#47

Do You Have What It Takes

 

When I woke up the next morning, Kyuhyun was already gone. Did he leave in the middle of the night?

"Sulyn you have to wake up now. Otherwise you'll be late for the meeting!" Mi Unnie opened the door and hollered.

"What meeting?" I asked sleepily, rubbing my eyes and yawning at the same time.

"The reality show. Have you forgotten?" Mi unnie sounded irritated.

I nodded and stumbled out of bed. So Kyuhyun must have gone to get ready. I'll see him at the company later.

***

I didn't even finish my breakfast when we arrived at the company.

"The meeting is in the second floor meeting room." Mi Unnie informed me and motioned for me to go.

I arrived at the meeting room and walked in slowly. What? Cameras? They are filming already?

I bowed and greeted the staff and the other sunbaes.
“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m 253(2SE)’s Sulyn.”

“Please take a seat.” The PD smiled sweetly and I sat down next to Hyoyeon and opposite Sooyoung.  “Do you know why you’re here?” The PD asked us.

Hyoyeon chuckled and replied. “Because we want to find love. Isn’t it? I mean this is like the first time we are actually told to date!”

Sooyoung nodded in response. “But isn’t it weird that there are only people from SM in this show? I want to get to know people from outside the company too.” She sulked.

“Shhh. Be careful. We don’t want a scandal starting. Please edit that out.” Hyoyeon whispered and the film crew laughed.

The laughter was interrupted when Sulli walked into the room. She bowed and greeted everyone.

“Isn’t Amber supposed to be here instead?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Amber had other engagements and so Sulli will be taking her place.” The PD explained.

“Isn’t Sulli too young?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Unnie, I’m 20 this year.” Sulli whined and pouted. All of us laughed in response.

“Since all four girls are here, let’s get started.” The PD smiled.
“At the same time, the four boys are having a meeting too. I think you might already know who the four boys on this show are but for the first episode, you’ll be meeting one of them randomly and go on a date with them before all of you meet up and leave for Jeju island.”

“Wow Jeju island. Are you sure this is work?” Sulli exclaimed in disbelief.

“It seems like a holiday to me.” I said softly and Hyoyeon giggled in agreement.

"So when do we meet the boys and start filming?" I asked seriously.

"Patience dear." Sooyoung giggled and the others joined in the giggling.

I nodded and smiled shyly in response.

The PD continued talking and explaining how the filming process would be and how the different pairs will be formed. "The first pairings will be decided by us for you. And the other three rounds of exchange will be decided by the choices you make. Those tasks will be revealed when actual filming starts. The official recording will start on Monday. So go home and start packing!"

***

The weekend went by quickly as we were busy with music show recordings and the live shows.

"Have you packed for the filming on Monday?" Mi Unnie asked while we were waiting for our turn on the Sunday music program.

I shook my head and shrugged sleepily.

"Just pack some things you'll need. The stylist will take care of your outfits, hair and make up so you just need to pack some necessities."

I nodded and gave a weak smile in reply.

"Don't worry Unnie, I'll help you pack when we get back later. And you'll be able to get some rest on the trip!" Emma smiled.

"I really hope so. It's my first reality show and I don't want to mess it up." I complained softly.

"You'll do great! Let's go, it's almost our turn."

***

Emma helped me pack things I'll need on my short 4 days 3 night trip and we managed to finish packing quickly.

"Thanks Em!"

"No problem, don't worry so much! You'll be fine! Kyuhyun Oppa will be there! And you'll be filming with other Sunbaes, so they'll look out for you!"

I nodded and Emma headed to bed. I plopped down onto my bed facing the ceiling and closed my eyes.

Just then, my phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Done packing?" Kyuhyun's voice sounded gentle through the phone.

"Mmm."

"Is something wrong?”

“Nope.” I replied curtly.

“I haven't heard from you for days. Except for the occasional texts." His voice was low and serious.

"I was busy with the promotions and all. I wanted to call but..." I sighed.

"Yeah, I understand. I'm just worried. How are you preparing for the show recording?" He sounded really concerned.

"I was just thinking about that. It’s my first reality show. I’m just worried about what people will think.” I sighed again.

“Don’t worry too much about the viewers! Just be yourself! That’s the most important thing. Don’t worry about anything else.” He sounded very comforting.

“Hmm. But oppa, what about the choices we have to make on the show? Aren’t you worried viewers will find out about our relationship? And aren’t you worried I won’t pick you?”

“Hahaha! Silly girl! So you were just worried about viewers finding out about us? They won’t! Hopefully we will get the chance to go on dates during the program. But it’s really up to chance. Oh and don’t let the others know about our relationship okay?”

“Why can’t they know?”

“It’s better nobody knows just in case someone accidentally says it out during the filming.”

“Okay I’ll be sure to keep it from them.”

“I’ll see you at the airport tomorrow! Just have fun and be yourself!”

I hung up the call and sighed. I closed my eyes and tried to shut out all the worries.

 

 


 

Posted on: 8th April 2013

Sorry for the really late update!
The following chapters will be about the reality program. I was inspired by the show "The Romantic & Idol" so you may find similarities to it.

Thanks for waiting and please comment ^^