"Cookie?" part I

Bubble Love

part I

 

 

Saturday, the Seoul railway station always filled with crowded. Everyone seemed to be in rush to the places they were heading to, afraid they won't make it on time into the train. There are people carrying sizes of luggage, bags, and some snacks on their hands. Even this early in the morning, the 24 hours convenience store located near by the station is just as busy as the usual busiest time its business doing especially on holidays.



A 23 years old young lady walked out from the convenience store with a smile plastered on her face. She was happy being the last customer that successfully grabbed the last bag of her favorite chocolate chip cookies before it was announced by one of the convenience store workers it was sold out. Well, she has been in the station too early to start the trip to her way home. She sure has about forty minutes time to kill for her destination train to come. Sitting on the waiting area while reading a novel with some snacks to eat always the better, she thought.



Luckily, there still have much more available seats when she entered the waiting area. She sat on a half occupied long bench while taking her novel out from her bag and placed her cookies on the left after she opened it, she loves the smell of the cookies. It is something that can make her happy all of a sudden. She searched to the page where she left off reading last time. With her eyes never intended to leave the novel on her right hand, the other hand peeked inside the cookie bag and grabbed one to put in .



Other people who walked by could see her sometimes pouting on the face, she was so serious but sometimes smiles by the funny lines she was reading, wonder what kind of story interested her so much that she forgot her whole surrounding, she was so into the book and didn't know the station got more and more crowded every minute. She didn't know just a few feet away a child was whining to his parents for an ice cream. She didn't know a couple was sharing absolutely passionate goodbye kiss right in front of her. She didn’t realize the time was running fast. Heck she didn't even know the fact she was sharing her cookies with a stranger who just sat beside...



A hand was moving to her cookies slowly, carefully not to wake up its owner from her fiction dream, in a snap one piece cookie was stolen. It repeated again the next minute, again and again until its owner realized inside the cookie bag was already empty, what the... she thought, just then she looked up and caught the person or should she say the thief was stealing with her last piece cookie still in the hand, she was speechless, as far as she remember she didn't even eat half of it for god's sake and this thief happened to steal the rest right beside her without her even noticing?



"Who are you? And why are you eating my cookie?"She stood up before throwing an icy glare to the black-haired girl who was caught red handed with her 'crime'.



The black-haired girl just stared at her in fear, dumbfounded and too scared to say anything. She was trying to think on how did the brunette realize this quick and most importantly trying to find a clue on how to fix this, but then she had an idea in her little mind, she showed her prettiest eye smile to the brunette with her hand still trembling she broke the last cookie in two pieces, offered a piece to the upset girl. It was a cute sight to see, but it just made the brunette getting angrier.



“YAH!!!!” The black-haired girl jumped from her seat from the sudden outburst. She noticed other people started to stare at them.



“I don’t know you and you ate my cookies without my permission and now what the hell you think you’re doing?” The black-haired girl gulped, didn’t expect this brunette was a really something when she gets angry, well who would have thought a hottie that looked like an angel when she smiled the moment she was reading the novel just a few minutes ago could turn to this scary? she thought as she looked at her surrounding, feeling like she wanted to grab anyone who walk by and just hide behind their back.



“YAH I’M TALKING TO YOU!” the black-haired girl shaking in fear turning back her head to the brunette. She wanted to say something but didn’t know the right words, knowing a “sorry” won’t work to settle their problem. Oh my lord save me, this angel-looked like monster is going to eat me.



“I…. I…”



“YOU WHAT?”Another deathly glare sent by the brunette showing that she's not going to forgive that poor little 'thief' even though she's pretty, too pretty for being a thief. And then she observed the black-haired girl who looked at her helplessly, her heart stiffed a bit seeing those beautiful eyes that were going to cry anytime soon.



No, no, no, Jessica Jung, you don't know her, you shouldn't pity her, you should just drag her to the police station for stealing your favorite cookies. Err, police station? It was just a cookie Jessica, no need to make a mountain out of a molehill. Jessica thought in her mind. When she was about to say something harsh to the black-haired girl suddenly an announcement interrupted, her destination train will be departed in 10 minutes.



“You’re lucky this time, just... don’t ever let me see you again.” Jessica warned after she let out a big sigh to decrease her anger. She then collecting her things before walking away leaving the latter who finally can breathe a sigh of relief.



She got in the train, not in the mood of reading again since it doesn’t distract her from thinking of what happened earlier, she decided to just sleep on her seat after putting the novel into her bag, and then her eyes widened seeing something inside her bag....


Her own unopened bag of cookies.




TBC