Chapter 6

Ice cold

 

 

She seemed very shocked at my bold confession, and looked at me with wide eyes. She stared me down for a moment, looking me deeply in the eyes. She sighed deeply, and then spoke up.

 

“You really think that you can love me? I'm disgusting. When it all comes down to it you won't be able to look at me later.”

 

“I don't care about your curse or anything like that. Your appearance is beautiful, but I like you for what I see on the inside. Your sister is right, you really are like a strong princess who saves the day.”

 

“I don't have time to listen to your bull!” She had raised her voice quite a bit, and a could see she was trembling with her fists clenched tightly. I sat down on the edge of the bed, and continued to her hand hoping to calm her down.

 

“It's not! It's how I really feel. I'm your friend, and I wouldn't lie to you. Please give me a chance. I want to give you the love you've never received..”

 

“Just....stop looking at me.” She her side, so I couldn't see her anymore. I turned her back to face me, and she glared at me angrily. I hadn't seen her look at me this way since they day we met. I reached for her hand, and swiped it out of my reach.

 

“What?”

 

“You're giving me that pitiful look my parents, and Jessica did years ago! They felt sorry for me, so they forced themselves to say nice things, and pretended to love me. You're no different from them!”

 

“You're wrong. You're not always right about everything you know that? You can call me a liar all you want, but my feelings won't change. I'm not going to give up on you until you accept my feelings. Yell, and scream all you want...I won't budge an inch.”

 

“So, you're saying you won't be embarrassed of me? To be seen with someone whose cursed?” Her voice had gotten softer, and it sounded saddened. I think she was just afraid that I would leave her based on appearance only. I wasn't shallow like that though.

 

“I'll proudly tell people about our relationship openly. I've nothing to be embarrassed about.”

 

“Hmph. Then, I'll go out with you.” My heart skipped a beat, and my eyes lit up. I squeezed her tightly, and she pulled away abruptly with a somewhat reddened face. I rubbed up her arm, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She growled lowly, and attempted to push me away. I stayed glued to her side.

 

“I knew you liked me!”

 

“I was told a long time ago that an angel would grace me with her presence, and when I saw her I would know. When you see her don't you ever let her go they said, so I made you my servant.”

 

“What??”

 

“I saw you in the restaurant window, and I knew you were the one.”

 

“S-Soojung...”

 

“I b-believe it because...only an angel could look at me the way you do.” Her voice cracked, and I could see tears streaming out of her left eye. Seeing her that way made me feel emotional, and my eyes began to well up with tears as well. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, and held her as tight as I could. She buried her face into the crook my neck, and I felt small tears start to stain my skin. I rubbed her lower back in an attempt to quell her tears. I leaned down, and whispered softly in her ear.

 

“I was born to love you.” She squeezed me tightly after hearing it, and we laid there holding each other. I waited there patiently for her tears to stop falling, and once they did the room was silent. I gazed down at her to see that she had cried herself to sleep. I closed my eyes, and let myself get taken away into a world of dreams. I dreamt about the day her, and I met in the restaurant. I awoke sometime later to see her sitting up in bed reading some sort of book. The bandages from the right side of her face were gone along with any trace of scars, but her right arm was still bandaged. Was I curing the curse?

 

“What do you want to do today?” I asked, and she looked at me with a bored expression. I noticed that was wearing glasses today. I found it a bit unusual since I had never seen her wear them before, but they looked really cute. She pushed them up more, and looked back down at her book.

 

“You know I can't do much. You should go to school.” Ahh. That's right. I totally forgot about having school, especially after what happened between us last night. I looked over at the clock on the nightstand, I still had thirty minutes before school started. I yawned, and removed myself from her comfortable bed. I walked towards the large white doors, and waved with my biggest smile.

 

“Alright....I'll be back after school.”

 

“Bye..” She said in an almost whisper. It sounded as if she were disappointed I was leaving. I went down the large amount of stairs, and yawned once more. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I was surprised to see Amber holding out my school bag, and a plate of toast. I took them, and thanked her, but she only glared at me. I think she was really starting to warm up to me! The limo took me to school as it usually did now, but people at school still stared at me like I was a freak when I emerged from it. I guess it was a bit weird that someone who was poor like me was now taking a limo to school. I got to class, and sit in my usual spot next to Jiyoung, but she didn't look very happy to see me.

 

“Jinri, you never talk to me anymore. I thought we were best friends.” She frowned, and pulled out her notebook for class. I did the same, and she flicked my forehead out of anger. I saw her stick her tongue out at me, and I rolled my eyes.

 

“We are. I'm just busy these days. I'm sorry...”

 

“Hang out with me after school if you're really sorry.” I knew she would say something like this. You know I'm getting really good at predicting what people will say these days. Maybe, it's not only the Im family who has secret powers, but me too. Just kidding.

 

“I already have plans.”

 

“With whom?”

 

“Well, I...I'm in a relationship.”

 

“With some rich right?”

 

“What!? Don't you ever call her that again!” I death glared her, and grabbed her by the collar just like Amber had usually done to me. Her eyes widened, and the class began to chant 'fight fight fight'. I released her collar, and everyone began to boo us. Jiyoung didn't say anything after, and seemed almost scared that I had practically attacked her like that. I looked at my notebook, and started doodling.

 

“Hmph. It's a bit obvious when a limo picks you up everyday after school.” She finally responded. She sounded a bit jealous, which surprised me. I figured it was because of the rich part. Jiyoung had always had an obsession with being rich, or marrying into a rich family. It bothered me sometimes how greedy she could be, but I didn't let it stop us from being best friends.

 

“You two should meet. She's lonely, and could use some more friends.”

 

“You're dating a girl!? Wow...you've changed...”

 

“So what? You have a problem with that?”

 

“I don't really approve of this, but as your best friend it's my job to make sure this girl of yours is suited for you. Arrange a time, and we shall meet.” I knew that was her odd way of saying that she cared about me. I don't get why she was so against me being with a girl a though, it was kind of pissing me off. I wasn't going to let her opinion get in the way of my relationship though.

 

“I'll talk to her about it today. I'm sure she'd be happy to meet my bestest friend in the whole world.”

 

“Are you really happy though?”

 

“Yeah, happier than I've ever been.”

 

“They were right about you.”

 

“Huh?” She got up from her desk, and walked out of the classroom without responding to me. It was really strange, it was like she has somewhere else to be. It wasn't like her to skip classes, she was always on time unlike me. She was popular, and had great grades too. Maybe, she had to go to the bathroom. I shrugged it off, and watched our teacher enter the classroom. I flipped to an empty page in my notebook, and prepared myself to listen for today's lecture.

 

 

--Im Estate

 

“You know they say if you clip an angel's wings, it won't be able to fly anymore.”

 

“Huhuhuhu. Are you intending to do that Tiffy?”

 

“I won't have to. You know Jessica will do it for us.”

 

“Ah. That's right. She won't let the same thing happen to Soojungie-chan again will she?”

 

“Correct. Then, we'll have our sacrifice.”

 

“Won't we need both of them for that Tiffy?”

 

“They'll be together. Besides, you already confirmed she was the one when you said your magic wasn't working.”

 

“Huhuhuhu. How much longer will it take you think?”

 

“No longer than one month.”