Chapter 7

Ice cold

 

 

The school day ended, and I hadn't talked to Jiyoung after she mysteriously vanished. It worried me a bit, but I didn't let it bother me too much. I missed Soojung, and was really eager to see her again. The limo took me back to the mansion as usual, and I saw Amber talking on the phone when I entered. It was a bit unusual for her, and it seemed like a serious call. I brushed past her quickly to avoid interrupting, and climbed the massive stairs to Soojung's room.

 

She was still reading, but a different thicker novel this time. She stared at me for a split second, and went back to reading. I laid beside her, and rested my head on her shoulder. She had no reaction, and kept reading. I attempted to read a page from the novel, but it didn't peak my interests at all. I closed my eyes, and started to drift off until I remembered that I told Jiyoung I would arrange a meeting for her to meet my love.

 

“Do you want to meet my best friend? She's interested in meeting you!” I turned her face towards mine, and her expression soured. I guess I shouldn't of expected anything less, she is pretty anti social.

 

“Hmph. I don't have any interests in meeting people.”

 

“Why are you wearing glasses today?”

 

“The curse got to my right eye, so I can't see out of it today.”

 

“Are you going to be ok?”

 

“Is all you ever do ask questions!?”

 

“Fine, I'll just go home. You don't seem to want me here.”

 

“Don't be a brat.” She muttered, and pulled my body into her lap. I snuggled against her letting myself get comfortable in her arms. She was surprisingly warm today, and I couldn't help, but lean against her. She didn't bother to hold me or anything, she just resumed reading her book. It must have been either really good, or she was still shy.

 

“Oh! I like this.”

 

“Hmph. You're becoming too spoiled.”

 

“No, you're just becoming attached to me.”

 

“Tch! Why would I?”

 

“Deny it all you want, it's written all over your face. Act tough, and mean all you want, you're just a big softie on the inside.”

 

“Don't group me with the likes of you!”

 

“Shh..no more arguing.” I held her cheeks in my hands, and planted a tender kiss on her lips. I felt her kiss back, and I pulled away with a look of satisfaction across the my face. Her cheeks were stained red, and she covered her face with the novel. I pulled the book down, and kissed her again, more passionately this time. She finally put the book down, and held on to my hips. We heard the door creak open, and we both pulled away at the speed of light. A familiar voice was heard, and suddenly I was on guard.

 

“Huhuhu. What is going on in here?”

 

“Yoona! You get out of here!” I shouted as harshly as I could, trying to sound some what intimidating. I don't think it worked too well.

 

“It's me Amber.” She stepped into the room, and Soojung threw her thick novel at Amber's head. Amber winced from the blow, and rubbed the back of her head. I never guessed that the always angry body guard was a prankster too. She seemed way too serious to fit that kind of criteria.

 

“You idiot. I'm going to hurt you more later.” Soojung growled lowly, and Amber groveled immediately. She got up off of the ground, and bowed again in apology. She brought the novel back over to Soojung, and was whacked over the head with it before she took it back.

 

“My deepest apologies princess...there is a guest waiting for you. Some girl named Jiyoung.” Amber walked towards the door, and waited to open it. I figured that Jiyoung was behind that door.

 

“What? How'd she get here?” I raised an eyebrow in confusion. She didn't even know where the mansion was, or did she follow me home somehow? It was certainly strange, and I didn't even tell her that it was ok yet.

 

“Bring her in.” Earlier she said that she didn't want to meet Jiyoung, so why now? Perhaps, she was the type who couldn't say no to guests that appeared out of no where. I'd like to believe that was true, it did fit her character.

 

“Right away princess.” Amber opened the large white doors, and Jiyoung entered. Amber scurried away quickly as if she had somewhere else to be. My only explanation was that she didn't want to be hit with another book. Jiyoung took a moment to observe how large the room was, and then bowed politely. I was surprised to see her like this.

 

“Hello! Nice to meet you. I'm Kang Jiyoung.”

 

“Jung Soojung.”

 

“So, what makes you think you're good enough for Jinri?” Something like this right off the bat!? I thought she would be a little more considerate especially in front of someone like Soojung! She's brave, I'll give her that.

 

“Jiyoung! Stop, you're being rude.” I reprimanded, but she only smirked. I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

“I'm not good enough for anyone.” Soojung stated plainly. I could hear the sound of sadness slightly staining her voice. It pained me.

 

“So honest. If you can admit that so easily then you two shouldn't be together. Jinri, needs someone to love her, not humor her like you're doing.” Jiyoung stared Soojung down seriously, and I saw Soojung's lip quiver slightly. The words were hurting her, and reopening old wounds. They were hurting me too. I pulled Jiyoung's arm, to try to get her to leave, but she jerked away.

 

“That's not true!” I yelled in her face, but it didn't stop her one bit.

 

“You can't love someone like that. She's the type that nobody could love.” She pointed to Soojung in a rude manner, and continued talking in such a haughty manner. It really pissed me off I was about to tell her off until I heard Soojung laughed, as if she find this humorous.

 

“My dad said the same. This is why I hate people. They all say the same thing to me each time. I met your friend because you asked, but the result never changes.” She had a smile, and seeing it tore me up inside. I don't think Jiyoung would be able to notice, but I saw all of her behind that simple smile. I cringed looking at her, and turned back to Jiyoung.

 

“Why are you being like this Jiyoung? You're supposed to be supportive...” I said softly trying to hold back the tears that were starting to form. She noticed I was on the verge of crying, but continued on with her horrible speech anyways.

 

“How can I be supportive of someone like that? She's a pretty face, and that's the only reason you're still around. She's obviously too controlling! She's controlling you into having feelings for her!”

 

“Both of you leave my room. I don't want to hear it.” I dragged Jiyoung out by her arm, and slammed the doors behind us. I didn't want Soojung to have to hear this crap anymore.

 

“If you're gonna be like this, then you're not my best friend anymore!” I screeched, and she backed up a little in defense. She looked a little frightened, and I felt kind of bad for it, but I couldn't forgive her what she said. She went way too far, and probably made Soojung feel worse than ever.

 

“You've changed too much! I guess the greed has gotten to your head. You're a real gold digger, Jinri.” Without even thinking I slapped her across the face, and she stared at me stunned. I looked at her with tears streaming down my face, and turned my back to her. I had to let our friendship go.

 

“Don't talk to me ever again!” I retreated back into Soojung's room before she could respond, and locked the door behind me. I laid down on the bed, and curled up into a ball. I tried hard, but I couldn't stop the tears from pouring out of my eyes. I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my body, and we laid there quietly without exchanging any words.

 

--{Im Estate}

 

“Huhuhhu. So it was like that huh?” Yoona folded her arms, and faced the solemn looking ex best fried of Sulli. She noticed the younger girl's eyes were stained red, most likely from crying so hard. It reminded her of her older sister Tiffany whenever she was so upset over losing Jessica's friendship many years ago. She almost felt sorry for Jiyoung.

 

“She's completely different. I don't understand it at all. I just want my best friend back..” Jiyoung sighed in obvious distress. She seemed like she was regretting the words that she had spout out earlier to Jinri. She rubbed her cheek where she had been slapped, and frowned. She wondered why the girl who was often picked on as a kid was now becoming all sorts of violent. She always knew her best friend as a cry baby who was clingy, not as someone who would yell, and slap her. She felt that the only person to blame was her girlfriend, after all she was the only reason why she could of changed so fast.

“It's Soojungie-chan's fault. It's like finding an abused puppy, and caring for it. You do it because you feel sorry for it. Jinri is the same way.”

 

“That's exactly what I was thinking! That isn't love at all. She can't force herself to love someone no matter how kind she is.”

 

“Exactly. It will break her soon enough.” Tiffany entered the room with a tray of tea, and cookies. She placed the tray down on the glass table surrounding the leather couches, and sat down on the unoccupied couch. Jiyoung took a cup, and began to drink it slowly. She exhaled in relief, and continued to drink it. Tiffany smiled seeing the disheartened girl seemingly cheer up from something so simple.

 

“Huhuhu Tiffy what makes you think that?” Yoona took a cookie, and munched on while waiting for her sister's reply. Instead the door creaked open, and a familiar face entered the room. The blonde sat besides Tiffany, and looked at the cookies before replying to Yoona.

 

“You know what will happen after not long.” The blonde said, and grabbed a cup of tea. She took a sip, looking like she was in deep thought. Yoona could tell she was probably thinking about her little sister as usual. Yoona thought Jessica had a really one track mind, and a sister complex.

 

“Ooh our Jessica is here too. Huhuhu how interesting.”

 

“We've finally come to agree on something.” Tiffany smiled like she hadn't in so long. Yoona could see the sheer amount of happiness she was showing, simply because of a repaired friendship. She found it interesting, and it also made her feel happy to see her sister finally at ease again. She didn't expect Jessica to agree with them so easily. After all years ago she was the one who disagreed with what they had been planning.

 

“I'll get rid of Jinri myself. I'm not going to let Soojung suffer because of her.” Jessica spoke softly with the sound of anger slowly overtaking her calm demeanor.

 

“Huhuhu. Always the hero, Jessica.”

 

“That's right Jessie. The more they are together the more she suffers. You'll do anything to save her won't you?”

 

“What are you three planning against my best friend?? I want to get her away from that girl too.” Jiyoung glared at the three older girls who said nothing. She was beginning to feel quite left out of their little scheme. However, it didn't matter much. She knew they were close to obtaining the stone, which meant her wish would be granted. She smirked inwardly, and continued sipping her tea. Jessica coughed hard, and coughed up blood into her hand just like her little sister had back then. She looked at the blood for a moment, until Tiffany wiped it up with a handkerchief. Jessica said nothing, and fixated her gaze on the floor.

 

“Huhuhuhu. You're still like that?” Yoona teased. She knew exactly why the older Jung was in such a condition, and it amused her to no end. Jessica tore her gaze off of the floor, and shot Yoona a glare. It only made her laugh more, and Jessica growled in irritation before coughing again. She coughed up even more blood than before, and Tiffany's face twisted in agony. She knew that Jessica was dying too, and she hadn't much longer.

 

“She'll be cured soon enough. The stone is practically ours.” Tiffany stated proudly, and wiped the blood up from Jessica's palm. Jessica gripped her chest in pain, and began to sweat a little while struggling to breathe. Jiyoung looked at the strange in concern, while Yoona found it very entertaining. She wouldn't tell her sister, but Yoona thoroughly enjoyed watching the Jung's suffer. Tiffany rubbed her friend's back in concern, and Jessica coughed lighter this time with no blood.

 

“Soojung, will do whatever I say. I'll get the stone, but you must hold up your end of the bargain.” Jessica stood up from the couch, and made her way to the exit. She stumbled a little, and almost fell over while walking towards the door. She reached for the knob, and looked at a concerned looking Tiffany.

 

“Of course. You're my best friend after all.” Tiffany gave an eye smile, and Jessica nodded. She left the room, and struggled to make out of the Im estate by herself. She collapsed once she made it outside, but was lifted upwards from the help of her personal assistant, and her sister's body guard.

 

“It's time. I'll take you to the princess now.”

 

“Yes, please do Amber. My time falls short.”