Landing

Flaming Birds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day, 2018

 

“Hyunnie, if you want to change the place, it’s okay. You don’t have too.”

Joohyun stands for a little while in front of the little café while recalling her discussion with Sooyeon an hour before. The older woman was given her an option to keep running, but she denied it.

She has been running all these years, maybe this is when she needs to find her way back home.

“Pumpkin, just go first and find a table, will you?”

Miyoung’s soft touch, bring her back from her memories, those that she tried to forget but never succeeded.

“Sure, Unnie.” She nods and takes a deep breath before entering the café.

Missing the gesture that Miyoung takes behind her back, the latter mobile in her hand has been switch on.

Joohyun pushes the door softly and throws some glance over the ever-so-familiar place. 

Many things have changed, she notices, but there is one that stays: those collages of Polaroid that are decorating the wall behind the café counter. One of them (or more?) hold her memories intact through time.

She does not dare to find those pictures, yet. Even when she will be able to point each one of them in seconds. She afraid that she will do anything stupid afterward.

Anything she ever did that related to Sehun was always slightly stupid anyway.

The door behind her opens again. She instantly knows it is her sister when her arm being tugged. “Told you, Pumpkin, they serve Red Velvet Cake here.”

Of course she knows. She was here three months ago. Alone and battered.

“Go find a table, I’ll order for you.”

Joohyun smiles at her sister, thanking in silent that the older is aware of her uneasiness of going to the counter. She is sure that Miyoung has located the pictures too, being a regular visitor herself.

Miyoung tucks the falling strands on her eyes back into her left ears and pats her cheek fondly.

 

Summer, 2011

 

“Why is my life so complicated, Unnie.”

Miyoung threw a glance to her side, caught her sister plopped on the bed with a thump. She shook her head. She should be the dramatic one here, not Joohyun.

Joohyun was always the sensible one, no matter that she was two years younger.

Joohyun would not be love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter