I Do

350 degrees

 

   Lately Baro and sandeuls home economic cooking class has been taking it really easy . They weren't complaining since it gave them more time together to eat and steal powdery- sweet - sticky kisses from each other , especially when sandeul tastes something really spicy because Baro pounces for the savoriness of the lips of the ducky in peril . after a while people started to worry when there next project will be considering grades will be in soon and that's when the big news came . 
     
  As soon as Baro walked into the classroom he noticed everyone in their assigned seats actually serious for once . " oh mr. Cha do join us you are right on time " his teacher said with a welcoming smile which was weird . He mouth a ' what's happening to sandeullie who just shrugged and then started humming the lyrics to a song with that title ". 
    After the bell rang and everyone was attentive to the teacher she came from behind her desk with an envelope in her hand . " Good afternoon class I'm sure many of you have been wondering when the next project will be , if there will be a test or what will you be graded on . Well I am happy to announce to you all that I have decided on this one and only thing that you will all have to do to pass my class ." She passed the envelope to the girl in front of her and gestured for her to open it . She read it to herself before looking at the teacher in a surprised yet smiley expression " Ms you are getting married ?! " . The girl next to her snatched it out of her hand and read it too " waaaa it's true !" . Their teacher smiled and spoke once again " That will be Mrs. soon enough of course it's true "She showed off her ring a little " but that isn't all . You my class are all invited . That is your final project ." Baro felt confused " so all we have to do is attend your wedding and we pass ?" She shook her head and waved her finger side to side " not attend but work as caterers ". The  class erupted in a buzz . Some people excited about going to a wedding period while others dreadful and asking if it was even legal . Almost 90% of their grade being told about 3 weeks before the big day however will this play out its not like any of them have an option . The envelope reached Baro and instinctually he turned to see sandeul smiling at him but when he saw Baro he gave him that adorable pout he loved so much and it made them both smile  together. 
 
The class was divided into different sections but they all had to be in the venue bright and early even though they wouldn't be at the ceremony since they would be preparing for the reception .  It was no surprise their teacher wanted a roaring twenties wedding something completely new and different to her students but a time she was fascinated by . The place looked amazing with gold everywhere , pearls, peacock feathers, unique patterns , a live band and just an entire vintage feeling in the atmosphere . the food on the other hand was mostly still typical Korean food . Her students were all dressed the same in the uniform she had set up for them ; girls in flapper dresses and guys in typical suits for that time period finished off with bow ties and suspenders . Everyone reacted differently to being in something other than their school uniform clothes around each other and serving total strangers but its their job . It took place in a brilliant hotel so they had rooms to change and get ready in, but as soon as they were done though they had to go to their assigned groups.  
     
  some were put as champagne servers , or in charge of kimbap and bulgogi based appetizers ,most had to prepare  the traditional sticky  rice balls and were  in charge of the long noodles that made up the actual meal traditionally served to represent a long life for the happy couple . The best students were in charge of making sure everything was running smoothly , tastes as it should and get to assists the expert pastry chefs finish the wedding cake. one of those few would be none other than Baro while sandeul is on noodle duty .
       In order to mix the food with the theme he would caramelized shrimp balls so that they would harden to feel like the guest are eating strings of pearls. he thanked god it wasn't such a big wedding and wondered what it was like at the ceremony since he had never been to one before . he didn't like that Baro was so busy ;the other kids in his class mock him if sandeul tells them to get back to work or stop tasting the food more than they should. Every now and then he'd peek to see if there were any other people from school or a hint of arrival of the guest. When they did come pouring in 
he spotted one red head among the swarm of brunettes , he felt like he knew exactly who it was but why would he be there ? It's getting too busy for him to check out now since the first servers are already being sent out. Baro was going by each station to make sure the dishes were ready so he was calling sandeuls name. when the elder blew his bangs out of his face and approached him he tried not to sound as trapped behind the doors as he felt. 
 
"Deullie~ are the noodles  ready to be sent out yet " Baro said giving him a back hug . 
" yea they better be I've been breaking my back working on them for this dang class " sandeul answered .
" aw want a massage you poor thing " Baro responded trying to mask the mischief in his voice as he rubbed sandeuls back before attacking him with pokes to his weak spots.
The older tried to distance himself when retaliation made things worst " I will bite you I swear !" 
To which Baro just smirked at and teased " oh feisty today are we?" 
They were interrupted by the flooding sound of cheering and applauding signaling the brides arrival . 
 
The bright side of all this hustling and bustling was that they finally got to engage themselves. The guest were tolerable and their teacher was sending out such a radiant vibe he couldn't feel tired about the task. "Excuse me" he heard himself being called by someone and turned around neatly "yes how may I help you" the ending half came out bunched together because there was jinyoung who seemed to be what looks like the best man. He gave him a flashing white smile that matched his blazer and complimented his wine colored hair.  The thing that's so stunning about him is that he just appears places like its always so out if the blue. 
"What are you doing here?" 
"Well what kind of son would I be if I didn't attend my own fathers wedding ? Now be a good little waiter and get me some champagne " 
Well that explains that; it's still weird
 "  aren't you too young to be drinking?"  
He tilted his head " aren't you too young to assume that I'm too young to be drinking?" 
This guy is ugh just so weird but pretty . There was someone else at the table with him a guy with a soft face and black  hair who smiled amused at the conversation .
" I don't serve the drinks see you around " and with that he went back to get more things to serve passing the wife's table. She looked beautiful 
In a intricately beaded dress that had a feathery bottom that just screamed flapper , it made him wonder what she wore to the ceremony . At the table sat a young man with longish hair by her side and glasses maybe he was her son since there weren't that many young people attending. 
 
It wasn't until after the newly weds cut the cake and fed it to each other that the students/servants finally got a break. they were eating while everyone was on the dance floor . 
Jinyoung had gone to the men's room and when he cane back he saw gongchan  his boyfriend dancing with his new brother in law . He was immediately jealous and Baro and sandeul just looked back and forth between the two trying to put the pieces together while finishing their meal. After two minutes he couldn't take the jealousy and snatched sandeul up and pulled him along to dance , his face was still stuffed with noodles and bulgogi . Baro was telling him something before he was dragged away so his smile now faded . He wish that his deullie wasn't so oblivious sometimes and drank the rest of his broth sighing deeply afterwards. "Would my favorite student like to dance ?" The bride asked him with the most natural smile and he was more than happy to join her. That's how it got started.       
 
    Jinyoung kept trying to find a way to switch from sandeul to gongchan but other people kept getting away and his new brother in law CNU was definitely doing this on purpose. Jinyoung went from sandeul to a relative ,to one of the flapper girl students ,to another one ,to his father ,to the maid of honor ,to the bride ,to the flower girl and then finally to gongchan. In that time CNU was dancing with his mother and Baro and sandeul were with each other again . It was like they were the newly weds having a first dance but it wasn't really a slow dance so they just went with the flow their way. sandeul watched as jinyoung clinged to gongchan tightly and as a girl from his class shyly asked CNU to dance , leaving the bride and groom to be reunited once again
. " some couples are weird" he told Baro as they went to get some cake " yea I know" he agreed right before he drew a long line of icing on his beloved deullies cheek murmuring " why do people always have to put so much icing sheesh" trying to hide a smirk . Sandeul was shocked. 
" aw come here deullie I will clean  it off for you" Baro tried to pull him towards him so he could up the mess he made but sandeul started fighting with him and pushing him away " you are such a bad boyfriend" baro gave him a hug " aw don't be like that " 
"But I still love you" sandeul said almost a whisper
 . "What was that ?" The squirrel piqued up. 
" oh nothiiiiing " the duck sang before plopping icing on the others nose. 
 
we I final updated! Thanks for not grabbing your pitchfork and torches❤❤❤❤❤❤ you guys are all the best !!! Please comment and let me know what you think ^*^ I will deny or confirm that I ship jinchan hehe the next chapter will probably be the last :,( but I still hope you enjoy and I always take forever looking for the right pictures/gifs. Once again sorry I took so long ~ subscribe if you want :3