Chapter 18

A New Life

 

Denzie’s POV

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. I had to cross my eyes to see the words on my phone. In the end I gave up and just blinked, waiting for my vision to even out. I had a text not a call. I unlocked my phone and read the message.

From: ChodingHyung

‘Hey, Denzie, I hope you didn’t forget what today is?!?! Anyways we sent Myungsoo on a little adventure so hurry and get your over here.’

 

To: ChodingHyung
‘Hey hyung no I didn’t forget how could I. I’m on my way…where’d you send him?’ me and Myungsoo have been friends for a while now since the last time I came to Korea. He’s my best guy friend. He’s been in love with Sungjong forever but doesn’t have the guts to make a move. Luckily for him I do, and I plan on getting those two together before the nights over. Just then my phone buzzed.

 

From: ChodingHyung

‘we just sent him on a very long train ride to pick up one of his presents. But he doesn’t know so shush. We sent him to Busan about 2 hours ago so hurry here so we can finish decorating.’

To: ChodingHyung
‘don’t get your in a bunch I’m on my way hyung.’

I hoped in my car and drove over to Infinite’s “Hide-out”. Like I said even though the boys try to keep everything gang related a secret from me I’ll usually find out. I pressed the code on the keypad and the door clicked. I pushed it open and took off my shoes placing them neatly on the rack instead of all over the threshold like these pigs. I walked over the shoes into the main room where everyone was either hanging up something, cutting something, or wrapping something.

“Hey guys!!” I said to everyone. They all stopped what they were doing and looked over my way.

“DENZIE!!!” the screamed and tackled me to the ground.

“Owww…” they all got up and helped me up, each of them apologizing. “It’s ok, I didn’t need those ribs anyway.” We all laughed and I asked what they wanted me to help with…of course what these boys left for me to do was~ dun dun dun nan, you guessed it, cook. I had to cook. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I went to the kitchen and began preparing Myungsoo’s favorite dishes. I was in the middle of cooking his beloved Kimchi Stew, his other love besides Sungjong, when I felt hands on my shoulders. I look up and see Hoya standing there inhaling the aroma.

“My god Denzie it smells so good. Where did you learn to cook like that.”

“Cooking class.” I didn’t realize but I guess I said it as a ‘you should’ve known’ tone. He glared at me.

“I’m serious, I took a cooking class in America, and now I can just improve with whatever is in a kitchen.”

“Oh ok, well while you’re here…” he said back hugging me “…can you make some hamburgers, you know I love hamburgers.”

I turned around in his embrace and whacked him the forehead with the spatula. “YAH!!! Is it your birthday, no, it’s Myungsoo’s, when your birthday comes I will make your hamburgers, but until that time comes you will eat whatever I’ve made for L, got it.”

“Yes, Denzie.”

“Good now go sit down.” I said while rubbing his forehead where I struck him. I watched walk out the kitchen which directed my sight to a very amused Sungjong. I smiled at him “That Sungjonggie is one of many ways of discipline. If you wanna learn more, ask favi.” I said as he giggled and I turned around to finish preparing. I finished the food and set it all over the table while placed the cake that I just finished decorating in the fridge. Now all that was left to do was wait for Myungsoo to come back. He took the train so he has like 30 mins to get back from my estimate. We heard someone at the door. We got ready to jump and yell surprise but we stopped when the door opened revealing 6 people. Sungyeol the light revealing TT, I swear these groups are too close. They even know each other’s house code.

 

Sungjong’s POV

“False alarm!” Sungyeol yelled and everyone emerged from there hiding place.

“So you decided to go with my idea of a surprise party?” Ricky asked. Sungyeol nodded his head yeah before going to sit down.

“How long ago did you send him to Busan?” Niel asked, sitting himself down next to Woohyun who happened to be texting Myungsoo.

“About 5-6 hours ago, he just texted me he said he’s not that far away about 10 minutes. We should get ready.” Woohyun said.

“We are ready Woohyun-ah” Sunggyu said holding streamers and a birthday whistle. Everyone laughed.

“My god where could he be, you said he was 10 minutes away.” Dongwoo exclaimed frustrated and hungry.

“It’s only been 3 minutes hyung.” Chunji retorted. Dongwoo glared at him but softened once Chunji flashed him a smile. We waited a little longer until we heard rustling at the door.

“It’s him” Sungyeol loud whispered as everyone fled to find a good hiding spot.  

“Alright guys I got what you asked fo….why is so dark in here.” The lights came on and everyone popped out from their hiding places.

‘SURPRISE!!!!!” Myungsoo fell to the ground eyes wide open and half smiling with a scared look on his face. Everyone backed away from Myungsoo, only Denzie went to help him up.

“What’s all this?” Myungsoo said after calming down enough to speak.

“For your birthday silly.” Sunggyu hyung said with a smile ruffling Myungsoo’s hair. Myungsoo smiled and hugged his hyung. Sunggyu was startled but hugged the boy back.

“I thought you guys had forgotten all about my birthday.” He said looking down.

“Why would we forget about your birthday, were family Myungsoo.” Woohyun said, giving Myungsoo a warm smile. Myungsoo smiled and then gave Myungsoo a hug, “Group hug!!!” he shouted. A smile spread over everyone’s lips as they joined in the hug.

“Ok, I don’t wanna ruin this moment but I but I was forced to make your birthday dinner and your birthday cake and I want to see all of you eating it.” Denzie said. Myungsoo nodded and gave Denzie an individual hug. Everyone was gathered around at the dinner table full the brim with what Denzie made. I didn’t think it was possible with how much we’d already eaten but here Dongwoo was asking for more. I looked to Denzie who nodded at me and we excused ourselves from the dining room. We arrived again but this time carrying the cake that Denzie and I made. Well I was Denzie’s icing taste tester, that counts as helping right? Myungsoo eyes lit up so bright, I wanted to see him like this all the time. We sang the happy birthday song which made him blush and look elsewhere, so cute. He then blew out the candles and we all cheered. I wonder what he wished for. He cut the first slice and then we all dug in. I saw Denzie take Myungsoo into a room, I’ll admit I did feel kind of jealous, I wonder what they’re doing.

 

Denzie’s POV

“So before we give your presents I want to give you one that I know you’ve been wanting…more like needing, since forever.” I said once I closed the door.

“The new Nikon D300 camera?!?!”

“Uh no.” he had a pout on his face.

“Hang on let me go get him.” I left him there with a confused look on his face. I said I was going to get Sungjong and Myungsoo together by the end of the night and luckily, Sungjong has feelings for Myungsoo too. I grabbed Sungjong’s hand and led him to the room where I left Myungsoo. When I got there Myungsoo shot up from the bed and just stood there. I guess he was shy. Sungjong seemed to be shy too as his eyes were fixed to the floor.

“Alright now I want you Myungsoo to confess your feelings to Sungjong now.” I stated. Neither of them looked as if they were start anything, so I did. He looked at me pleading and I just shot him a ‘just do it’ glare.

“Uh Sungjong…” Sungjong looked up at the mention of his name. “Sungjong I want to let you know that I’m deeply in love with you. Ever since the day you joined Infinite I was mesmerized by every little thing you do. The way you smile, laugh, fiddle with your fingers, hell even when you brush your teeth I find it the cutest thing in the world. Lee Sungjong, will you fulfill my birthday wish and be my boyfriend.” Sungjong looked as if he were gonna cry. I simply pat his back and pushed him to Myungsoo. Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo and if I had blinked my eyes I would’ve have missed it because as fast as lightning did Sungjong peck Myungsoo on the lips. Myungsoo barely even caught, and he received it. Sungjong was smiling, and so was Myungsoo.

“So I take that as a yes?”

“Yes Kim Myungsoo, yes.” Sungjong said trying not to giggle. They both turned to me and shared a look. The next thing I knew I was tackled once again to the ground and received multiple kisses on my cheek. They both thanked me and gave me hugs. I smiled and led them out to show the world my doing. I ran to L.Joe’s awaiting arms and shouted “Present time”.

I gave Myungsoo my present first. He opened it and ran straight into my arms like I knew he would.

“OMG Denzie this is the camera I was talking about, thank you so much.” I smiled.

“The rest of the accessories and stuff are in your room on your bed have fun.” I got him his Nikon D300 camera. I knew he loved photography so voila. Ricky and Chunji gave Myungsoo his next present which was a nice acoustic guitar.

“We know you love to play but seeing as you broke the one you had before we got you this one.” Chunji said. “It even has your nickname carved on it.” Ricky chirped. We all looked and there on the side said “L” and a little saying.

“Thank you guys, I will cherish this.”

 We all smiled and proceeded with the gift giving. Everyone else gave him money because they didn’t know what else to give him. Haha. Sungjong himself was the gift so everything was fine there. Everyone decided to sleep over since it was far too late to go back anywhere. Just as we were about to go to bed Myungsoo stopped me and pulled me to the side. He wrapped his arms around me and chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because I’m happy thanks to you mostly.”

“Aww Myunggie.”

“Really thanks for the dinner, the cake, the photography set, my boyfriend, and being my best friend; I lub you Denzie.” He said using aegyo on the last part.

“Yah you Kim Myungsoo you’re gonna make me cry.” I said playfully punching his arm. He just smiled and hugged me again before parting to his bed room.

I went to the living room and snuggled with L.Joe on the couch who praised me for all I did today. He kissed me on my forehead as I peacefully drifted off to sleep when it started to get really hot. I sat up fanning myself when suddenly Woohyun came in and turned the oven off.

“Don’t forget to turn the oven off next time Denzie.” He playfully scolded me, I have a habit of leaving appliances on after I use them.

“Neh hyung I won’t.” he smiled and went back to bed. As did I.


 

Hey everyone i tried to get this done before 12 A.M but failed lol. as you all may or may not know yesterday the 13th(in america)(2 days ago in Korea) was Myungsoo's birthday, he's legal now lol. but this is just a short little fluffy filler chapter so i hope you enjoy see you next time :)