Little Deer

Baby Sehun!

 

Zitao and Kris met for the very first time when they were both in Elementary school. The two were both from China and were friends though one was older than the other. Their first meeting was at their school’s celebration of International Artists day on the 25th of October (Kris remembers perfectly because there was a drawing competition he joined and –of course—lost). On his way to the bathroom, Kris saw a crying boy, hugging his knees and his small hands covering his face. Being the good ‘older brother’ he was, he went to him and asked what’s wrong. Come to think of it, he can still recall his very first conversation with Zitao.

 

“Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?”

 

The little boy hiccupped three times –yes, he counted—and wiped his tears with his small hand. “I lost my doll…”

 

“Where did you last see it?”

 

“Mr. Snuggles was with me just now but when I turned around he’s not there! He’s kidnapped!”

 

Kris would smile about the talk of Mr. Snuggles every now and then. He still teases Zitao about it. That little doll is a property of their first son, Luhan, now.

 

“How does Mr. Snuggles look like?” He asked the little boy again. “I’ll help you look for him!”

 

“Really!?”

 

Kris could’ve sworn he saw the other’s eyes twinkle.

 

“Of course!”

 

“Mr. Snuggles is a panda, but he’s no ordinary panda, he knows Wushu! I taught him!”

 

The two then started their quest in search of the Wushu-skilled-not-so-ordinary-panda-doll. After the end of their adventure around the school (turns out the doll was in his new friend’s cubby hole because he dropped it earlier and the teacher decided to be nice and return it), Kris learned that his name was Zitao and he’s known to be really shy and protective of Mr. Snuggles.

 

When Zitao reached his second year of Middle School and Kris reached his in High, he announced that he was leaving for Canada. This, of course, broke Zitao’s heart. The two had been good friends ever since the incident and Zitao, being the shy boy he is, would always follow Kris around and look for him for protection.

 

“Ge! Do you have to go?” The younger of the two asked, a glint of sadness more than obvious in his eyes. He clutched on the hem of his uniform and looked down, trying to stop his tears from falling.

 

Kris’ heart swelled at the sight. He didn’t want to study abroad either, mainly because he had started to grow feelings for Zitao.

 

“I’m sorry…” Was all he could say. “But I’ll come back for you, Zitao. I promise!”

 

After a moment of silence, Zitao held up a pinky and was responded with Kris’ confused face.

 

“Pinky swear?”

 

Oh.

 

“Yes, pinky swear.” He replied, intertwining their smallest fingers together.

 

***

Kris smiled to himself as he continued to wash the dishes. Next to him, Luhan gave his father a confused look.

 

“Papa, why are you smiling like that?”

 

“Oh, no reason.”

 

Kris turned his head around to see Zitao cradling Kyungsoo while the two were watching TV. They look so cute together; all huddled up like a koala and its baby. The scene made Kris smile.

 

“Papa, you’re scary.” Luhan muttered in English in order to grab Kris’ attention. He laughed and patted his son’s head. Shrugging at his father’s weird actions, Luhan continued to dry the dishes with the cloth Zitao prepared earlier.

 

***

When Kris came back from Canada, Zitao was in his last year of High School. Their reunion was by accident because when Kris arrived in China he had no idea how to find Zitao.

 

Kris liked to call it a sweet serendipity.

 

He was buying coffee while thinking of the other when someone bumped onto him, spilling the hot Americano all over the floor. Kris was about to yell at the person but his eyes met a tall boy with black jet hair and alluring eyes.

 

“Zitao?”

 

“G –Ge? You’re back!”

 

Afterwards the two spent most of their time together. Kris helped Zitao study for his exams alongside continuing his last semester. His parents wanted him to finish his course in Canada but Kris missed Zitao so much and had to come back. His parents finally agreed but stayed in Canada and gave Kris the keys to their house back in China.

 

Kris confessed to Zitao a week before his graduation and Zitao said yes; saying that the only reason he was still single though he was extremely good-looking (“So, are you dating anyone, Zitao?” “Nah. No one.” “Liar. You’re good-looking, why not find someone?” “Haha, I know I’m handsome.”) was because he was waiting for Kris to come back. They shared their first kiss after Zitao’s graduation and that was when he announced that he wanted to travel. He told Kris that while he was gone there was an exchange student from Korea named Byun Baekhyun that stayed for a couple of years to learn Mandarin. He promised this new friend of his that he’d travel to Seoul and hopefully attend the same university as him.

 

After talking to both sides’ parents, the two packed their things and migrated to Seoul, Korea. Kris and Zitao who had taken part-time jobs back in China –alongside the money their parents inherit to them—bought a small, cosy apartment. Zitao introduced Kris to Baekhyun and his boyfriend, Chanyeol and the four got along really well.

 

Kris proposed to Zitao (after being forced by Chanyeol and threatened by Baekhyun that if he didn’t propose soon he’ll cut his balls off) on the top of Namsan Tower, asking Zitao if he was willing to put on a lock with him there (he learned from Chanyeol that if a couple puts a lock on the gate they will be together forever) and the younger said yes, crying and hugging him like there’s no tomorrow.

 

***

“Congratulations, it’s a boy.” The doctor smiled and showed the puny creature to Kris, who cried. My first son, he thought and took the baby from the doctor’s hand. Zitao had fainted from the insane labor he went through and was carried to the VIP room Kris had booked.

 

The nurse took the baby away for proper cleaning and measurement of length and weight before he gets sent to the mother. Understanding, Kris followed after Zitao and stayed there until he woke up.

 

About two hours later, Zitao opened his eyes to see his baby boy, all clean and sound asleep. He almost cried out of happiness but then felt the pain down his lower regions and immediately found another reason to cry. Kris carried the small human to his wife’s embrace and Zitao immediately cradled him.

 

“Say something to your son, love.”

 

“Uhm… Hi…”

 

Zitao’s awkwardness was one of the reasons why Kris loves him so much.

 

“I’m your mama, Zitao. And your name is—“

 

“Luhan.”

 

“What?”

 

Kris wanted to smack his head for voicing out his own thought. He wanted Zitao to choose the name because he knew his wife would be upset if he didn’t. However, Kris secretly wants to name his son Luhan, it was one of his personal legends. It was mainly because of that one trip with Zitao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol to a ski resort during Christmas where he saw a group of reindeers. Many people surrounded the flock to take pictures and Zitao dragged him to line up to get their photograph taken as well.

 

“N –Nothing, nevermind.”

 

“Wufan,” Zitao started, not amused by his husband’s somewhat lame behavior. This made Kris shiver, Zitao only uses his real name when he’s upset. “What did you say our son’s name was?”

 

“Uh… Well… I wanted to name him Luhan…” Kris answered, embarrassed. “B –But it’s up to you, really! I just—“

 

“Then his name shall be Luhan.”

 

“I –What?”

 

“Luhan~” Zitao cooed his son and Luhan suddenly opened his doe eyes. Squealing, the younger called his husband to see. Kris, dumbfounded, walked over and saw the look in his son’s eyes and felt like his heart was at peace. He smiled.

 

“Luhan.”

 

***

Baekhyun came that evening, his baby bump slightly noticeable, with Chanyeol. They had a giant box with them wrapped in a pretty, baby boy sailor pattern.

 

“Congratulations, Zitao! Kris!” The pregnant one sing-sang, hugging Zitao who was eating dinner. “What’s his name?”

 

“Thank you! His name is Luhan.” The other answered. He then told Kris to call the Nursery room to bring Luhan in.

 

“Oh my goodness, he’s so cute! His eyes are so big…” Chanyeol commented when Luhan arrived. Kris took the baby in his arms and handed him to Baekhyun who wanted nothing but to carry him.

 

“I hope our son will be as cute as him.” The shorter commented.

 

Zitao took his glass of hot tea and drank it. “Of course he will, Baekkie. You and Chanyeol have good genes.”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stayed for a few more hours and finally decided it was time to end the day. They bid their farewells unwillingly (“I still want to play with Luhan!”) and left.


“Well, I’m really tired. Good night, honey.” Zitao hummed, closing his eyes. Luhan was sent back to the Nursery room so the nurse can observe his development for the first few days.

 

Kris nodded and lied on the sofa, his new bed for the next few days. A minute passed and he heard Zitao’s faint snore.

 

“I love you, Zitao.” He whispered, closing his eyes, a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

 

A/N: bet you didnt see this one coming! haha~ its mostly narrative, so im sorry ;~; but i hope you enjoy it! i really want to do a chapter dedicated to kris' family so hopefully i can do it! and thank you for 100 subscribers i love you all /hugs

oh, and here's what i mean by the namsan tower locks thingy: