Dejavu

Flaming Birds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day, 2018

 

“Sir, here the newspapers…. and the magazine that your cousin asked me especially to deliver to you.” His secretary, his father’s former secretary since twenty years ago, put a stack of his daily newspaper which today is added with a fashion magazine that oddly not something he used to read. “And don’t forget your lunch.” She adds before walking toward the door and closes it slowly.

He shakes his head in exasperation. The old lady has known him since he was only five years old and used to babysit him when he came to play at his father’s desk. Twenty years later, six months ago to be exact, his father gave up the Oh Corporation to his children due to some severe heart attacks he has gotten for the past few years.

Sehun, the youngest, gets his first ever business, an advertising company, and his first secretary, who happens to be one of the oldest family friend. Until now, Sehun does not understand why he gets her since his brother and sister repeatedly asked his father to let Ms. Kwon to be their secretary, but rumor said it was Ms. Kwon herself who asked to be back to the old company.

He also can't comprehend on why it was easy for her to change from “Sehun-ah” to “Mr. Oh” or “Sir” when regards him. Even Jongin, his best friend since elementary school, the man extraordinaire because he distastes those thing that are normal and easy, cannot figuring out. At the end, both boys turned men accept the fact that there is an anomaly named Ms. Kwon. Jongin, or “Mr. Kim” now, though, is still said that Ms. Kwon is a hot ahjumma.

Sehun smiles a little when Jongin flashes onto his mind. Always been his oldest friend, they’ve been sidekicks since the day they met, despite the differences on their characters. But maybe that’s why they stick together, although Sehun sometimes still can't forgive Jongin for his coup d’ affair with his cousin, Soojung (“I love her! I only follow what she wants!” was Jongin’s defense when he came to him at night after he found out that Soojung, the youngest of them all, ran from home and dragged Jongin with her for a two weeks road trip in Jeju.).

He wonders if it was Soojun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter