The World I Couldn't Show You - Chapter 3

The World I Couldn't Show You

When Sungyeol saw the bruise on the boy's face, he was shocked and demanded to know what happened.  The boy didn't want him to worry and assured him that he was fine.  Despite his arm hurting, he carried on as normal, helping Sungyeol with the orders.

When it was nearing closing time and the last customers had left, Sungyeol walked to the restroom where he found the boy looking at his arm.  The boy tried to hide it but too late.

Sungyeol walked over to him and grabbed his arm to inspect it.  "Who did this to you?"

The boy shrugged.  "Just some guys.  It's nothing."

"Why would you hide this from me?" Sungyeol asked angrily.  "What will I do if something happens to you?"

The boy was taken aback by Sungyeol's angry tone of voice.  He looked at Sungyeol and smiled bitterly.  "You don't have to worry about me so much," he said.  "I'll stay with you for as long as I am able to."

Sungyeol's anger dissipated upon hearing the boy's words.  His eyes brimmed with tears as he pulled the boy into his embrace.  "I won't let you leave me," he declared.  "Please don't leave me." 

Sungyeol held the boy's chin and lifted his head so that their eyes met.  He slowly leaned down and kissed the boy's lips.  The boy's eyes widened in shock at the intimate contact, but he didn't resist. 

"You know I love you, right?" said Sungyeol.

The boy nodded.

Their moment was interrupted when they heard the chimes alerting them that someone had entered the shop.  Sungyeol almost frowned in annoyance at the interruption, but the boy was already making his way out.

The boy was surprised when he saw the man with the baby in his arms.  The man smiled at him and the boy found himself smiling back.

"I was hoping to catch you before you closed," said the man.  "I came to return this to you."  He handed the umbrella back to the boy.  "Thank you."

The boy smiled and took the umbrella from the man.  He then looked at the baby.  His face lit up with delight when the baby smiled back at him.  "He looks happy today."

"That's because he's full now," replied the man.  "You should have seen him before.  He's a terror."

The boy smiled as he continued to play with the baby, until he felt a gentle touch on the side of his cheek. 

"Does it still hurt?" the man asked him.

The boy didn't respond.  His heart was beating rapidly at the man's touch, rendering him speechless as he stared into the man's eyes.

"We're closing," Sungyeol announced with a glare in his eyes as he came out from the back.

The man stepped back when he saw the look in Sungyeol's eyes.  He took the hint.  "Sorry to trouble you," he said to the boy before walking out the door.

Sungyeol frowned when he noticed the boy's eyes following the man as he left.  "Why don't you head home first, I'll close up here," said Sungyeol.  "Your arm is already hurt, I don't want you in anymore pain."


As the boy walked along the street, he felt as if someone was following him.  He thought it might be Sungyeol but when he turned around, no one was in sight.  Unable to shake off the uneasy feeling, he sped up his pace but stopped short when a masked figure appeared in front of him.

"Look what we have here," spoke the figure with a sword swung over his shoulder.

The boy knew he was in trouble.  He turned around, attempting to run the other way but a second figure blocked his escape.

"A soon to be lifeless body," added the second figure, holding out his sword.

The figure looked at his partner.  "You're such a killjoy.  You'll scare the kid."

The boy panicked, not knowing what to do.  "Who are you?" he asked, trying to hold back his fear.  "What do you want?"

"We're here to see you off," informed the second figure.  "To hell."