Baekhyun's Thoughts

Cookies

 

The bell rang indicating lunch break which meant a temporary freedom for the students. It still stunned him how in just a few seconds the cafeteria will be crowded by hungry and loud humans. The deafening sounds of clattering, clinking and chattering made him sick for an unknown reason. Soon, he had enough. He stood from his usual seat at the corner and walked away quickly leaving the confused Chanyeol and Suho behind.
 
The hall was empty except for some students roaming around aimlessly trying to search for some peace stored somewhere in the school building which he never found yet. 
 
Why did he attend this college at first place? Oh, yes, of course it involved someone who destroyed his senses without even knowing him. At time like this, he felt like an idiot. How could he fell for a stranger at first glance at some bunnies festival? Moreover, that stranger loved panda and obsessed with Gucci at a very dangerous level of rationality. He truly couldn't find an answer but people said nothing is logic when it comes to love. And yes, logic was unaccepted for his case from the moment he laid his eyes at the boy.
 
---
 
 
"Why are we here again, hyung?" Baekhyun asked while observing his surroundings. Bunnies and plushie toys are everywhere. Pretty, cute and colourful characters stared back at him with their round adorable unblinking eyes.
 
"We are here because I need to find the best out of the best unicorn plushie for Lay," Suho dragged him to the nearest booth and started inspecting all the unicorns available there. Of course it's because of his boyriend Lay. Everything for Suho is about Lay. Why couldn't he be with someone too? At times like this he felt so lonely. It's not like he's not happy for his hyung, it just that the fact he could be happy with a person he loves annoyed him in some way and he hated feeling it. It makes him feel guilty. 
 
They had been wandering around the festival for almost 2 hours and yet no unicorn is appealing enough for Suho. He's sick of unicorns by now. What the different anyway? They're all the same. Just buy one and get yourself over it. He wanted to scream the statement to Suho but seeing his troubled face made him felt pity for the older.
 
"Let's go in here hyung. Perhaps we could get what you want here," Baekhyun scanned the tiny store and searched for unicorns. And that's when he saw him. In the midst of the various sizes of pandas, there's a boy who resembles them hugging and choosing the best panda. He looks so cute and adorable. 
 
His heart beating rapidly and he could feel butterflies in his stomach. He didn't know why but at that moment, he knew something for sure, he's in love. He didn't knew that there's love at first sight thing, but, he believed in it anyway. Watching the majestic creation in front of him made him wondered if there's anything more beautiful than the dark haired boy. He kept staring at the nameless boy until a voice woke him up from his mid-conscious state.
 
"I found it. The best unicorn ever. Do you think Lay will like it?" Baekhyun took a glance at the unicorn and almost wanting to punch Suho in the face because he had seen the same unicorns in every store they went? Why would this be distinct?
 
"Sure he'll love it," he replied sarcastically as his eyes once again turned towards the pandas section but he was disappointed when the boy was not there anymore? Where could he find him?
 
 
 
He didn't knew if it was destiny or fate but he saw him again. At a mall. He was looking through the new limited edition of Gucci's bags collection. He was very happy with a constant smile decorated his flawless face. He realized that the passersby must be thinking that he's out of his mind as he did nothing but kept staring. His face must be very funny right now.
 
His thoughts were interrupted when a tall, blonde man approached his heart throb. He suddenly felt very small seeing the closeness between the both of them. He started asking many questions, some of them didn't even make any sense. 
 
Who is he?
 
Is that his brother?
 
Boyfriend?
 
Lover?
 
Husband? Wait! What?
 
He really needed to get his mind straight. He gathered whatever left inside of him and ready to confront the person who gave his heart a majestic feeling. But, his steps went to a halt when the blonde tucked the boy's arm under his and walked away. He was disappointed and his heart broke a bit without him noticing.
 
 
 
Coincidence or not, he saw the boy for the third time leaning against the wall near the entrance of K College. His uniform was a little messy and his tie was loose. He seems to undergo a transformation in Baekhyun's eyes. How could a cheerful happy panda changed into a rather bad boy type when he saw blood on the boy's sleeve. He wanted to go to him. Talk to him. Tend him. Care for him. He decided enough is enough. He should go and get his dilemma settled.
 
He took a deep breath and as he was about to go to the boy, a car stopped in front of the him and he went in to the passenger sit. 
 
From the driver seat, the same blonde man was there ecxept, instead a smile, a deep frowned painted on his face.
 
Baekhyun knew nothing, but... the man seemed more than a friend to his crush. His heart broke without him knowing.
 
 
 
TBC