Fevers and Daily Routines

Baby Sehun!

Good morning, sweetie!

I’m off to take the kids to school. Breakfast is on the table, if it’s cold then just heat it up a little. I’ll see you at lunch time!

Don’t be late for work <3~

Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol yawned and pocketed Baekhyun's blue note that he read on the table. Next to where the message was, was a plate of breakfast: eggs, bacons (no innuendos please) and toast. Baekhyun had even decorated the foam on top of Chanyeol's coffee that morning.

 

It was like any other day in the Park household. Baekhyun would wake up early to bring the kids to school, taking Sehun with him (their youngest one is quite fond of watching sceneries through the window and seeing Luhan off to his class).

 

“Thank you for the meal…” He whispered to no one in particular. Chanyeol was secretly sad that he only had the chance to have breakfast with his family on Saturdays and Sundays. But it was okay, he guessed. After all, it was his fault he can never wake up as early as Baekhyun.

 

After breakfast, Chanyeol showered and got ready for work. He grabbed his suitcase, made a few phone calls and finally drove his silver BMW.

 

While driving, he made another call to a person he knew so well.

 

“Yes, Yeol?”

 

“Hi, Baekkie~ Are the boys in class already?”

 

“U-huh!” Baekhyun sounded cheerful, as usual. “Sehun and I are going to take a walk at the park for a bit. Have you left for work?”

 

His voice is so beautiful, the younger of the two thought. “Yeah, I’m on my way. Don’t forget to pack me lunch and come over later!”

 

“Right, how can I forget? I practically do it everyday for you.”

 

“Make some for Kris too! We want extra omelets.”

 

Baekhyun pretended to take notes from the other line. Sehun, who was sitting on the driver’s seat next to him (well, he was sitting on a baby chair, but oh well) stared out the window and mumbled ‘Nyaaah…’ The mother giggled at the sight, realizing that his son was yawning.

 

“Oh Yeol, what would you do without me?”

 

“Hmm, I’d die without you.”

 

***

“Honey, have you seen my tie?” Kris mumbled, eating his toast almost too quickly that he choked.

 

Zitao shook his head in amusement, handing and even doing the favor of putting the neck garment for him. “Calm down, you’ll suffocate.”

 

“I can't, I’m late!”

 

“Kris, you own the company. It doesn’t matter if you’re late. Besides, it’s only one time.”

 

Kris sighed and planted a kiss on his wife’s forehead. “I can’t afford a tardy, it’s a bad example towards the employees.”

 

Zitao watched as Kris fumbled with his shoes and noticed that his hair was still messy; it was barely combed properly. A couple of his buttons were also mixed up.

 

“Mama, let’s go to school~~” Luhan said from the dining table. He got off of his seat and grabbed his backpack with one hand, Kyungsoo’s hand with the other.

 

“Okay, okay. Come on Kris, let me fix your shirt.”

 

Kris wanted to struggle but he knew better. Zitao hated seeing messy clothes. He quietly let him fix his buttons and comb his hair and the four of them headed to the car.

 

“Baekhyun’s coming over for lunch, right?” Zitao asked, sitting on the passenger’s seat next to Kris, who, once again, was panicking over the car keys. “You need to calm down, love.”

 

“Right.” The other answered. When the car started running, Kris breathed a sigh of relief. “Yeah, he’s bringing us food. You should come too.”

 

“Sure, I’ll see if I have time. I’m going to sleep as soon as I get home.”

 

“Lazy-head.”

 

“You love me anyway.”

 

“Hmmm~”

 

Light conversations like these make the two very happy. They were never really that much of a couple with many words, unlike Chanyeol and Baekhyun. But Kris shows his affection in unnoticeable but sweet ways and Zitao couldn’t ask for a better husband.

 

They dropped Luhan and Kyungsoo off in school and met Baekhyun, who had a little chat with Zitao before driving who-knows-where. Kris then drove the car to his office and kissed his wife goodbye before disappearing inside the building, leaving him to drive the car home.

 

Overall, it was pretty much like any other mornings.

 

***

"Come on, kiddo. You’ll be late for school~” Minseok cooed Yixing, who was eating his food awfully slowly on that day.

 

“Papa… Head hurts…”

 

“Eh?”

 

Panic swarmed inside Minseok and he carefully placed his hand on Yixing’s forehead.

 

“You’re burning! Come on, let’s go to the doctor!”

 

“No… Want to sleep…”

 

“No, you need to go to the doctor so we’ll know what’s wrong! Oh, I need to get you medicine and you need to sleep and wait I need to make porridge and—“

 

Yixing’s small hand touched his father’s and he smiled weakly. “I’m okay, can you carry me to bed?”

 

Minseok just couldn’t say no.

 

He let his son sleep for a little longer and made fish porridge for lunch. He had to make sure his son gets better; he’s the only one he has right now. Every time Yixing gets sick, Minseok’s shoulders would feel extra heavy because he would then remember what happened to his wife in the past.

 

No, Yixing is strong! He will never leave you!

 

He called the school, informing that Yixing has a fever and will not be attending on that day. He told Baekhyun too, and asked him how to help him get better.

 

“Here’s what you do. Fill in a bucket with cold water and just soak a towel in it. Then place it on his forehead.”

 

“I—is that all? Are you sure? Is there anything else I can d—“

 

“Minseok,” Baekhyun’s voice was stern (which was a little weird because he was chopping carrots at that time). “He’s going to be fine. Stop worrying, okay? Joonmyunnie and I will come over later to see how he’s going.”

 

“O—O—O—Okay, thanks Baekhyun.”

 

“Don’t mention it. Never leave his side until he wakes up, okay? When he’s up, make sure he drinks that medicine I told you to order form the apothecary. Then feed him the porridge you made.”

 

The call ended and Baekhyun continued to chopped all sorts of vegetables; he wanted Chanyeol (and Kris) to start eating healthier foods. Next to him, Sehun was trying hard to peer on the table. He giggled and placed the youngest on his baby chair so he has a better view.

 

“Better, Sehunnie?”

 

“Da!” He pointed at the star-shaped potatoes Baekhyun had made using a cookie cutter.

 

“You want some?”

 

“Da!”

 

“Say ‘Ah~’” Carefully, the other placed the boiled potato in his son’s mouth. Sehun chewed happily and closed his eyes, savoring the taste.

 

“You’re so cute, Sehunnie~”

 

***

After finishing all the cooking needed, Baekhyun took Sehun to Chanyeol’s office. It was about thirty minutes to lunch time when they arrived and the secretary told them that Chanyeol had gave them the permission to enter his personal room.

 

When the door opened, papers were everywhere and on the couch were Chanyeol and Kris, arguing and raising their voices at each other.

 

Baekhyun was shocked; never had he seen his husband and Kris fight! What’s going on?

 

“We need the funds, Chanyeol! And they said yes! If we suddenly remove them they will sue us!”

 

“I don’t care! They’re working illegally! The entire contract is a lie and there must be some type of loophole!”

 

“They’re not working illegally! It’s just—“

 

“Ahem.”

 

The two men who were practically about to hit each other turned their attentions to Baekhyun, who was standing there with a giant box, little Sehun hiding behind his back.

 

“B—Baekkie.”

 

“Ba—Baekhyun.”

 

Said man placed his hands on his hips, looking rather not amused. “What’s all this about? Rising your voices at each other?”

 

Kris and Chanyeol looked at each other and sighed, almost at the same time. They fixed their sitting positions and tried to avoid eye contact.

 

“Now, apologize to each other. Remember how we used to be back when we were teenagers? I don’t know what happened, but you are old enough to know better.”

 

Another eye contact was accidentally made and the two fathers mumbled their apologies. Baekhyun smiled, carrying Sehun and laying him on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

“Nyoo~” Sehun snuggled to his dad’s chest.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehunnie. Did we scare you?”

 

“Da…”

 

Next to them, Kris felt a wave of guilt. He didn't mean to fight with Chanyeol like that… It’s just that they recently found out that their sponsor for their new project is working with a few illegal sites and most likely mafias. Kris didn’t want the company to be sued so he told Chanyeol not to cancel the business plan too quickly—instead they need to find a laywer who can get them out of this mess calmly.

 

“I—I’m sorry I yelled at you. I didn’t mean to. I was just—“

 

“—worried?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Me too, sorry for screaming…”

 

***

Zitao came about twenty minutes later and the four had lunch together. Baekhyun’s cooking was getting better and better and everyone ate happily, forgetting about the project problems for a while.

 

As he watched the others eat, Baekhyun fed Sehun his lunch; ham and cheese sandwiches in the shape of a bunny. When they all finished he packed all the boxes and told them he had to head home, he promised Minseok to visit Yixing who has a fever. Zitao also left because he needed to pick up the kids from school.

 

“Yixing is ill?”

 

“Yeah, he had a fever this morning.”

 

“Poor thing…” Zitao responded. “I remember this one time when Kyungsoo had a fever. He couldn’t get out of his bed for days…”

 

“Fevers are scary, all right.” Baekhyun replied, grabbing his car keys. “Wanna come over with us to his house?”

 

“I can’t, Luhan has math lessons at home today. But do tell him I said get well soon, yeah?”

 

“Of course!”

 

***

“What!?”

 

“Calm down, Joonmyunnie. Yixing only has a light fever now, I already called his dad. He’ll be fine.”

 

Joonmyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Next to him, Baekhyun could see that Jongdae wasn’t feeling very calm either.

 

“Pretty hyung is sick!?”

 

“Yes, but he’s feeling better now.”

 

“Umma drive faster!”

 

“Calm down, you two. I’m driving as fast as I can. Now watch Sehun and don’t let him fall of the seat.”

 

Jongin had received the permission to go home with Kyungsoo so he can play with him while Luhan is studying math. Baekhyun was secretly glad that Zitao offered—the idea of having three kids complaining over Yixing’s sickness and his slow driving instead of just two bothered him.

 

When they arrived at Minseok’s house, Joonmyun and Jongdae practically raced towards the entrance and banged the door really hard. From behind them, Baekhyun carried Sehun and rolled his eyes.

 

“They have a bell, you know.”

 

The door fumbled open and out came Minseok, sweaty and panicked (as expected.)

 

“Oh, Baekhyun! You’re here! Please, come in!”

 

“Uncle, is Yixing okay?”

 

“Is pretty hyung still not feeling well?”

 

“Oh, his fever went down… But I’m still concerned.” Minseok scratched his head and let everyone in. the house was still clean, as always. But Baekhyun sensed a strong aura upstairs.

 

Joonmyun and Jongdae ran up, almost tripping, and headed to Yixing’s room, followed by Minseok. Baekhyun didn’t want him to get Sehun sick, though. So he waited patiently downstairs. Minseok came back not long after and they striked a conversation.

 

***

“Hyungie! Are you okay?”

 

“Where does it hurt?”

 

“Have you eaten?”

 

“Drink your medicine!”

 

Questions were thrown all over Yixing’s face that he panicked. The Korean words were a little too much for his small head. He started to get dizzy and ended up muttering ‘No! No no no no no!”

 

Almost instantly, Joonmyun and Jongdae stopped. The Chinese boy sighed in relief and patted the two small spaces next to him.

 

“Come here and lie down with me! I feel so much better now that you’re here.”

 

Yixing extended his arms towards Jongdae. He secretly wanted to spend time with Joonmyun, but he knew how lonely Jongdae was. He considers Jongdae a sweetheart that deserves more attention. Before he knew it, Jongdae sees him and a motherly figure that can always protect him. Joonmyun was jealous at the attention his brother was getting, but he knew better than to sulk. The three ended up cuddling and Jongdae fell asleep not long after.

 

“Joonmyunnie?”

 

“…”

 

“Are you ignoring me?”

 

“…”

 

Yixing put on his best sad voice. “I thought I was your princess…”

 

“You are!”

 

Joonmyun immediately covered his mouth embarrassment as Yixing giggled, patting Jongdae’s sleeping .

 

***

Downstairs, Baekhyun had a conversation with Minseok regarding his son. Minseok explained that Yixing was already feeling better, however the boy is quite physically weak. Hence Baekhyun is now giving him healthy lifestyle tips and diets.

 

“Vegetables and fruits must be consumed daily. Don't let him exercise too much, his muscles might not be able to take it.”

 

“Ah~ Yixing likes playing soccer lately…” The single father mumbled.

 

“Your son sounds like the perfect housewife though. He’s gentle and sweet. And housewives don’t need to stay outdoors so much.”

 

“No no no! The thought of Yixing getting married makes me sad… He’s the only one I have!”

 

Baekhyun laughed. “I’m pretty sure he’ll still take care of you despite being married someday in the future. He’s a sweet boy. I’d let him marry Joonmyun. Would you?”

 

“Maybe, I’m not going to let Yixing go to just anyone. At least I know you, so Joonmyunnie is definitely qualified.”

 

Their conversation became lighter and lighter and soon it was time to go. Sleepy Jongdae and Joonmyun bid Yixing goodbye and they went home with Baekhyun and a sleeping Sehun.

 

***

“Yeol, can you pick Jonginnie up on the way back? He’s at Zitao’s.”

 

“Sure! Are you on the way nome now? How’s Yixing?”

 

“He’s feeling better. Are you still arguing with Kris?”

 

“Nah, we sorted things out. It’ll be handled by experts.”

 

The idea of Chanyeol and Kris not arguing anymore made Baekhyun feel light in the heart. He never liked fights. As much as possible he wants everyone to get along.

 

“That’s good. I’ll see you, later. What do you want for dinner? I can go shopping before I get home.”

 

Chanyeol took a minute to think and he finally blurted out his (and surprisingly his kid’s) favorite dish. “Cream stew!”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

***

Kyungsoo waved his tiny hands towards the BMW car where his best friend just went into. Next to him, his brother was holding his hand. “Bye Jonginnie!”

 

“Bye, Pororo hyung! Bye Luhan hyung!”

 

“Bye!”

 

Luhan had finished his math lessons early and watched television with Jongin and Kyungsoo and they ended up eating tons of popcorn. Zitao panicked a little, he didn’t want to get any of the kids sick. So what he did was offer (force) them to drink a giant glass of water, threatening that if they don’t finish it Santa Claus won’t come for this upcoming Christmas.

 

After Jongin had been picked up by Chanyeol, he started making tonight’s dinner: Bulgogi and Bimbimbap. While the oil is heating up in the pan, the mother of two took the opportunity to give his husband a call.

 

“Honey?”

 

“Hey, are you on your way home?”

 

“Yeah, work got a bit complicated today. But it’s all good. What’s for dinner?”

 

Zitao tilted the pan around so that the oil would be distributed equally before answering. “Korean traditional meal courtesy of yours truly~” He grinned.

 

Kris laughed from the other line. “Can’t wait.”

 

***

Yixing just gotten a warm bath and was drying his hair when Minseok came in with a bowl of cream chowder and small breadsticks. The boy sat happily, knowing that it was time for his meal. His father always had the best cooking.

 

“Time to eat! Say ‘Ah~’”

 

“Ahhh~”

 

Glomp.

 

“It’s yummy!”

 

“Of course it is! I made it after all.” Minseok patted himself on the chest, proud of his creation.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat too, papa?”

 

“I’ll eat after you eat. Get some more rest, okay? Your temperature has gone down and you’ll be fine soon.”

 

“Oh, I know!” Carefully, Yixing grabbed the bowl and plate from his dad and placed them on the edge of the bed. “Let’s eat together!”

 

“E—Eh?!”

 

“Take your food here so we can eat together!”

 

What a considerate little angel… Minseok thought. Yixing really was the best son he could ever ask for.

 

***

“More please!”

 

“Me too!”

 

“Da!”

 

The kids (and Chanyeol) were like in an epic eating competition, they were eating multiple plates of cream stew and Baekhyun was just …confused. How can someone eat so much? He was trying to both feed Sehun and get them more stew at the same time (but then eventually gave up and told them to get it themselves.)

 

The twins finished their second plate and smiled happily. “Thank you for the food, umma! This is the best!”

 

“No problem, babies. Do me a favor and dump it in the sink?”

 

“Okay!”

 

Dinner went smoothly and everyone was full (except for Chanyeol who almost vomited after his fifth plate.) Joonmyun helped the twins with their homework and Baekhyun cleaned Sehun off before putting him into his pajamas.

 

“Baekkie?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

Three little words.

 

The three little words made Baekhyun turn around, forgetting his obligation to Sehun for a minute.

 

“What?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“…”

 

“Heehee.”

 

“Why all of the sudden?”

 

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the smaller’s waist, placing his chin on his head. “No reason. Just wanted to say it.”

 

“Well,” Baekhyun turned around, planting a peck on his beloved’s lips. “I love you too.”

 

“Da!”

 

“And Sehun loves you too.”

 

***

Zitao stared at his food, worshipping it. He was extra nice that day that he placed them on pretty plates and set out pretty spoons and forks he had been saving for a long time. There was no special occasion, he just wanted to make his family happy. A kiss on the cheek ruined this trail of thoughts and he smiled at the warmth emitting from it.

 

“Hungry?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Well, the food’s all done.”

 

“But I was thinking of eating something else…”

 

“Huh?” He questioned. “Kris?”

 

It took Zitao six solid minutes to finally grasp what the other meant. He playfully slapped Kris’ chest and told him to sit down.

 

“Kids, dinner time!”

 

And just like that, Kyungsoo and Luhan appeared from the staircase with their hungry tummies. They said their prayers and started to feast.

 

“It’s been a while since he had something Korean…”

 

“Thank you for the food, mama!”

 

The atmosphere felt nice, Zitao noted. He was very thankful of his family. Never in his life would he ask for more.

 

But really, a loving husband, caring children, a wonderful home, who would ask for more?

 

***

 

A/N: SURPRISEEEEEE! /throws confetti bet you didnt see this one coming yeah? :3 enjoy! i wanted to do daily routines and stuff like that, i think its a little rushed but i kinda like it ^-^

um, shameless promotion here. do you guys know the mini-luhan.gif thing on tumblr? i made a story based on that, but it's Mini-Jongin (just because i love jongin and kaisoo so much asdfasdgas idek). if you like fluffy and ty stuffs like that, then please have a look :3 and check out Jongin and Jongdae being idiots too if you havent~ have a great day! <3~