Prologue

Ice cold

 

I was so happy when I awoke to her still laying against me snug in my arms. Our bodies were still from making love to each other for the first time the night before. My hands were interlaced around her waist, and her hands were on top of mine holding them tight. Our night together had been so special. I'd never once been in so in love with someone before. I've had my share of crushes, but the feelings were never intense like this. She lifted her head with a bright smile, and rubbed my hands to warm them.

“Good morning.” She pecked me on the lips, and smiled cutely after. I just couldn't get enough of her.

“Did you sleep good?” I asked, and kissed her head.

“Very good. I'm going to reward you today. Is there something you want to do, or want me to buy you? It can be as expensive as you want, you know money is no object for me.”

“Really? You mean it?” My face lit up in excitement, since I never really got presents from any one.

“ I mean it.” She nuzzled my neck, and patted my cheek.

“Hmm..can we go to the amusement park then?”

“Amusement park? I've never been to one before.”

“They are so much fun! You'll really like it.”

“If that's what you want we can do it...”

“YAY!”

It took us a few hours to actually make it to the amusement park. We'd taken a shower together before coming, and I couldn't keep my hands to myself. I'm sure you know what I mean hehe. It caused quite a delay in our plans, but the two of us didn't mind that at all. We finally go out of her limo, hand, and hand. She looked very interested at what the park had to offer. I managed to impress her by winning one of those hit the bottle games. I managed to knock all the bottles down on my first try, and won her a huge teddy bear. She looked really happy, it was so cute.

The ferris wheel came into view, and I immediately wanted to go on that ride. It was different from most ferris wheel's because it was like a tiny booth that two people could sit in, and it closed by a door. It was more private than just the open seated ones. I quickly dragged her over to the line, and waited for our turn. She watched the ride, and how it worked. I was excited to show her how romantic it could be.

It was our turn to get on, and the ride operator shuffled us into the booth before closing the door. The ride started up, and I scooted over all the way to the window. I found it amazing how high up we were going. I turned to look at Soojung, but she looked very bored, and not entertained. I shrugged, and continued watching out of the window.

“This is really cool. You have to see it!”

“Shut up and stop acting like a child!” Her voice was so cold, and harsh. She grabbed my wrist roughly, and yanked me until I was sitting in her lap. I winced a little because it was a tad painful, I don't know why all of a sudden she had gotten so angry. It's like I wasn't allowed to have fun...

“Don't be mad at me...” She said softly, and buried her face into my back. I was really confused by her sudden mood swings, and patted her thigh to calm her down.

“I'm not mad.” I looked back at her still hiding her face from me.

“You're the only thing I have that I can call my own....”

“...What's wrong?” I was started to get worried by this behavior of hers now.

“Don't leave me please..” She pulled on my jacket sleeve, and I heard her begin to softly cry. The only reason I could think of was that was she scared that I was going to take Jiyoung's suggestion seriously. My best friend Jiyoung, and I had gotten into an argument over Soojung a few days ago. She told me that I should leave her because she was too controlling. I disagreed with her. She doesn't know Soojung like I do, nobody does. She does everything for a reason, and she's fragile like glass. She needs me more than anyone else does, and I need her too.

“I'm not going to, so don't cry anymore.” I got off of her lap, and pulled her head into my own lap. I her hair softly, and hummed a random tune. It seems like just yesterday the two of us were total strangers.