Four Years Of Waiting

The Tale of Two Sisters

      Nara's POV

 

I sighed, staring blankly outside my bedroom window turning my sight up towards the cloudy sky.

 

"Looks like it might snow.." I muttered, pulling my attention away from the window.

 

Looking around my room I found myself smiling as the good memories flooded my mind. The ones where my mother would chase me around the room. Scooping me up and gently tossing me onto the bed before her gently fingers grazed my sides letting the laughter fill the room.

 

I quickly glanced at the clock before deciding to get up and go to work. I really didn't care that it was an hour earlier before work I couldn't sleep anymore. Rolling out of bed I stumbled towards my closet. Pulling my shoes on I found my knitted beanie and slid it into place.

 

Bouncing down the stairs I slightly stumbled, but I quickly recovered.

 

I saw Hyori in the kitchen looking like she had just woke up, she has seen better days, "Bye!" I called out walking out the door and making my way to work.

 

The ground was icey so I made sure to walk carefully. I am a pretty big klutz when it comes to tripping or slipping.

 

I stepped into the small coffee shop and quickly wallked towards the back to find my arpon hanging all alone on the hangers. Pulling it off I my heels walking out towards the counter tying it into a pretty bow.

 

I walk around the counter to see the guys from yesterday were talking in hushed voices to my boss,

"Hey." I called out moving towards them quickly shifting my beanie that was slowly sliding off

 

"Annyeong" they said back. One of them caught my attention today, he had blue and blonde hair, he was wearing a black circle scarf and was basically towering over everyone else. How did I not notice them yesterday?

 

I sat on a swivel chair next to them and stared out of the window, my thoughts wandering off.

 

I remembered why we had to come back to Korea, our father was taking care of our sick grandma, and didn't want us to get sick as well and see him breakdown again. But Hyori and I knew better and the really reason.

 

It was probably because we were the only thing left of mom.A single tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away, looking up to see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I asked blinking a couple times to push the forming tears away.

 

"...Are you okay, Nara?" my boss asked, a worried look painted across her face.

 

I blinked again and smiled brightly, "I'm great!" I said playing with my fingers, chewing my bottom lip.

 

"You sure?"  A boy with chuddy cheeks questioned softly taking a step towards me.

 

I waved my hand to dismiss the conversation " I'm prefectly fine." I said crinkling my nose.

 

I heard someone start to open their mouth to say something when my eyes focused on the background.

 

"It's snowing!" I said shooting up and running over to the window.

 

I heard people walking up behind me.

 

"Nara, how old are you?" my boss asked staring at me.

 

"...My Korean age or my American age?" I asked, my hands pressed against the window like a small child would.

 

"American." she said.

 

"i'm fifteen." I said staring at the falling flakes.

 

"Why are you so excited over snow?" the with blue hair asked.

 

"Mmm... Because I've just moved back from America, and where I lived, it hardly ever snowed." I said.

 

"Ah~" he said, I could feel him staring at me, but I ignored it and continued staring out the window

 

The last time I saw snow was about four years ago.