#46

Do You Have What It Takes

 

After 5 minutes, I stopped sobbing but Kyuhyun was still holding me tightly.

“You must miss your parents a lot huh?”  He asked softly.

I nodded slowly into his chest.

“You don’t have to worry. I’m here. I promised abeoji that I’ll look after you and that’s exactly what I’ll do. You don’t need to worry about anything. I’ll do everything for you.” He started my head comfortingly.

“I know you will. Thank you oppa.” I smiled.

“Now, I know you haven’t eaten.” He unwrapped his arms around me and held my hand, leading me into the apartment.

“Wow. You prepared dinner?” I stared at the plates of food on dining table.

“Yup! This dinner is to celebrate your debut and it’s also somewhat an apology. I’m really sorry for everything before. I didn’t mean to get angry.” He looked really guilty.

“Oppa. It’s okay. I’m glad we cleared everything up. Let’s not talk about it again okay?” He nodded in reply. I kept looking at the food. “It looks really delicious. Did you make it all by yourself?” I sat down and the food smelled good.

“Um... I had a little help from Ryeowook Hyung...” He shyly admitted.

I giggled.

“Hope you enjoy the food! It’s only the first part of our date tonight.” He grinned mischievously.

“Date?” I tilted my head a little to the right and looked at him, confused.

He smiled and continued eating, not saying another word.

***

After dinner, we both washed the dishes together. He washed while I dried the dishes. I volunteered to wash the dishes but he refused to let me, saying that the detergent would make my skin rough and wrinkled.

“There, all done!” I said as I placed the last dish into the cupboard. I realized that Mi Unnie isn’t back home yet even though Emma’s house wasn’t far from the apartment. Could this have been Kyuhyun’s plan all along?

I turned around to find myself alone in the kitchen. Kyuhyun snuck out without me knowing? I dried my hands and went outside but I couldn’t find Kyuhyun. I heard sounds coming from my bedroom and there I found Kyuhyun fiddling with the DVD player and the TV.

He turned around suspiciously trying to hide something. He walked over and turned me around.

“Why don’t you take a shower first, change into your comfortable pajamas and then come back?” He grinned. He was obviously hiding something.

***

I took a quick shower and walked back to my room.

“Oppa. So what’s the other part of our date?” I leaned against the door frame and folded my arms across my chest.

“This is!” He came over, held my hand and led me over to my bed. “Sit down and be comfortable!” He smiled. He walked over and turned off the lights.

“What’s this all about? Is it time for bed yet? I’m tired.” I whined.

“We aren’t going to bed yet! This is part two of the date!” He pressed play on the DVD player and my favourite movie, A Cinderella Story, started playing

I pointed at the screen. “H-how did you...?” He smiled as he snuggled into my bed next to me.

“How did I know this was your favourite movie?” He asked putting his arm around my shoulders.

I nodded, still speechless.

“Being the awesome boyfriend that I am, I’ve remembered everything that you’ve told me about yourself and have recorded it all down in the space I’ve saved in my brain just for you.” He chuckled. “Enjoy the show!”

I smiled and snuggled closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

***

Although the movie was my favourite movie, I found myself falling asleep. I could feel Kyuhyun my hair and that made me feel even more relaxed. He reached for the remote and turned off the TV.

“Oppa, we were watching that.” I mumbled sleepily.

He laughed softly. “You’re almost asleep and you’re telling me you were watching that? Let’s just sleep.”

Just then, a knock on the door was heard and the door opened slowly.

“It’s late guys. Su, we have a busy day tomorrow. There’ll be another music show in the evening and they are going to start filming the reality show so there’ll be a meeting in the morning. So Kyuhyun you should get some rest too.” Mi Unnie said sternly before closing the door.

Kyuhyun helped me to lie down and covered the blanket over me. He got up to leave.

“Oppa where are you going?” I grabbed his arm tightly.

“You heard Noona, I’ve to rest too.” He reached out and my head gently.

“You can rest here. Don’t go.” I whispered, sleepily.

He chuckled. “Okay, just for tonight. Since we just made up after our little disagreement.

I giggled as he climbed into bed. I wrapped my arms tightly around him as I quickly drifted off to sleep.


Posted on: 13th March 2013