The World I Couldn't Show You - Chapter 4

The World I Couldn't Show You

Without warning the second figure attacked the boy with swift movements.  He slashed his sword with every intent to take the boy's life.  His partner stood by and watched, seemingly enjoying the show as the boy tried to evade the blade.

"So impatient you are," the first figure said to his partner.  "It would be overkill if I join in."

"I can take care of this!" stated the second figure while swiping his sword at the boy.

The first figure shrugged.  "I'll leave you to it then."  With that, he disappeared from sight.

The boy was knocked to the ground and the figure's sword was pointed at his chest.  "Why are you doing this?" the terrified boy asked.

"It's nothing personal," replied the figure.  "But you shouldn't have existed."

Just as the figure struck his sword down at the boy, he felt a presence behind him.  With his quick reflex, the figure stepped out of the way, in time to miss a blade aimed at him from behind.  The figure looked at his attacker in black leather and gloves.  His face was hidden beneath a black motorcycle helmet.

"Who the hell are you?" asked the figure angrily.

The rider looked at the boy on the ground before turning to face the figure.  "He's mine," said the rider.  "I won't let you lay a finger on him."

The figure laughed.  "What are you?  His knight in dark armour?  Trying to play hero will only get you killed!"

The figure rushed at the boy but the rider blocked his path, stepping in front of the boy.  The figure struck his sword at the rider who blocked it with his own.
"Those in my way, will have to die!" declared the figure.

"Those who harm him, I will kill," stated the rider.

The figure glared at the rider.  "You are getting on my nerves!  I'll send you both to hell!"

The boy watched helplessly as the two figures clashed swords.  He didn't understand what was happening but it seemed the rider was there to protect him.  He wondered who the rider might be.

The rider proved to be a worthy opponent.  This irritated the figure.  No matter how hard he fought, his attacks were all blocked by the rider.  In return, the rider struck his sword and slashed the figure across the arm.

The figure glanced at the gash on his arm.  He clenched his teeth in anger as blood gushed out from the wound.  "How dare you!"

The figure was ready to attack again when his partner appeared and stopped him.  "Looks like you've met your match," he said to the figure.  "Who knew a kid like that would have such backing.  We've underestimated him."

"Out of my way!" demanded the figure.  "I will kill him!"

"Not today," replied his partner.  He turned to the rider.  "Guard him well.  We'll definitely meet again."

The rider watched as the two masked figures disappeared from the scene.  He didn't give chase.  Instead, he turned his attention to the boy on the ground.  He held out his hand, offering to help the boy up.  The boy hesitated a moment.

"I won't hurt you," said the rider.

The bit his lip while he contemplated the rider's words before finally reaching out to accept his hand.

"Are you hurt?" the rider asked.

The boy shook his head.  "Who were they?  Why are they after me?"

"You don't have to worry about them, I will protect you, Woohyun," replied the rider.

The boy was surprised that the rider knew his name.  "How did you know my name?"

The rider did not reply to his question.  Instead, he reached a hand to touch the bruise on the boy's face.  "I won't let anyone hurt you again."