F☾RSAKEN

M A I D E N of D A R K N E S S ☾

                                                                      First| Chapter
                                                                          Forsaken 



________________________________________________________________________________



The car drove through the empty streets.

I crossed my legs and rested my back against the seat, as I stared at the passing scenery outside.
My name was called by my mother’s soft voice.

 


“You haven’t spoken about this since they came.”

“Well it’s not like I could refuse them, especially after what they did for us.”

“But giving your blood…I’m worried about your health. Me and your father will gather the money you can always explain to them that you can’t, I am sure that they will understand you.”

“Mom, I am going to be alright. It’s just until their son gets better, besides the business is going well now, you can’t afford any other loans.”



                                                                                                * * *

 


The moon was set in place, making the windows of the mansion sparkle from its luminosity. The car stopped and I got off.
 


“Welcome, Miss Park.”- A tall blonde man said, taking my bags and heading trough the house gates.
 

 
As we entered the house the first thing I saw after crossing the corridors were the old painting hanged on the walls and the beautiful old fashioned chandelier hanged in the main hall.


 

“Mr. Choi and his wife left for Paris a few minutes ago for a meeting with the young master’s doctor. If you excuse me now, I will go and finish the last preparations of your room.”- He bowed down and went up the staircase turning left.   

“Thank you.”- I whispered, but he wouldn’t even hear it. He already disappeared in the house.


 

I felt a bit awkward. Making people do things for me was something I didn’t quite like. I was told to feel at home here, but there wasn’t that feeling of sweet home. Yes, the house was decorated more than beautifully and everything looked like from a fairytale, but the feeling of comfort and warmness was missing.

It was almost like a battlefield…a deserted house full of ghosts.


 

“And who are you?”- I turned around and saw a tall young man with black hair standing behind me.

“My name is Lyn, I am he—“

“Ah, yes!”- He put up his hand as if he had enough information. It was a bit rude, tough.- “My parents told me about your agreement. I’m Seung-hyun. Whe—”


 

His words suddenly evaporated when he saw my face after hearing his name.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?”-He asked.

 

My eyes were carefully fixing every inch of his face.

I took his cold hand and placed my left palm on his neck, then moved it onto his forehead. He pulse seemed well, but his pale skin and black circles worried me a bit.


 

“I am sorry…I didn’t mean to act so freely. It’s just that your parents left you in my care and I wanted to make sure you were feeling alright. ”

 

I looked at him, but his gaze was blank. He stayed like that for a few minutes than let out an evil chuckle. His eyes gave out a strong and mind-controlling feeling as his lips curled into a devilish grin.  

 

“Ah…I see…”- he whispered to himself. –“Well, Lyn, if you want to get along with me you must do what I ask of you.”

“Okay.”-I answered with a bit of hesitation. Wasn’t I supposed to look after him?

“First, let us head to my room and there I will let you in on the details.”


 

I nodded and we headed up stairs. The hallway that we walked through had peach and light-brown striped wallpapers and old vintage lamps placed between the doors. Seung-hyun stopped. He opened the door for me and waited till I get in. I was just about to do so when I heard the door behind us open. I stopped and tried to turn around, but he grabbed my hand and fiercely shoved me into his dark room.

 

“Just like a mouse in a trap.”- He grinned closing the door behind him.