Romeo and Juliette

Rooftop Couple

 

It was another day for school. This morning, you avoided Jonghwan and rushed off to school alone.

Since yesterday, you simply can’t look at his face. You absolutely can’t close with him, you were really quiet nervous when confronted with him.

You sighed as you opened your locker, “What’s up with that sigh?” An angelic and familiar voice asked. You lifted up your face and turned to the side. Your eyes widened in surprise but your face brightened when you saw her, “NOEUL!” You immediately attacked her with a bear hug.

She chuckled and patted your back, “How are you, Haneul? It’s been 2 days, right?” Noeul giggled before shaking her head.

You pulled back and smiled. But there was something different about her. “Noeul… Where’s your glasses?” You asked.

Noeul smiled sweetly, “That’s why I didn’t come for two days.” She replied as she closed her locker and turned again to you with a big smile, “I’m trying to get used to wearing this.” She pointed to her brown eyes.

You narrowed your eyes on her and beamed, “You wear contact lenses! Oh god, you look so pretty wearing it, Noeul.”

Her expression softened. Both of you began to walk to your class as Noeul said, “Actually, I don’t want to come today. But he kept pushing me to come.”

You blinked innocently at her, “Who do you mean?” “Changbum.” Noeul answered.

You were paused but then caught it. You stopped walking as you put your hands on your hips, “Noeul, What is your relationship with Changbum? You like a couple that covered their relationship.”

Noeul also stopped and looked at you as she blinked, “What are you talking about? Changbum is my childhood friend.”

“Really? But… Maybe he liked you.” You guessed and began to walk again. Noeul chuckled lightly, “That’s not possible.” “Hey, Who knows?” You said. Noeul just chuckled as she shook her head.

“AISH! STAY AWAY FROM ME!” A voice snarled.

You and Noeul immediately looked up. You were paused when you saw Heebee tried to hug Chunji’s arm but Chunji kept pushing her away. The other members of Teen Top looked at Heebee with a dirty look. You were shocked, Is that as fast as she forget Jonghwan?”

“Tsk tsk,” Noeul hissed before shaking her head, “I’ve heard of Changbum, That yesterday she was rejected by Jonghwan.” Noeul said as she looked at you. And then she smiled, “And It was because of you. How sweet!”

You blushed and held your drawstring bag, “I don’t understand, Is she really that easy to get over someone?”

“She was like that, Haneul. She liked L.Joe before and easily forgot him. Then, she turned to Jonghwan. That’s why so many of students hated her. Two-faced .” Noeul sharply said.

You were startled because of her words. Two days didn’t come to school, Why would she suddenly become like this? This is her other side that just you see. But, you liked it.

You smiled, “Wow, Han Noeul. You’re a little changed, and That’s cool!” You giggled and then came into your class.

Noeul blinked and then also came into the class.

 

---------

 

The bell for the first lesson rang. But it’s been 30 minutes passed, Teacher haven’t entered the classroom. The atmosphere in the class to be very noisy and no one bothered with the task that left by an assistant teacher.

“HEY—YAH! WOOJIN!” Lee Sera, the prefect of your classroom snapped when Woojin played around with her cellphone. Woojin laughed and tossed it to Ryuwon.

Ryuwon laughed along. When Sera came to take her cellphone, Ryuwon tossed it to Woojin again. “YAH!” Sera snapped again.

“OW! HYUNG!” Niel whined when CAP threw his book and hit his head. CAP just laughed and talked with Chunji again. While L.Joe was sleeping with his head on the table.

Situation in the classroom is really messed up.

“BACK TO YOUR SEAT!” Suddenly, your homeroom teacher, Mrs. Kim Sunmi entered the class. Everyone quickly sat back in their seats.

Mrs. Kim Sunmi is still young and vibrant. She is the English Teacher and still single. Rumors circulated that she was in a relationship with your PE Teacher.

Mrs. Kim stared at her students one by one. Her students didn’t dare open their mouth and just silent. They knew, if their homeroom teacher was really serious, they didn’t want to bother her. Or, They’re over.

“MY STUDENTS!” Suddenly, she shouted and smiled brightly. Woojin sighed and buried his head into his bag, “Festival…” He mumbled.

“YES, RIGHT! MY STUDENT, KIM WOOJIN! IT’S FESTIVAL OF TOP HIGH SCHOOL!” Mrs. Kim cheered.

“YEEEESSS!” Unlike Woojin, everyone was very happy as they cheered together. That means, They will not attend classes if there is such a school festival like this.

“Festival?” You blinked and turned to Noeul. “It’s our school 35th Anniversary. Because of it, our school will be held a Festival. Every class had to show their talents. Perhaps, because of it Woojin didn’t want to. That’s troublesome.” Noeul said as you and her turned to Woojin who muttered something. His face showed uninterested.

Your gaze fell to L.Joe who was still sleeping. You softened and shook your head.

“Lee Sera, Come here!” Mrs. Kim called Sera. Sera stood up of her chair and walked over to this homeroom teacher. “What’s wrong, Ssaem?” Sera asked.

“As a prefect, you have to take the lead and discuss with them what you have to show. Year ago, we lost because of Woojin.” Mrs. Kim eyed Woojin. Woojin rolled his eyes, “That was not because of me, Sun-Sun ssaem! It was because of CAP hyung who didn’t want to take part as a Prince and gave it to me!” Woojin complained.

“Hey!” CAP yelped as he didn’t like when Woojin suddenly took his name into his problem with Mrs. Kim. “But it was true…” Woojin mumbled.

“Whatever. Nah, I trust you, Sera. I still have a meeting, So you’re free until break time later. Bye, my students.” Mrs. Kim waved and winked as she walked out of the class.

“Bye, Ssaem!” Some students waved back.

“Attention, guys!” Now, their attention focused to Sera. Sera smiled, She was satisfied with her friends would listen to her. “Good, now… What we will do for this festival?”

They were silent. Sera looked around and found a student raised his hand, “Oh, Youngmin, What’s your idea?”

Youngmin stood up, “How about we just show a drama again? I mean, last year was not a successful drama. So maybe we can show better this year.”

Sera nodded in understanding, she liked his idea already, “I think your idea is good. What about the rest? What do you guys want to do?”

Noeul raised her hand and stood up, “I agree with Youngmin. I want to play drama again.”

“Me too. I want drama again!” Another shouted. “I want it too, but—Don’t push me as a lead role because I don’t want it!” Woojin raised his hand with a complain.

Sera rolled her eyes but smiled, “Okay… So, we had a deal?” Sera asked.

“Deal!” Everyone cheered.

“What drama we will play? Anyone have an idea?” Sera asked again. “Me! Me!” A bright voice said. Sera chuckled, “You, Park Miho.”

Miho stood up, “ROMEO AND JULIETTE!”

Everyone was silent after she mentioned her idea. A minutes later, Everyone shouted as they agreed. “YES! IT WILL BE GOOD! ROMEO AND JULIETTE IS A GOOD STORY!”

You just smiled to see their spirit to do a drama. You never saw they like that.

“L.JOE CAN BE THE ROMEO!”

“NO! JONGHWAN CAN!”

“And Chunji can play the Juliette.” CAP suddenly said. “Yah!” Chunji immediately shot him a look.

You turned to them and chuckled as you shook your head. L.Joe still sleeping and didn’t bother to give attention to this discussion.

“Okay okay, Calm down guys!” Sera shouted from the podium. “I have a suggestion for someone who will play as Juliette.”

Everyone was silent again. Sera smiled, “How about… Min Haneul who will play as Juliette?”

You startled when Sera suddenly mentioned your name. Now everyone in the classroom was focused on you. You looked around and turned to Sera, “M-m-m-me?!”

Sera nodded with a smile, “Yes, You. How about it guys? Do you all agree?”

*Of course they’re not agree.* You said and waited their reaction.

“OF COURSE WE ARE AGREE!”

Your eyes widened as they shouted like that. What? You spun around and found their eyes were stared at you with hope.

“She’s beautiful! Her long hair is so pretty! She fits perfectly into this role!” Miho said as she clapped her hands.

*W-What?!* You frowned and blushed. *Seriously?*

“Haneul, Everyone is agreed. What about you?” Sera’s voice makes you turned to her again. *Well, there’s no harm right?* You smiled up at her, “Sure. Why not?”

“WOOHOOO!” Everyone clapped.

“Congrats for your first role in this class, Haneul.” Noeul patted your shoulder and smiled. You smiled back and wondering who will be Romeo.

“Hmm… Now for Romeo—“ “JONGHWAN FITS THAT ROLE PERFECTLY!” Miho yelled.

“YES, YES! JONGHWAN CAN BE THE ROMEO! THEY’RE SO PERFECT TOGETHER!” Another student joined Miho as they were so excited.

Jonghwan couldn’t help but smile. Imagining that him as Romeo and you as Juliette, on the stage, together.

“No no.” A voice said. Everyone turned their head to Ryuwon. Ryuwon stood up and came over to Sera, to help her lead the discussion. “I have a suggestion.” He calmly said. “How about L.Joe play as Romeo?” Suddenly, Jonghwan’s smile faded as he looked at Ryuwon.

“Yah, buddy! Wake up!” Chunji whispered into L.Joe’s ear. He slapped Chunji’s face and buried his face to his bag, “Shut up, don’t bother me,”

“But It’s about you, fool!” Chunji snarled. L.Joe hissed and looked up at him, “What?!”

“Why did you pick L.Joe, Ryuwon?” Sera asked. “Because, Jonghwan is someone who is very gentle and loving. He fits as Juliette’s Father.” Ryuwon explained.

One by one, they nodded their heads in agreement. “And L.Joe… I don’t know why, but he fits as Romeo. And I wanted to see L.Joe and Haneul together on the stage.” Ryuwon shrugged.

*W-What?! Me and Haneul?! What the hell is this?!* L.Joe turned to Sera and Ryuwon, confused. “Stupid, It was about Haneul as Juliette and you as Romeo.” Chunji said.

L.Joe turned to him in alarm as he mentioned your name. *Haneul as… Juliette? And me as, Romeo?!* Slowly, a wide smile appeared on his face.

“What do you think guys?” Sera asked.

“WE ARE AGREED!” They shouted again. Satisfied, Sera smiled widely and hi-fived with Ryuwon who just helped her. “Thanks, Ryuwon.” “Anytime, Sera.” They smiled at each other and began to choose the others roles.

You and L.Joe turned to each other at the same time. Your experession softened and smiled at him before you stuck out your tongue at him. *With Byunghun? It’s not bad at all.*

L.Joe laughed a little and kept watching you, *With you? Of course I’m so happy.*