love, it was cute.

     During the remaining duration of the final steps to completion of what will become Big Bang's first ever track released to the public, Jiyong was head over heels. Petty and extremely feminine, he didn't seem to mind. And the news of their scheduled music video filming just made his excitement heighten a level further.

--

     "Here's the storyboard for the concept of the music video. This is basically a run down or outline on the camera angles and what we should expect to see." The director informed both Jiyong and Seunghyun. Their leading lady getting her finishing touches on outfits. 

     "But there's no exact script we need to follow, right?" Jiyong inquired. An idea popped into his head and he crossed his two fingers that the director would give him an answer that he wanted to hear. 

     "That's right." He wanted to jump in the air and rejoice, but he held in the urge to do so. "Since Jiyong's going to be our lover boy, you're free to be as affectionate as you want towards your leading lady." Jiyong grinned at hearing those words. She was his leading lady. Not anyone else could hold such a claim on her, not even Seunghyun. 

     "Anything?" Jiyong side-eyed him mischievously. Of course he wouldn't do such a thing for their very first music video, but the idea was all too tempting at the same time.

     "Of course there's limits. I don't want you planting a kiss on her the moment I call 'Action!' Please do remember that she is a noona. Not some naive girl lacking experience in exposure to men. Or little boys like you two." He joked, earning a pout from Jiyong. "I'm just kidding! Just don't do anything rash. The President doesn't need to handle a scandal the moment you all debut."

     "Understood, Director! We'll start filming now." The two bowed respectively and as if on cue, Miss Park Bom made her grand entrance. 

     "Take your places! Jiyong to the right and Bom against the wall!" The director ordered and they took their places while the four other members watched behind the imaginary boundary set at the line of cameras for each and every angle.

     A backpack stuffed with random items to give the scene a more realistic sense slung over Jiyong's left shoulder. He took his place as directed from the hidden stairwell. Surprisingly enough, as the two leads made their way to their respective spots, they had not yet taken a glance at one another for the first time. The moment the Director calls 'Action!' will be their very first meeting. And Jiyong definitely couldn't wait. The element of surprise coursed through his veins. 

     "Action!" He rubbed his palms against one another and with a deep breath of air, he nodded, full of determination to make the best out of this. 

     "Showtime."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second chapter! Bleh. I don't know how these things are going, so I think I'm going to rebel and not follow in time sequence, chronologically. I have a lot in mind, so please do anticipate them! <3