Epilogue

Kipuka Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A black-haired tomboy stepped out of an SUV as she parked it in their garage. She was then welcomed by a running boy around five years of age, screaming out, “Appa!”

 

She smiled at the sight and eventually spread out her arms to bring the young boy in her arms. “How’s my little prince huh?”

 

The young boy then raised his right wrist to show up the star that he got from school. “Teacher gave me a star earlier at school Appa. She told me that I’m a smart kid so I deserve this.” The young boy bragged.

 

“Aigoo… You really got my brains!” She said as she ruffled the young boy’s hair.

 

“Yeah… and thankfully, he got my face. Look at how handsome he is.” A voice said.

 

“Yeah yeah… Whatever. At least you didn’t get her stubbornness.” The tomboy muttered as she looked at the young boy in her arms. The latter only giggled at how his parents bicker with each other.

 

“Yah Amber Liu! What are you saying to Jae Sook?”

 

“Oops… I think you better go inside of the house now son. I’ve got an Ice Princess to tame.” Amber said as she lowered down the boy.

 

“Got it Appa. Goodluck.” The young boy then winked and ran inside their house, leaving his parents alone in the garage.

 

After the young boy left, Amber opened the trunk of her car to pull out her bag. She’s been out of town for a conference for a week.

 

“Care to explain what Jae Seok meant with ‘goodluck’ Liu?” The lady asked her as she leaned her body on Amber’s car. Smiling, the shorthaired girl approached her other half and told her, “You’re also a Liu, Krys. Just to remind you.” She then pecked the lady’s lips and grinned as she saw the latter blushed.

 

“Y-Yah! What was that for?” She asked, tried to sound angry at the sudden action of the girl in front of her, but ended up in a rather shy tone.

 

“Why? Can’t I kiss my wife?”

 

 

 

 

 

Two months after the incident, the USGS observed of what is left of Kipuka. After a year of further observation, and analyzing the study performed by Amber and Yoo Jae Sook, they concluded that the island is actually sitting just above a big magma chamber. It is said, according to Amber’s final conclusion, after gathering up all of the data

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter